Home

Sounds of the Game

This is a discussion on Sounds of the Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #9
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sounds of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19
Maybe since they say they brought the "true" hit stick back, collisions and tackles will have sound this year....hope so at least.
Doubtful - if I recall the reason they don't have the sounds in is because the NFL specifically requested that they don't with all the CTE stuff.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Doubtful - if I recall the reason they don't have the sounds in is because the NFL specifically requested that they don't with all the CTE stuff.
Yup. Same reason your 3-12 home team being down by 24 in the 4th will still have a full stadium jumping up and down and cheering with ridiculous intensity.

There's a lot to point fingers at towards the Devs, but for a lot of things they are completely hampered by the Goodell/NFL "protect the shield" propaganda machine.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #11
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

So u guys are saying that the sound FX from a real game are not transmitted trough Madden because "they" dont want the game to mimic a real game due to money?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #12
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
So u guys are saying that the sound FX from a real game are not transmitted trough Madden because "they" dont want the game to mimic a real game due to money?

Not due to money - due to image issues. They don't want the NFL to be portrayed as a violent sport. One easy way to do that is make running backs fall over upon contact, remove helmets clanking against one another as well.

They for whatever reason want the game to look and play as clean as possible. That's why you'll rarely see someone get shoulder trucked anymore either.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

The sounds are terrible. Turn off the announcers and play a full game on 5 minute quarters. Then turn all the other sounds up to 100. The sounds are severely lacking. Forget about the on-field sounds. The crowd, stadium announcer, music and other ambient noise is either way off or way too quiet. I don't see how you can blame the NFL for that.

And when you turn on the announcers, things don't get much better. Especially with 2 seconds left in the half the announcer is going on about "let's see what kind of drive they can put together here. They've got good field position after the kickoff return." 2 seconds to go in the half and the ball at their own 30 and the announcers are talking like the first quarter just started.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Not due to money - due to image issues. They don't want the NFL to be portrayed as a violent sport. One easy way to do that is make running backs fall over upon contact, remove helmets clanking against one another as well.

They for whatever reason want the game to look and play as clean as possible. That's why you'll rarely see someone get shoulder trucked anymore either.
I think you're exactly right. I remember a few years back that explanation being given. It really is a shame. It makes it impossible to truly become immersed into the gameplay. With how good of a job they do with the visuals it's just lame when you lay a big hit on someone and there's no collision sound.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:37 AM   #15
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

Quote:
Interesting I did not know any of this. I guess it makes sense

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldsmobile19
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #16
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

This is prob why we dont see the facemask animation anymore or the ball carrier shaking the cob webs out when he gets rocked hard. Didnt they used to have the helicopter tackle at one point?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »