Home

Hypothetical CFM Blog

This is a discussion on Hypothetical CFM Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Hypothetical CFM Blog

How do you react if the CFM blog says some version of: We didn't make many CFM changes this year and while we are proud of x,y, and z, this mode is not where it needs to be and we have heard of you loud and clear. We are focused on improving CFM going forward.

Maybe there is a reference to some DLC, maybe to M19. But the gist is, nothing new this year but we are focused on the issue now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Hypothetical CFM Blog

Pissed off, but still buy it because it's the only NFL game
Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
How do you react if the CFM blog says some version of: We didn't make many CFM changes this year and while we are proud of x,y, and z, this mode is not where it needs to be and we have heard of you loud and clear. We are focused on improving CFM going forward.

Maybe there is a reference to some DLC, maybe to M19. But the gist is, nothing new this year but we are focused on the issue now.
I have trust issues with EA. Madden especially. If they say they have a plan for the future to address it, then I will just roll my eyes and say "Here we go... AGAIN."

If they lay out their plan and tell us what route they are going to take like add old features, add more customization, or even tell us what features they want to add, I will be happy with that.

But I have been on these forums and played madden long enough to know that that will not happen.

They are going to over glorify features that you aren't even franchise features (DB Match-ups, sim style football, QB Cone, or any other gameplay feature they can play off as franchise."

Then it will end with how they are partnering up with NBA Live, so they have just one more excuse as to why they can't add any other features to franchise mode. However, they have a 3-5 year plan to make CFM great.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

TBH, I am going to buy used either way.

I have been a PC game for 10 years and have been playing madden 08 for the past couple years.

PS4 has piqued my interest with too many exclusives to the point that I can no longer sit on the sidelines. I will be waiting for the next PS4 pro sale before I buy but as long as 18 is not worse than 17 I will be buying.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I have trust issues with EA. Madden especially. If they say they have a plan for the future to address it, then I will just roll my eyes and say "Here we go... AGAIN."

If they lay out their plan and tell us what route they are going to take like add old features, add more customization, or even tell us what features they want to add, I will be happy with that.

But I have been on these forums and played madden long enough to know that that will not happen.

They are going to over glorify features that you aren't even franchise features (DB Match-ups, sim style football, QB Cone, or any other gameplay feature they can play off as franchise."

Then it will end with how they are partnering up with NBA Live, so they have just one more excuse as to why they can't add any other features to franchise mode. However, they have a 3-5 year plan to make CFM great.
This would be a bad move. Better to have no blog at all (which may be where we are headed) than to try to sell gameplay improvements as CFM improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

QB cone that doesn't take ratings into consideration so is opposed to sim style gameplay.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #7
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

It'd be tough. On one hand I'd like it because it's what I want to hear but at the same time unless they talk about a specific plan and features they're looking to implement it won't really mean anything to me. This is pretty much what they did after 16 and it turned out like it did. I'm not confident at all in the fact that even if they said they were focusing hard on CFM moving forward that what I wanted and what they thought I wanted would even be in the same ballpark.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It'd be tough. On one hand I'd like it because it's what I want to hear but at the same time unless they talk about a specific plan and features they're looking to implement it won't really mean anything to me. This is pretty much what they did after 16 and it turned out like it did. I'm not confident at all in the fact that even if they said they were focusing hard on CFM moving forward that what I wanted and what they thought I wanted would even be in the same ballpark.
Oh yes. When we first learned M17 "focused on CFM" i dont think anyone could even imagined what we ended up even as realistic worst case scenario.

The thing that really kills me is they market M17 a being focused on CFM. Then pivot to explain that that they had to fix the foundation so they can build on top of something solid going forward..... AND THEN DO NO BUILDING IN 18. Its really insulting.

But that all being said. I have a sliver of optimism that the 2K blog may have forced their hand.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »