Home

Rushing Stats

This is a discussion on Rushing Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #1
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1
Rushing Stats

For you "sim" style guys, what is your take on individual player rushing stats within a CFM?

If you have one guy rushing nearly 400 times and hitting 2000+ yards and 20+ touchdowns every season, do you toughen the sliders to stop that? Or do you let it go and let the rushing totals keep stacking up and allow them to continue to be out of control?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Rushing Stats

400 carries every season? That is out of the realm of sim IMO (I hope that means 'in my opinion'). Repeatedly using the same player may mean the fatigue setting may need adjusting but that is dangerous and would impact everyone; I've used the stamina setting of individual backs, reduced for all, and around an 85 in, 78-83 out (depending on the team and back) to get more rotation of the halfbacks.

For YPG folks have worked on both the run blocking and tackling sliders. You may want to go into some of the slider threads to look at the setting and some of the game outcomes for the style you plan to play to find one that meets your needs, and then remember that you still may want to make your own tweaks to give you the experience you're hoping for.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Rushing Stats

Madden has yet to incorporate multi back systems, so every teams best back is their workhorse.

This is a problem that has bothered me for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

ig0easy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
400 carries every season? That is out of the realm of sim IMO (I hope that means 'in my opinion'). Repeatedly using the same player may mean the fatigue setting may need adjusting but that is dangerous and would impact everyone; I've used the stamina setting of individual backs, reduced for all, and around an 85 in, 78-83 out (depending on the team and back) to get more rotation of the halfbacks.

For YPG folks have worked on both the run blocking and tackling sliders. You may want to go into some of the slider threads to look at the setting and some of the game outcomes for the style you plan to play to find one that meets your needs, and then remember that you still may want to make your own tweaks to give you the experience you're hoping for.
We have a rule in our CFM league that no back can have more than 75% of a teams carries. Really helped us out.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

This is the type of thing an enhanced injury system would fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #6
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

My biggest problem is the rushing stats overall. My back usually has around 1200 yards with 270ish carries but everyone else is around 800 yards and 200 carries. I play 10 min quarters so that might be it but i wish they would normalize the stats to a 60 min game for cpu vs cpu.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, we do play 12 minute quarters. He's not doing anything unsim to get this run game established. He's just handing the rock to his stud running back. Mind you I believe his #1 back had 370 carries (2,053 yards - 24 touchdowns) and his back up running back (or #2) had 70 carries (230 yards - 3 touchdowns).

I don't think his split is too bad imo. I just thought it amazing he has hit 2,000 yards twice now. The next highest rusher behind him is at 1,600 yards.

With Blake Bortles as the quarterback, he's clearly not trying to pass the ball - and I don't blame him. It's just weird. Usually I have a very "hell yeah!" attitude for guys that pound the rock and really establish run games in Madden 18. This time though, I'm just astounded it happened 2 years in a row.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »