Home

Please make all pro more challenging!

This is a discussion on Please make all pro more challenging! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Please make all pro more challenging!

I hate the fact that every year they say all-pro is challeging but then u get used to the game and it becomes too easy,so I have to move to all-madden.The problem with that is all-madden cheats and all teams have unrealistic blitzes every other down ect.. The game becomes boring after that and I end up shelving the game for basketball,hell EA should take note even on (NBA2K)their easy levels are challenging,the only level that should only be easy is on rookie and anything after should be super challenging.I feel should make one more level behind all-madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Please make all pro more challenging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I hate the fact that every year they say all-pro is challeging but then u get used to the game and it becomes too easy,so I have to move to all-madden.The problem with that is all-madden cheats and all teams have unrealistic blitzes every other down ect.. The game becomes boring after that and I end up shelving the game for basketball,hell EA should take note even on (NBA2K)their easy levels are challenging,the only level that should only be easy is on rookie and anything after should be super challenging.I feel should make one more level behind all-madden.
I'm a bit confused. It's like you want the game more of a challenge cause one difficulty setting is too easy but when you change the difficulty, the cpu is cheating.

What about sliders? Like, what kind of difficulty are you looking for exactly?
Old 08-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm a bit confused. It's like you want the game more of a challenge cause one difficulty setting is too easy but when you change the difficulty, the cpu is cheating.

Make the cpu running&passing game more harder to stop,better ai defense&offense calling for example,If the cpu has a dominating rated defense then it should be challenging to score,if the cpu has a power high scoring offense it should be hard to stop not cheat on All madden and sliders doesnt fix that.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Make the cpu running&passing game more harder to stop,better ai defense&offense calling for example,If the cpu has a dominating rated defense then it should be challenging to score,if the cpu has a power high scoring offense it should be hard to stop not cheat on All madden and sliders doesnt fix that.
Based on the information shared so far, if you play on simulation mode, you should get what you are asking for.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Set it to All Pro and then adjust sliders. There are a few good slider sets out there that make the game more of a challenge but stay within realism.

I HIGHLY recommend JoshC's slider set. Make sure you read his slider thread as he explains why he sets the sliders the way he does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Sliders are how we cope with OPs problem.

Adjusting sliders has a material adverse impact on tuning since the game is tuned on/for all pro (default sliders).

It would be nice if they ditched "rookie" and only had 3 difficulty settings. Maybe this will also prevent all madden from being CPU god mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Set it to All Pro and then adjust sliders. There are a few good slider sets out there that make the game more of a challenge but stay within realism.

I HIGHLY recommend JoshC's slider set. Make sure you read his slider thread as he explains why he sets the sliders the way he does.
To be honest in my experience that isn't enough.

One problem with All Pro that I don't think sliders fixes is that the CPU doesn't seem to disguise coverages and blitzes the same way it does on All Madden.

Another problem is that the user'd player gets a ratings (or dice roll) boost, which makes the game less challenging (this may not be a problem in Madden 18).

To be honest, no one uses Pro anymore (well, few people), so why not up it's difficulty so those currently using default All Pro can move down a rank so people can play a challenging but realistic game, while those who want ultra cheese challenge can still get it on All Madden? I agree with the OP and then some: I think All Pro should be harder, and Pro should be harder, and those Rookie should be left alone (or whatever it's called now).

As for both All Pro and All Madden, I would love the AI to be tweaked so that your fast WRs aren't put into single press coverage by slow cornerbacks, and things of that nature, but that's a different topic.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, it's going to come down to 3 core issues:

1. CPU QB AI- will the CPU QB recognize mismatches, challenge the defense with more intermediate and deep throws and be able to be composed against and reasonably escape from quick pressure.

2. CPU Play calling- Can the CPU use all of their playbook on offense, playing to the strength of their personnel, while at the same time not being too predictable. On defense can the CPU call plays to protect their weaker players in coverage, and recognize when it is the proper situation for pressing, all out blitzing, and using cover zero.

3. CPU adaptability- How quickly, if at all, can the CPU adjust to repetitive and/or overly effective User tactics.

Some of these things can of course be ameliorated with sliders and other machinations, i.e., swapping out CPU playbooks, but a lot of this is outside of the Users control.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »