Home

Discussing Longshot Story Mode And New Passing Mechanics With A ‘Madden 18’ Producer

This is a discussion on Discussing Longshot Story Mode And New Passing Mechanics With A ‘Madden 18’ Producer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #25
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Discussing Longshot Story Mode And New Passing Mechanics With A ‘Madden 18’ Produ

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's extremely frustrating for EA to even say that publicly. It's almost like they're trying to rub it in to people that love franchise mode. What's worse is it's during a year where they did nothing to improve CFM.
After a year that was "the biggest improvement to cfm ever" and was basically a practice squad and draft board
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #26
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Discussing Longshot Story Mode And New Passing Mechanics With A ‘Madden 18’ Produ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Road I just hope they didn't just add plays..but also revamped the "star" playcalling system for the CPU.

I'd be willing to bet that's all they did. Every time I've heard them talk about the playbooks it's been in an online/competitive sense in that people should be more willing to try different playbooks instead of all gravitating to one. I haven't heard anything about AI changing but maybe it's part of the CFM blog.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:55 PM   #27
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'd be willing to bet that's all they did. Every time I've heard them talk about the playbooks it's been in an online/competitive sense in that people should be more willing to try different playbooks instead of all gravitating to one. I haven't heard anything about AI changing but maybe it's part of the CFM blog.

DD I'm sorry to say but I agree..hope I'm wrong but not holding my breath..also concerned they haven't touched D books..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #28
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I can't even begin to wrap my mind around this.

Are they that clueless?

In all honesty, what is so much deeper about their franchise than NFL2k or even Madden 06?!

What has madden added in the last 10 years that would classify them as "better, deeper, richer"???

If this is how they truly feel, then franchise is a lost cause.

Additionally I find it very insulting that they don't value the input of people who have been playing madden for 20+ years. They would much rather appeal to a new fan than make an old fan happy, because in the end, they know they are going to get money from the guy who has played it every year for the last 20 years.

This article just summarize why EA was voted the worst company for years.

: :

I think what's worse and/or more annoying is that if they did blow out CFM and make it great, I truly believe they would get more consumers in the form of:

1. The rest of the football community that refuses to buy madden at this point because of bad CFM. These are the people playing NBA 2k instead. But, they really WANT to play FOOTBALL!!

2. Casuals, newbies. While, marketing, or whoever seems to think they need these gimmicky things to pull people in, I actually think if they had a great CFM with great replay value, that word of mouth would spread, and I think u would get some casuals that maybe dig sports, but don't love it, but they here their friends say stuff like, 'oh man. When u win your first super bowl. It's AWESOME!!! And, if u go undefeated, this happens, or that happens. And, it's got crib mode,' etc, etc. This group of people might be NBA people who normally don't play football, but, again, they hear this word of mouth, and they go out and buy.

At the end of the day, any video game should have some vision and some core fan base. While, no game company wants to 'exclude' anybody, they should also 'embrace' their core commmunity. In the case of sports, period, it's the CFM. Every hardcore football guy dreams of owning his own team, or coaching, or being the QB, I mean, hell, u really do all of that with CFM!!!

And, I mean, it's there in the 2k blog post as well, it's the vision. The vision madden should have towards its gamers. Make them/us happy, and I also think they will pull in other gamers.

'If u build it. They will come.'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #29
Banned

Brightline's Arena

"The ability to do that was in Madden 06, I think. It seems like you’re constantly trying to evolve and push boundaries, but also you have millions of fans that want you to be stuck in the past and do everything that used to be there, so I can only imagine how difficult it is to develop a game like this."

This.

Is.

Gross.

Touched on here before but another example of how websites have to act to get access.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #30
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
2. Casuals, newbies. While, marketing, or whoever seems to think they need these gimmicky things to pull people in, I actually think if they had a great CFM with great replay value, that word of mouth would spread, and I think u would get some casuals that maybe dig sports, but don't love it, but they here their friends say stuff like, 'oh man. When u win your first super bowl. It's AWESOME!!! And, if u go undefeated, this happens, or that happens. And, it's got crib mode,' etc, etc. This group of people might be NBA people who normally don't play football, but, again, they hear this word of mouth, and they go out and buy.
I'm going to speak to my own experience....

I pretty much lost all interest in the NBA in the mid-90s. I love sports gaming, but my interest in basketball now is next to nil. But, I heard all of the praises of how "awesome" the 2k franchise mode was. So, in one of those weak moments, I bought 2k16....started a franchise. It was so involved, so many settings, so many screens of needless tasks (seriously, I have to worry about player personalities and their virtual egos?), so many side activities to deal with between games, it was daunting even for someone who has a strong fundamental grasp of coach/GM roles within all of the sports. It was a total turn-off and after a couple of games and as I have zero interest in online stuff, I freed-up some HD space by deleting it (and never touched it again). 2k got my money once, but will not again. I had far more fun playing the comparatively bare-bones franchise mode in FIFA (a game I know even less about than basketball) as it was much more accessible and straightforward. I've become a fan of the game as a result.

I am all for a truly robust franchise mode in Madden....I am just not sure that I agree that it is a great way of drawing-in casuals.

Just one man's opinion....
Old 08-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #31
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
Franchise isn't bringing in 800 mill, so franchise gets the boot. This is honestly despicable that a large portion of their base is treated as such.

This happens all the time within their franchise mode. They take something out years ago and reintroduce it as a new feature to the game. Joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem now is we're still waiting on a lot of those old features to be reintroduced.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »