Home

Strength Rating

This is a discussion on Strength Rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Strength Rating

How or what does strength rating do for a player in 17.

I know the obvious is it makes them stronger the higher the number.

but how does it translate on the feild? A RB with 88 or a DL with 92 or a OL with 92...Does it allow them to perform their special moves better? if so then why have a high number for specail moves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Strength Rating

Strength as far as I knew will help Defensive players with power moves and block shedding. Offensive lineman with holding those blocks and ball carriers with trucking and stiff arm I think but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorxiii
Strength as far as I knew will help Defensive players with power moves and block shedding. Offensive lineman with holding those blocks and ball carriers with trucking and stiff arm I think but I could be wrong

That does make sense....just always wondered why we have so many ratings. Seems like some are usless so why include them...IE...throwing accuatcey for DL and what not....Do u know what elusive rating is for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Elusive rating is for the running backs wide receivers. Ties with agility to make the moves shush as juke, spin and stutter step better... the reason madden includes all these is because it’s easy to edit all players with one set of attributes then fine tune per position.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorxiii
Elusive rating is for the running backs wide receivers. Ties with agility to make the moves shush as juke, spin and stutter step better... the reason madden includes all these is because it’s easy to edit all players with one set of attributes then fine tune per position.

The Elusiveness rating is leaned more towards how effective you are at making a defender "miss" his tackle. Much like the Break Tackle (BTK) attribute is geared for Bruiser (Trucking) RBs/TEs/FBs for plowing through tackle attempts, Elusiveness is basically the rating that determines avoiding tackle attempts for your smaller "Scat-Back" RBs & WRs.

As for finding evidence as to how the STR rating is demonstrated on the field, I have no satisfying answer.

Last edited by Sucram7777; 08-05-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I know of two (there are more, these are just the ones I know of); in Madden 18, it will effect tackling while engaged, and it applies to QBs trying to throw while being tackled. How, exactly, I'm not sure.

Many moons ago (XBox/PS2 versions) it had a lot of uses, but like AWR it's been slowly supplanted by newer ratings. I know it had to do with how much "push" a linemen got in the run game, but observing the game now I don't think "push" is even really a thing anymore.

I'm pretty sure it prevents a defensive player from being pancaked, but that's just observation, I don't actually know.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #7
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Hopefully this is something they'll cover in the ratings blog they're supposed to release. It'd be nice to know what each rating affected for different positions. I wonder if it might be something that they end up including in the CFM blog considering it's importance there.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #8
Rookie

I've heard STR being called a "modifier" several times by EA Devs. It's apparently factored into a number of 'dice roll' scenarios. Like if a 95 RBK goes against a 95 BSH, the higher STR player will be 'modified' to win more often. I guess anyway. It's used in things like open field blocking too. Like Deuce said, with any luck the ratings 'bible' we're supposed to get this year will finally give us some concrete insight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »