Home

Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

This is a discussion on Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #25
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Only 2 1/2 Weeks to EA Access and No Gameplay... Concerned?

No I'm not concerned. Ea play was free to the public. No one reported any terrible bugs and that was an old build compared to now. I used to get games all the time with no gameplay video. Tecmo Super Bowl was one. It's nice to have video but, it's not something they have to do. By August 18th there will be plenty. That gives everyone a week to decide if they want to buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
This type of marketing campaign is unprecedented. In my opinion it's opened the door to more pre-release negativity than I've ever seen for any release of Madden. People are right to be concerned and it leads people to believe that they're just taking the Madden consumer for granted. "They'll just buy it anyway", kind of attitude.
Yup and I bet there doing it on purpose, hoping it will help with the negativity, but it's not.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #27
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

SGO on Youtube just put a video up yesterday asking what we want to see specifically. uniforms, specific players, stadiums, formations etc. I assume this is because he has been notified by EA that its time to come down for the gamechanger/YT'er capture event, hopefully we will have something soon. This has been an epic failure on the Madden marketing decision makers in one respect, in another, I dont think it will harm the games sales 1 bit, people will buy the hell out of it and marketing knows it.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 07-30-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #28
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
SGO on Youtube just put a video up yesterday asking what we want to see specifically. uniforms, specific players, stadiums, formations etc. I assume this is because he has been notified by EA that its time to come down for the gamechanger/YT'er capture event, hopefully we will have something soon. This has been an epic failure on the Madden marketing decision makers in one respect, in another, I dont think it will harm the games sales 1 bit, people will buy the hell out of it and marketing knows it.

It will be bought but you know what might happen? Negative reviews, especially if reviewers do their work and realise that the over-hyped Longshot doesn't even include playing full games of NFL football. And if there's one thing that EA DO pay attention to, it's their metacritic score.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:48 PM   #29
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
It will be bought but you know what might happen? Negative reviews, especially if reviewers do their work and realise that the over-hyped Longshot doesn't even include playing full games of NFL football. And if there's one thing that EA DO pay attention to, it's their metacritic score.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #30
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

It is what it is at this point. Not sure what angle EA was going, but I agree with the above post. It won't effect sales in the end.

In 2 days it will be August and and in two weeks EA access will be out. So it is what it is and EA def did nothing to hype up this game this year. Thank god for Rex, Clint and Kane or else we would be in the dark as far as information.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #31
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm not concerned at all. I've enjoyed playing the past few Maddens so this iteration shouldn't be any different. We'll definitely see some footage before release. You can always wait to buy before you see the game in action (especially if you go digital, it's not like the game is going anywhere). I don't know why they haven't shown much up to this point, but I'll rely on the opinions from guys like SimFBallCritic and such as comfort.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #32
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Im not concerned about the gameplay, I think its going to be the best gameplay of any Madden if all the improvements they made work as describe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »