Home

Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

This is a discussion on Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #73
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
I really can't believe the lack of gameplay. I'm starting to get very skeptical. I think I'll give it a month or 2 after release if I even pick out up, unless I'm blown away by the gameplay.

I don't get the this logic. What is the difference if they release 30 videos over the course of 2 months or 30 videos within 2 weeks? U still get 30 vids. U still get plenty of time to judge the game before release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #74
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I don't get the this logic. What is the difference if they release 30 videos over the course of 2 months or 30 videos within 2 weeks? U still get 30 vids. U still get plenty of time to judge the game before release.

If the videos get released and everything looks legit then I see no reason not to buy. I think at this point it's worrisome to have seen no gameplay because nobody has seen the game running on frostbite which begs the question of whether it can run on frostbite without issue.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #75
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

If there is no difference, why wait til two weeks out to release videos??? Why the change now?

I'm still trying to figure out what game developers waited til the last minute to show it's game footage.

The game will be out the week after next. The week after next. Let that sink in and marinate with no game footage.

That's bonkers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 30

I'm actually good with the offscreen vids and the little bit from EA I've seen but what helps me be good with that are the blogs. Wow.

I'm not sure I've ever been this level of excited for Madden because of what's being added to what's already been done. GAMEPLAY FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS are HUGE to me, and, yes, I LOVE visual and "the little things" type of improvements as well but as I used to harp on back in the day, football game play IS the foundation of a great football video game.

As we all know, EA was constantly coming up with gimmicks and nonsense that would hide and deflect from issues in the game but they've finally learned that uprooting bad code and fixing/improving game play is where it's at.

Rex and Co are putting in that work!!! Madden has evolved into the football video game I yearned for as time went on, and I started football "video gaming" as a kid on my Colecovision (Yes, I am "old") but no fb game got me the way the first Madden did on Genesis.

The glory days of fb gaming are now, imo. Love it!!
Old 08-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I'm actually good with the offscreen vids and the little bit from EA I've seen but what helps me be good with that are the blogs. Wow.

I'm not sure I've ever been this level of excited for Madden because of what's being added to what's already been done. GAMEPLAY FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS are HUGE to me, and, yes, I LOVE visual and "the little things" type of improvements as well but as I used to harp on back in the day, football game play IS the foundation of a great football video game.

As we all know, EA was constantly coming up with gimmicks and nonsense that would hide and deflect from issues in the game but they've finally learned that uprooting bad code and fixing/improving game play is where it's at.

Rex and Co are putting in that work!!! Madden has evolved into the football video game I yearned for as time went on, and I started football "video gaming" as a kid on my Colecovision (Yes, I am "old") but no fb game got me the way the first Madden did on Genesis.

The glory days of fb gaming are now, imo. Love it!!
I completely agree with you as well. Although I do agree with folks who would like to see a good bit more done, and I also agree Madden isn't where it could be, or even should be, I still am really looking forward to Madden 18 and I don't think they're hiding anything. I think they're just choosing to not release a bunch of videos to build the hype and from the looks of things it's got people talking.

What is it they say, no publicity is bad publicity? Madden videos will be here soon and the only difference is people won't have weeks to go through them with a fine tooth comb and pick them apart slide by slide before the game is out. Honestly, maybe that is the point in not releasing a lot of videos earlier on.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #78
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think that is more personal opinion vs fact, at this point.

He has said that the GCers are invited out this week to capture all the video they need and watch next week explode with videos.

One GCer was already asking what their followers wanted to see.

Similar to the old days before the internet.
Can't understand why they need people to go down there and capture video to then process it and publish it for them, along with all their hoopla and commentary. Just some regular gameplay videos would be fine.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #79
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
The game will be out the week after next. The week after next. Let that sink in and marinate with no game footage
It doesn't bother me one bit

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
It doesn't bother me one bit
Yeah, you and I have plenty of time to play The Golf Club 2

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »