Home

@Equipment_Guru, ratings bias, and reddit

This is a discussion on @Equipment_Guru, ratings bias, and reddit within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #17
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: @Equipment_Guru, ratings bias, and reddit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
No. Posting a photo of a woman to criticize and mock her looks is a bad thing. Don't try to diminish it.

Agreed. They were reaching on this one.

Nope. You are a professional representing a company on social media. They are fools. You need to be above it.

Good sign that you are addressing this here and not going underground though. I do give you credit for that.
I'll take the heat for the first one, I posted it about 3 years ago before I had my current position. It is what it is, gotta move on, my comment is basically in the grand scheme of it, if that's what you're using to call me a bad person then I'd say I've been pretty clean.

I try to be above most of the really hateful stuff, I try to respond to guys though because I've seen many times before where someone comes off saying super super mean and hateful stuff but then a week later we're cool and I'm answering questions about the game for them.

Like I said though the guy who wrote the article on twitter got really upset with me and I wasn't going to deal with him so I ended up blocking him so he decided he needed to write an article with intentions of trying to take me down.

It is what it is, he can vent however he pleases I guess, it's the internet after all.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #18
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Unfortunately for us online guys, that isn't an option.
The what is the option as far as ratings? Even if the ratings get changed to fit one person's opinion, it is going to greatly clash with the opinion of 100 other people. There is no way possible to get ratings done in a video game to appease people......its purely subjective and there really is no way around it. It's an impossible job IMO

Old 08-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #19
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
lol, virtue signaling. How's that moral high ground treating you?
He's right though?
Old 08-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #20
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
The what is the option as far as ratings? Even if the ratings get changed to fit one person's opinion, it is going to greatly clash with the opinion of 100 other people. There is no way possible to get ratings done in a video game to appease people......its purely subjective and there really is no way around it. It's an impossible job IMO
I always thought it would be nice to kind of do away with ratings and a tier system with abilities or "badges" assigned to the player...

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #21
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
The every day struggle of my job, it's real out here. Can't please everyone and you never will, Donny got a lot of mean hate too unfortunately.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #22
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Generally speaking, this topic feeds into my confusion on why people affiliated with Madden feel compelled to defend it and often end up being defensive about it. I get that human beings work on this game, just like human beings play this game, we are all human beings and equal in that regard, what I don't get is when those affiliated with the product lose perspective.

Even if gamers/critics try to make it personal and be offensive, it's up to the other person to actually be offended or not and to engage. I'm not judging because I don't work on Madden and can't say for certain how I would react but as an observer it seems this stuff could be greatly diminished by not taking it so personal. Even personal attacks, coming from people that don't know you personally and that stem from issues with the product, don't merit response.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

We're not putting people on the stand here at OS especially for things they say away from OS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »