Home

PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

This is a discussion on PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #17
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Pro or Xbox One X for Madden

Just bought a 65in Vizio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision and cannot wait to see how it looks on my PS4 Pro. Hopefully I will not be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldsmobile19
Old 08-02-2017, 10:26 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

Why not both?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #19
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

LG B6 Oled, initially gonna get it for PS4 Pro and definitely buying the Xbox one X, so I'll grab 18 for that as well. Any body saying you can't tell the difference between 1080 and 4K is kidding themselves, on my PC I can tell a huge difference between 4K and 1440, can't wait to finally see Madden in 4K, anybody that's played NBA2k in 4K knows how amazing it looks. Madden is going to look insane
Old 08-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #20
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

There's a video floating around where don over 9000 asked Rex about graphical comparison to the Xbox one x and PS4 pro and he stated that it will look very similar. Rex also pointed out the graphical enhancements were still being done at the time of EA play for both Xbox one x and PS4pro.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #21
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Just bought an LG C7 which has both HDR and Dolby Vision, waiting on the XboxONE X. The XOX is more powerful but EA is not allowed to make one version look better than the other, so the PS Pro will be holding back Madden from looking its best.

Last edited by Americas Team; 08-03-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #22
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

PS4 Pro.......I'm still skeptical that the X will be significantly better graphically than the Pro. JMO

Old 08-03-2017, 09:37 AM   #23
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Going to get it for the Pro and will wait to see the difference if any once the One X is released, but I will get a One X on release.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 1
PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
LG B6 Oled, initially gonna get it for PS4 Pro and definitely buying the Xbox one X, so I'll grab 18 for that as well. Any body saying you can't tell the difference between 1080 and 4K is kidding themselves, on my PC I can tell a huge difference between 4K and 1440, can't wait to finally see Madden in 4K, anybody that's played NBA2k in 4K knows how amazing it looks. Madden is going to look insane

I think the "anyone...is kidding themselves" part was directed at me, but to the bolded part: sure! If you have a gaming rig or a PC capable of outputting real 4K, you can absolutely see it.

These consoles aren't that powerful though. It's not a knock on consoles, it's just the way it is. The Pro does not do true 4K, and I doubt the majority of games on the X1X will either. They'll upscale, they'll checkerboard, they'll hit certain marks - but it won't be real 4K. Again, it will be similar to the old 720p tv's vs 1080p tv's...both were considered HD, but only 1080p was "real" HD. The consoles just aren't there yet.

I could be wrong, but I think most gamers would prefer every game to be 1080p and consistent 60fps over simulated 4K and variable 30-60, often hitting 40, fps. Games run better with a consistent framerate, and imo that's more important than a slight bump in resolution that you will kinda see, but will be held back by less powerful hardware. The true visual upgrade for any game will be the inclusion of HDR. That's bigger than 4K, again, to me.

I wish Microsoft had gone for a better system upgrade than resolution. "Consistent 60fps" doesn't look as sexy on a box as "4K Gaming Is Here!" though, so what do I know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »