Home

Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top Safeties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top Safeties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top Safeties

At this point, 20 days removed from release, I don't really care about ratings. I just want to see gameplay video's. See if the ramped up the presentation, if the field looks as good as fifa's, how snow and rain looks, etc.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #10
MVP

tru11's Arena

wasent weddle graded as the best safety last season?
Old 08-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #11
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top Safeties

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Sorry but Kam Chancellor missed 5 games last year, 6 games the year before, had mediocre stats as well and is still considered one of the top safeties.

I'm not a Cards fan, I'm a Patriots fan, but Mathieu has earned his status and should be top 5. My opinion. The fact that he's not even listed in practically the top 10 is downright insulting.

Earl Thomas missed 5 games last year too. Had only 24 tackles, 2 picks the whole year.

Mathieu had 80 SOLO TACKLES and 5 ints the year before and because he got injured, now he's not even a top safety now?
Safety isn't really a position that's quantified by stats. A lot of scouts will tell you that it's the toughest position to evaluate because they are so often so far away from the ball.

Earl Thomas for example, is irreplaceable in that Seattle defense just because of the nature of a single high defense and where it's weaknesses are. He erases those weaknesses in the seams because of his range. The number you look at there is how that pass defense struggled when he went down.

Similar deal with Kam in a different way. Seattle essentially has 4 linebackers on the field when they are in base with him. I have never seen a safety at the pro level be used in the run game like he is. At 225lbs. He takes on pulling guards... and wins.

Just looking at the names on that list, all of them have great versatility. Mathieu is like a swiss army knife in that scheme. I'd have his name on that list somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #12
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Madden NFL 18 Player Ratings - Top Safeties

Harrison Smith should at least be on par with ET3 and Berry, IMO. That screenshot of Kam is really nice though. Facemask looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »