Home

Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

This is a discussion on Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #9
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

I think they closed the thread because Rex said awhile back that blogs were coming around jul 15-20. The most recent mention of gameplay videos, Rex said they'd be out in August. It's not August, yet, correct? I would hope the first week of August. But who knows.

They've said from the beginning (since ea play and longshot was introduced) that ea marketing team wanted to focus on longshot, first. They also are trying to push NBA live some. Although, I haven't seen any commercials for that. . Lol. But, overall, the point being, they've said from the beginning of this news cycle, if u will, that gameplay was going to be coming out later. And, again, there was a recent tweet about coming out in August. So, we still have to wait.

I've actually already decided to buy used this year. Unfortunately, I really think the gameplay is going to be solid. But, I don't like the longshot idea, and I don't like how marketing is handling things. They really don't have any thoughts about their core community. So, it's just kind of disappointing. The whole point of getting gameplay videos in July, or even June has always just been a nice way for madden to say, 'hey. Check out the game coming this year. See u in a few months.'

For me, getting gameplay in August does nothing for me. The games already about out. I'm going to buy it anyways (used). It's the only NFL game available. It's just nice to see gameplay early and get an idea of what it looks like. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #10
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Be Patient.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Like Mr. Hanky said, the latest on Twitter game play is being released in August.

Now, as a friendly note and reminder, the way OS is run is not to be discussed in a thread. If you have issues with a thread being closed, take it up with the mod that closed it.

Discussing it further in a thread closes threads as well.

Last edited by roadman; 07-30-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 10:35 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Why be concerned when EA Access comes out before the game releases ? There will be tons of footage to make your decision before release. Whether EA releases footage or people capture footage from EA access there will be enough to make a buying decision before release.
I'm not sure that's the 'concern' the guys trying to start threads to discuss it have. They can speak for themselves, but I'd think if EA made all these great fixes, there should be a ton of excitement to show it off. There's a whole new mode to market and show off as well. But instead they want to wait until the 23rd hour. I can understand the 'impression' that it is giving off to people. And I just simply cannot knock people gauging a game that people play by lack of eagerness to show off game play.

And the Long Shot/NBA Live marketing excuse IMO has run its course. There's been no 'push' at all for either. I still don't know anymore about Long Shot than I did in June. If you go to EA's website, there is more "news" about 'NBA Live Mobile' than the actual game. And I feel like i know more about 2K's game than EA's at this point.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

People have the right to show their displeasure about how the game was marketed.

Marketing went a different approach this year and there isn't anything anyone can do it now. Maybe next year things will be different, we'll see.

Once companies set a new plan/path, they won't deviate from that plan.

Last edited by roadman; 07-30-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #14
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm not concerned as I don't care about game play vids. All that matters is the finished product.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
People have the right to show their displeasure about how the game was marketed.
I mean, I guess you are right. But complaining about marketing seems to be about the least productive thing a consumer can do. Usually people complain about having too much marketing. But here at OS, the entitled masses get angry if they are not provided a regular doses of media that they can over analyze and overreact to.

For me, this latest unrest over the lack of marketing is the a rather sad commentary on the community at OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #16
Rookie

ig0easy's Arena

There has been gameplay shown (EA Play), but I am happy they've kept it under wraps as I believe that means they are/have been working on tuning it before they produce their own gameplay videos. I'm pretty sure the EA Play build was an Alpha at most, so hopefully with the extra six weeks they have been able to tighten stuff up.

I'm assuming we'll start to see gameplay this week or next, with at least a week before EA Access starts for Madden as the cut off. These blogs have all been very insightful, I just want to see some of it with my own eyes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »