Home

My Idea for Revamped Progression in CFM!

This is a discussion on My Idea for Revamped Progression in CFM! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: My Idea for Revamped Progression in CFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
I dislike the RPG aspect in Madden and wish they would use the old way and just tweet it for realism. Progression/regression should work as it does in real life. Age, injury history, performance, and playing time should affect it.

I'd also like to see a happiness factor like The Show uses.
Thanks for reminding me that Madden is, afaik, the only major sports title that does not have some form of morale system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #26
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Thanks for reminding me that Madden is, afaik, the only major sports title that does not have some form of morale system.
Yeah a morale and role system needs to be implemented. As long as it is done correctly, not like in a couple 2Ks ago where every bench player complained. But there should absolutely be an option to assign roles such as backup qb, nickel cb, etc. that come with a certain amount of snap/depth chart expectations or something. This way free agency is more interesting also

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 08-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #27
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
In fairness to Madden, we do have confidence - what is that if not morale?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 08:10 PM   #28
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well said, too many times fans see success on the field as progression when in reality, some other variable caused it.

Sometimes it's the right system, sometimes it's the right quarterback, sometimes it's the right coaching.

I would very much rather have a dice roll over for progression over what happens on the field.

I hate to use Tom Brady as an example but he exemplifies a dice roll for progression. Terrell Davis is another example.

Ryan Leaf is another example, based on Maddens progression he would have turned out to be just fine. I would love to see some form of random progression.
Possibly one of the most insightful comments here.

A mechanic that caps a players progression (traits and corresponding physical attributes) based on how he aligns with coaches, playbook/style, etc would be one that best fits the idea of this being a team sport and a players performance/ progression/ efficiency tying directly to his system.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #29
Rookie

I wish Madden would adopt OOTP's rating and progression system. In fact, I wish they would just adopt their entire league setup/franchise mode.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #30
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarris09
I wish Madden would adopt OOTP's rating and progression system. In fact, I wish they would just adopt their entire league setup/franchise mode.
How does it work? I'm not familiar with it

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 08-08-2017, 11:31 PM   #31
Rookie

JDrama84's Arena

I have not read every single post in this thread, but my idea would be that players are given a progression/regression trait after every season. It can go up based on performance, or it could go down due to poor play. If you think about it, this makes sense. Players who play poorly Early in their careers, not only don't progress, but they also end up out of the league.

Another aspect that I think is missing from Maddenthat is related to progression is an injury trait. Players who enter the NFL without suffering any injuries should come in the An injury trait that gives them a chance to make it in the league. Some players however, come into the league with injury filled college careers. These players should be at a greater risk. And please don't tell me that the injury rating in Madden works. I had players with a low 80 rating survive the season without injury, but yet a player with a 95-99 inury rating going down with big injuries. I get it, any player can get hurt at anytime, but we all also know that some players are simply "injury prone" and this should be one of the traits. Just like Brett Fabre could earn the "iron man" trait or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited by JDrama84; 08-08-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #32
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
I have not read every single post in this thread, but my idea would be that players are given a progression/regression trait after every season. It can go up based on performance, or it could go down due to poor play. If you think about it, this makes sense. Players who play poorly Early in their careers, not only don't progress, but they also end up out of the league.

Another aspect that I think is missing from Maddenthat is related to progression is an injury trait. Players who enter the NFL without suffering any injuries should come in the An injury trait that gives them a chance to make it in the league. Some players however, come into the league with injury filled college careers. These players should be at a greater risk. And please don't tell me that the injury rating in Madden works. I had players with a low 80 rating survive the season without injury, but yet a player with a 95-99 inury rating going down with big injuries. I get it, any player can get hurt at anytime, but we all also know that some players are simply "injury prone" and this should be one of the traits. Just like Brett Fabre could earn the "iron man" trait or whatever you want to call it.
A progressive injury system has been high on my list of desires for Madden, it would dramatically increase immersion and create more of an identity for the players, rather than them just being an editable trading card. Look at guys like RGIII who were never the same after that first big injury - it changed how he could perform as a player if he didn't want to end up being carted off the field again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »