Home

Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

This is a discussion on Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #17
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

I'm not really concerned about it. I think we will be getting gameplay videos around August 11th.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Not concerned either. I will have a chance to play on EA Access before the game comes out. I agree with the point above that it probably has a lot to do with still working on the game. Now, one could say that it concerns them that the game is not finished if that is the case.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #19
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

only reason im concerned is the new engine. usually if you switch to better engine you blow it out during marketing
Old 07-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #20
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Not concerned at all but it is just a really bad marketing strategy. The released the longshot trailer and info, then pretty much nothing for a month. Then in the past week we finally got a bunch of gameplay blogs. But for the non hardcore surely a lot of that info will get lost in translation since it was so clumped together. And now we still haven't seen the game in motion almost 2 weeks away from playing it. Really strange.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #21
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Ok I'll summarize the videos we would have gotten.

1) whoa videos! Looks great
2) wait look at all these issues I discovered going frame by frame
3) this is an early build so you can't really judge...

Ok so assume all that happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Most people in the community have been frustrated that we haven't seen any real gameplay from Madden 18 yet. To this point I've been bummed about it, but now I'm starting to get concerned. With less than three weeks to go until the EA Access release I'm wondering if there are still too many bugs in the game for them to release footage. There does not seem to be a good reason to restrict the footage this late in the process and that is making me concerned that they aren't going to be ready for the release in two and a half weeks.

Thoughts?
Good post. I don't think anyone could be called paranoid for thinking the game won't launch upon it's original release date. I can't remember a time where we have been devoid of gameplay videos for this long.

In my opinion, game footage has been withheld simply because the game is not ready. The talk of marketing strategy, concerning the implementation of the new "Longshot" mode, as being the reason gameplay videos have been squelched appears to be nothing more than a smokescreen.

Rex was adamant that M18 would not be released while in need of patch after patch to fix issues. It is highly likely that they are up against the clock due to the fact that they are introducing a new mode,have switched to a different game engine, added coaching adjustments and many new user controls as well.

When they feel the game is ready to be shown, we will be buried in gameplay videos because they know folks are antsy. As for me, an offline franchise player, I've already downloaded updated rosters and just finished my own tweaks to it so I am more than happy to play M17 for another year if need be. What the heck, I played M12 for five years...
Old 07-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #23
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

This type of marketing campaign is unprecedented. In my opinion it's opened the door to more pre-release negativity than I've ever seen for any release of Madden. People are right to be concerned and it leads people to believe that they're just taking the Madden consumer for granted. "They'll just buy it anyway", kind of attitude.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Yea, there is definitely something wrong. Even the trailer was way to short. There is something they are trying to hide. But you can only hide the game for so long, someone always sneak out a early copy of the game
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »