Home

Best buy

This is a discussion on Best buy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 06:25 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Best buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I get it that people want to stick it to Madden this year for their own personal reasons, not much has changed in the last decade in regards to that.

Looking from a management perspective that releases the purse strings for certain resources inside any business, can anyone explain to me if there are lost sales for a company and one area of the game is lacking, how does that one area become more compensated/upgraded if sales are down?

Does that make any business sense? Wouldn't Rex/Clint have a more of a uphill battle if people ignore CFM totally and there is less of a profit coming in? ie, sticking it to them mentality.

I get the personal angst part of it, but not the other side of the business angle to it.
If I decide not to buy it this year it will be because of the lack of cfm additions. The only way they're getting me back is to produce a game where cfm gets the attention that I want to see it receive. If they decide to further ignore cfm because sales are down they're just going to further hurt their sales unless they pour their resources in to other modes that bring in new buyers. It's a lot easier to keep a customer than find a new one
Old 07-31-2017, 06:35 PM   #10
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
he is correct, its normally not available until 1-2 weeks before launch.

While i normally would do this deal, i have decided , id rather pay a person and extra 25$ , than give EA another sale to inflate their numbers, or give them 1 cent of my money for madden again until they decide to do more for CFM.

I can wait 5-7 days until after launch to play the game. I will just buy it from someone on ebay used and vote with my wallet this year. ive had it with all the lip service from them. I encourage anyone and everyone i talk to,who feels the same way , to do the same thing. Otherwise, unless they see their sales numbers going down, they are not going to really put into CFM ( the most played mode by the way) what they could and should be doing for it now.Its worth the extra 25$ out of my pocket for EA to not see another sale number and profit.

That's a nice thought but your money goes into EA's pockets either way. The only way to really vote with your wallet is to not buy the game.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 07-31-2017, 06:37 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
he is correct, its normally not available until 1-2 weeks before launch.

While i normally would do this deal, i have decided , id rather pay a person and extra 25$ , than give EA another sale to inflate their numbers, or give them 1 cent of my money for madden again until they decide to do more for CFM.

I can wait 5-7 days until after launch to play the game. I will just buy it from someone on ebay used and vote with my wallet this year. ive had it with all the lip service from them. I encourage anyone and everyone i talk to,who feels the same way , to do the same thing. Otherwise, unless they see their sales numbers going down, they are not going to really put into CFM ( the most played mode by the way) what they could and should be doing for it now.Its worth the extra 25$ out of my pocket for EA to not see another sale number and profit.
But EA gets the sale from the person you'll be buying the game from. The only thing you're doing is saying...hey, if you're on the fence about Madden, buy the game and if you don't like it I'll buy it from you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 06:40 PM   #12
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I get it that people want to stick it to Madden this year for their own personal reasons, not much has changed in the last decade in regards to that.

Looking from a management perspective that releases the purse strings for certain resources inside any business, can anyone explain to me if there are lost sales for a company and one area of the game is lacking, how does that one area become more compensated/upgraded if sales are down?

Does that make any business sense? Wouldn't Rex/Clint have a more of a uphill battle if people ignore CFM totally and there is less of a profit coming in? ie, sticking it to them mentality.

I get the personal angst part of it, but not the other side of the business angle to it.
Ok, so here is what i dont get. On one hand they say in madden 16, CFM needs to be played more ( thus why trying to bring in casuals and making casual features for it), be more vocal about how important CFM is in order for suits to see it as a priority, numerous did. They spent " the most ever " on CFM for 17 which was basically numerous UI changes. We have a "100% uptick" in CFM use for 17 . So this year, just basically leave it out to dry ...... so which is it? we need people to use CFM more, or less? Because its all double speak to me . Seems no matter what happens, they can find a reason to keep it on a snail pace at best. Most played mode, still cant find the funds, even thought they profit millions per month off MUT.

This is a matter of principle to me, and im not giving them another cent. Seems even when i do, CFM is just an afterthought anyway. Ive heard all the lip service i need to hear.Its always , "wait" . Want my money again? Show me the care the mode deserves because its the mode played mode in the game.Which means it sales more copies of madden than other modes , which = $ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Why get it at all then?
Because i run a long running Online CFM, where i have made alot of friends . I am very displeased with how little they do for CFM. As is all the guys in my league and quite frankly every single commish of an online league ive talked to ( which is quite a few) . Last i checked, this is the ONLY NFL game we have an option to play on current generation consoles. We are not all going to spend money on a past gen console just to play a game. So to me , its the best option i know of . Stop giving them money. Stop giving them more sales to brag on. Its kinda a position many are in when there is a monopoly in place . Im just trying to find a way around giving them money and sales #'s since it seems to be the only language the suits understand.Because clearly all the money i and many others have been giving them over the years , they cant afford to do better for CFM, so time try something else.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-31-2017, 06:47 PM   #13
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
But EA gets the sale from the person you'll be buying the game from. The only thing you're doing is saying...hey, if you're on the fence about Madden, buy the game and if you don't like it I'll buy it from you
please do explain how EA gets a sale when i send the money to a person, not a company , not a retail store? I mean when i sell things on ebay , i dont send any money to the company who made the product and i dont think they get to count it as a sale either. Because when its used, it was already purchased , they already got that sale somewhere. Im just not adding another sale to their numbers and im not giving them a cent .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-31-2017, 06:49 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't tell people how to spend their money.

All I'm saying is if there are less sales this year and I'm someone that releases resources at Madden, less profits = less resources to pass around and less features to add the following year.

I agree with you , it hasn't worked the way you've been doing it over the years, time to change your luck.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #15
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
please do explain how EA gets a sale when i send the money to a person, not a company , not a retail store? I mean when i sell things on ebay , i dont send any money to the company who made the product and i dont think they get to count it as a sale either. Because when its used, it was already purchased , they already got that sale somewhere. Im just not adding another sale to their numbers and im not giving them a cent .

The reason those games pop up on ebay is because the resellers know there is demand. Many buy the games with that intent. Thus the game you buy is only purchased from EA with that intent. One way or another, the same cash goes into EA's pockets when someone buys the game. If you want to wait a while (more than 5-7 days, I'd bet) and buy a used game for a heavily discounted price, that's much more likely to be a true resale market from someone who is just finished with the game.

Market supply & demand are what dictate whether your money goes into EA's pockets, not to whom you're technically sending money.

Not saying to not do it, it's none of my business. Just saying you are not really voting with your wallet there.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 06:54 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
If I'm not sure that the game is worth buying, I know I can just buy it and play it for a week and then sell it to you or someone else on the secondary market. If that secondary market wasn't there, the person you buy the game from on ebay might not be so willing to buy the game. You're indirectly giving EA a sale.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »