Home

PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

This is a discussion on PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
On a different note, after playing the EA acces version on a 4k tv, and now the pS4Pro it is a huge uptick in graphical quality. So much better color and detail and it just feels more like you are there.

Having said that, I did notice a few things. While the resolution boost is great, when the camera pans around the stadium (First Energy in CLE) I still see terrible aliasing and flickering on the railings in the upper deck. It looks bad when everything else is rock solid. I know this is caused by the fine lines that the rails create and it would be hard to throw a lot of processing power at fixing this but I find it a bit distracting when everything else looks so real/solid. I see this in MLB the SHow at Progressive field on the fence above the left field wall as well when everything else in the game is rock solid. It is what it is I guess.

Also.....I noticed the frame rate dips during cut scenes like the tunnel entrances and sometime during celebrations. It doesn't seem to be able to hold 60 during some of these areas.

Finally....I have played 4 games and I have noticed 2 times the game has "hiccupped" while I am in the pocket about to pass. It just froze for about 1 second (literally) as I was about to pass, when it unfroze everything continued without issue and I was in the same exact spot so no time had passed for the players on the field. I don't remember seeing this in the 6-7 games on the Xbox One version.

Just my 2 cents. Loving the PS4PRO version overall though.
yep I notice a big bump up also....

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 05:37 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The only one you don't want to enable is the one if you have DirecTV 4K on it. Because it causes some issues with the DirecTV 4K box right now. Otherwise enable them all!!
What are the known issues? I have a DirecTV 4K box with it enabled (even though I guess there's no need) and haven't noticed anything except the audio drop every few minutes that's a known issue. Unless that's the reason for that issue of course lol.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #123
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOnKoBe
is this it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
yes

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
What are the known issues? I have a DirecTV 4K box with it enabled (even though I guess there's no need) and haven't noticed anything except the audio drop every few minutes that's a known issue. Unless that's the reason for that issue of course lol.
That's the exact (and only) reason for not enabling that. If you do enable it and don't suffer from that please do let me know because I've not done it in a long time. I'm not aware of them fixing that issue but perhaps by now they have.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #125
Rookie

gregballin24's Arena

OVR: 1

PS4 Pro for now...

I'll use my 10 hour trial from EA Access on Xbox One X when it drops and decide if I wanna get it on there going forward after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 12:49 AM   #126
Rookie

If I buy Madden on the Xbox One S right now, when I get the X will I have to buy Madden again for that system or is it the same disc for both consoles? Sorry if its been answered. I can't find it anywhere.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:02 AM   #127
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85ebennett
If I buy Madden on the Xbox One S right now, when I get the X will I have to buy Madden again for that system or is it the same disc for both consoles? Sorry if its been answered. I can't find it anywhere.
Same game for both xbox S and xbox X. You buy it once and can use it on either xbox. The xbox X will just look a lot better.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:16 AM   #128
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I know, that took two turns there, like an m.night shamalyn ending or something, LMAO
Yeah I had never seen that happened before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »