Home

Madden NFL 18: Reacting To What We Know

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18: Reacting To What We Know within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 18: Reacting To What We Know

So far, it seems like Madden 18 has a little something for everyone. This is most evident in...

Written By: Ben Vollmer

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm really hoping the QB accuracy changes get implemented correctly. *I'm sick of seeing sub-par QBs going 12-13 in a half etc. *Also if the passes are inaccurate please don't make them auto-picks every single time. *Just because a QB is inaccurate doesn't mean they should throw 5 picks every game.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 18: Reacting To What We Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
So far, it seems like Madden 18 has a little something for everyone.
Click here to view the article.
Well...
Old 08-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4

I can't react to anything about Madden 18 since I haven't seen solid gameplay footage.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
Rookie

I had faith in Rex and the team taking Madden forward, but graphics-, presentation-, atmosphere-wise it still is the same as Madden 15. I understand a lot of gamers/football fans are looking forward to whats under the hood, but I want my games to look good. Just see what Fifa does preaentation- and atmosphere-wise: different crowd chants, fifa 18 having 4 licensed league presentation packages, when I pauze I get to see replays of goals, etc etc. It has been made so slick looking, it really keeps me playing. Also all the stuff you can unlock from balls, to celebrations, to jerseys and shoes. It feels like a total package. Madden feels hollow in every department I just mention. Let alone all the weather and time options you can play in. The Madden def team seems clueless when it comes to brining all this stuff to the table. A medicore effort at best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
I had faith in Rex and the team taking Madden forward, but graphics-, presentation-, atmosphere-wise it still is the same as Madden 15. I understand a lot of gamers/football fans are looking forward to whats under the hood, but I want my games to look good. Just see what Fifa does preaentation- and atmosphere-wise: different crowd chants, fifa 18 having 4 licensed league presentation packages, when I pauze I get to see replays of goals, etc etc. It has been made so slick looking, it really keeps me playing. Also all the stuff you can unlock from balls, to celebrations, to jerseys and shoes. It feels like a total package. Madden feels hollow in every department I just mention. Let alone all the weather and time options you can play in. The Madden def team seems clueless when it comes to brining all this stuff to the table. A medicore effort at best.
We haven't even seen a game of Madden 18 yet. No one knows what the presentation may be like, or the atmosphere. The devs haven't mentioned anything big in those departments besides player run outs and fireworks but they could have definitely made some other improvements in those areas. This article is about reacting to what we know. It seems like you're reacting to what we don't even know yet.

(and you're the first I've seen whos knocking the graphics this year)
Old 08-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragor87
I'm really hoping the QB accuracy changes get implemented correctly. *I'm sick of seeing sub-par QBs going 12-13 in a half etc. *Also if the passes are inaccurate please don't make them auto-picks every single time. *Just because a QB is inaccurate doesn't mean they should throw 5 picks every game.
Yeah in madden 17 Cody Kessler, while on the browns team got stats like drew Bree's would get on a really good game
Old 08-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
I love how you use FIFA as the example... because PES presentation is awful in comparison... but it's by far the superior game.

GAMEPLAY >>> EVERYTHING.

It's why PES is better than FIFA. I'm very happy that Madden devs are looking to fix gameplay first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »