Home

PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

This is a discussion on PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
You know... until you mentioned this I could never put my finger on the difference. I have both systems but always felt "off" when playing madden on the PS4 vs the Xbox. I throw a lot more pics on PS4 and on defense felt like my reactions are delayed.
I feel the same about Xbox One. PS4 controls better IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've always preferred the Xbox controller over the PS4 controller. To each their own. Madden looks great on the Xbox and I'm sure it'll look better in 4K on the Pro and 1X.

Quick question though, does the game run at 60 FPS on all consoles?
Old 08-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
I've always preferred the Xbox controller over the PS4 controller. To each their own. Madden looks great on the Xbox and I'm sure it'll look better in 4K on the Pro and 1X.

Quick question though, does the game run at 60 FPS on all consoles?
yes 60 on all

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #68
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Honestly

FPS > 4K

IMO
Old 08-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #69
Rookie

I have a base PS4 and I preordered the One X. Xbox is my console of choice for 3rd party games. The controller feels better.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #70
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

It really depends on if the Devs take advantage of the extra 4GB of Ram in the Xbox X and use 4k textures. PS Pro in most games, can not feed 4k textures as the memory is still 8GB. Xbox x is 12GB.

I'm not talking 4k rendering resolution, they both will be that, in some form or another. I'm taking about the actual textures on the game images of player, skin, jerseys etc.

The Xbox in all games has the ability to use these higher res textures and make 4k look even sharper.

It takes more space and will have to have these assets downloaded to your game and they take up significant space but they could make quite a difference in image quality.

Microsoft will be providing a way to download 4k textures (assets) in advance of release in November to your console external HDD or home computer network to add to your game when the system comes.

So will EA do that? I guess we will see.
Not to mention the amount of speed that the GPU is increased over Pro is also significant.

Last edited by Klocker; 08-21-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
It really depends on if the Devs take advantage of the extra 4GB of Ram in the Xbox X and use 4k textures. PS Pro in most games, can not feed 4k textures as the memory is still 8GB. Xbox x is 12GB.

I'm not talking 4k rendering resolution, they both will be that, in some form or another. I'm taking about the actual textures on the game images of player, skin, jerseys etc.

The Xbox in all games has the ability to use these higher res textures and make 4k look even sharper.

It takes more space and will have to have these assets downloaded to your game and they take up significant space but they could make quite a difference in image quality.

Microsoft will be providing a way to download 4k textures (assets) in advance of release in November to your console external HDD or home computer network to add to your game when the system comes.

So will EA do that? I guess we will see.
Not to mention the amount of speed that the GPU is increased over Pro is also significant.
EA will not develop specifically for the Xbox One X. They will simply make a regular version of the game and an upgraded version for the Pro/X.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #72
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
EA will not develop specifically for the Xbox One X. They will simply make a regular version of the game and an upgraded version for the Pro/X.
True. But most games are developed with the higher resolution textures already. It is not a matter of developing specifically for X it is a matter of just allowing those assets to be used.

Most of the "Xbox enhanced" games will be using higher res textures because the Xbox easily can utilize them with the extra Ram.

It's a no brainer it really comes down to if they will.

It's not like it's a night and day difference but the textures are sharper, it's the main reason the Xbox X has 12GB RAM. For the 4k texture packs to be used.

So I think when Digital Foundry does their comparisons of games we will see the difference in those textures.

Whether you can see the difference on your TV will depend largely on your set up, how far away you sit and the quality of your TV etc

So, it is not necessary to develop for the X to use those assets but if they do use them, some of us will see the difference using the Xbox X

Last edited by Klocker; 08-22-2017 at 02:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »