Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Graphics, Intros, Stadium Exteriors, Weather Effects (SFBC)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Graphics, Intros, Stadium Exteriors, Weather Effects (SFBC) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #25
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Graphics, Intros, Stadium Exteriors, Weather Effects (SFBC)

Yea the on field personnel is really embarrassing. I know it’s a lot to mo-cap tons of cameramen, chearleaders, broadcasters, etc. but these run outs (also the sidelines during in game) just look like they’re from ncaa football. And that was on last gen. With a less powerful engine. But we’re getting the same total of characters on field. Idk. And don’t get me started on the super bowl presentation.
I’ve been tired of madden not upgrading their presentation aspects for years and years. It’s quickly falling behind the standard of what it should be. And to make matters worse, presentation as a whole literally looks like a copy and paste from last year besides the lighting and player model details. It just doesn’t make sense to me with all this talk about frostbite, and all they did were those two improvements. No dynamic weather, no upgrades to the sideline, no cloth physics (SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?), and no visual improvement to crowds. If you want to be taken seriously with authenticity, take notes from nba 2k and mlb the show, cause they actually care how the game looks compared to real life.
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 01:00 AM   #26
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Graphics, Intros, Stadium Exteriors, Weather Effects (SFBC)

After looking at highlights of all the videos, it brings me right back to some things I had said the last couple of weeks. Madden stays same, with some features being here this year and gone the next.

I give this madden excellent lighting and player models as some have said, but evironmentally this game should have ecked out a few more minor details. It is because of this continuing trend that my madden days might be over. I am tired of this same cycle we have seen the last twelve years. A lot of OSers have reiterated the same things I mentioned as well that other developers do that the madden team just won't do. Why should be surprised it has been this since 06.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 08-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #27
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBULLY84
Its a Tiburon decision. Nothing to do with the NFL, they want to push the "EA" brand, thus no ESPN integration.
I find it hard to believe that after integrating NBC telecast in the NHL series, ESPN telecast in NBA Live and NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball (along with CBS telecast), EA would decide to not have ESPN integration or any TV broadcast style integration in Madden.

EA signed an agreement with ESPN in 2005 to license their network and personalities in their video games for the next 15 years. Why would they pay all that money for the license only to keep it out of Madden, especially after seeing all the success ESPN integration had in NFL 2k5?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #28
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

People are forgetting that this is year 1 of the switch to Frostbite. Take a look at FIFA and what they have done with the atmosphere in year 2 of Frostbite.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/sta...31076281929728
Old 08-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #29
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
People are forgetting that this is year 1 of the switch to Frostbite. Take a look at FIFA and what they have done with the atmosphere in year 2 of Frostbite.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/sta...31076281929728
It's always year 1 for Madden, lol

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Then why did the NCAA Football series integrate ESPN?
Has nothing to do with the NFL, just like the whole "tattoos are forbidden by the NFL" was a sham the entire time. that lasted almost 10 years.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

NBA Live is using ESPN, so, there might be a bit of truth to the NFL Network angle that a former developer hinted at several years ago.

From Adembroski, former Madden employee in a different thread today:

They can't. NFL wont let them use ESPN over NFLN, ESPN wont let them use NFLN over ESPN. Neither wants them to use both, and that's a bandwidth issue anyways.

Last edited by roadman; 08-11-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBULLY84
Has nothing to do with the NFL, just like the whole "tattoos are forbidden by the NFL" was a sham the entire time. that lasted almost 10 years.
NBA Live moves like Madden with the jerky animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »