Home

Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #41
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I cannot wait to get my hands on this; the neutral target passing looks awesome. Breaking out my first person shooter kontrol freeks for this....
Same here. If anything I'm simply glad EA Finally is trying a new passing mechanic.
Yeah there may be some exploits but I won't have that problem in SP (But will need to see in person and jury out on possible exploits online)
Basically I'm glad exploiters etc.. didn't squash getting something fresh.
It may be a bust but at least it's something new to try.
I loved Fevers system (It wasn't perfect but darn fun) so we'll see.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #42
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
If the receiver changes his route during the middle of his route--when his head isn't turned--it's a problem, but Brown's head was turned; he was looking back at Roethlisberger.

I'd consider it a problem if Brown didn't change his route in spite of seeing the path of the ball.
Agree... Hopefully any change in route has to be IF the WR is looking.
However there's so many other things to factor like the WR should have to re-gather himself on a drastic change and not just change direction on a dime etc..

There's potential for a great time but also for a disaster.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #43
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm just happy about being able to select primary receiver.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #44
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think the route changing means much. If I throw an in route when the call is an out my guy won't cutback in time. Plus this can be the closest thing I have to New England's offense, throw to a spot after a break like a built in option route. I think some of this fear is misplaced unless we get extreme warps which is possible
Old 08-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

Why does TCP have to take ratings out of the mix. Just because the target is there, the QB could still be off, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #46
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
In the realm of giving people mechanics to use vs others online it's a good move. Yes, in theory, a QB can throw a ball wherever they want to on the field. But now you just throw it to an area and the game automatically makes the closest person react to try and go catch the ball. That's it. That's all.

I had the opportunity to play some semi pro football and was a QB. Semi pro is nothing great so I'm not trying to say I'm amazing. This mechanic is so far from reality it baffles me.

I get it though...it's trying to create a "fun" factor. Cool. Have fun guys who use this. It's just another reason I won't play any random in this game. No desire to use this "fun" feature.
Well I just played the demo/EA Access if Madden and let me assure you that your fears of this being a exploit are extremely overstated.

It's VERY difficult to use, so like I said before, casuals are not going to use it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #47
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Well I just played the demo/EA Access if Madden and let me assure you that your fears of this being a exploit are extremely overstated.

It's VERY difficult to use, so like I said before, casuals are not going to use it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I want this to be the case and I hope that in a month the same tune is sung.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #48
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

I posted this in the impression thread but I feel like It belongs here instead:

I played about 2 hours, the one thing I really wanted to get my hands on was the new passing mechanic. I think it's flawed but the idea of it is awesome. I've been running the drill for it for like an hour trying to put it together.*

I've mentioned this a ton since it was revealed, it reminds me of NFL Fever 2004 and it's Read N Lead passing, and I loved that. After an hour in the drill with it, I sort of see where it falls apart a bit for me.

It's either the size of the icon or having the 2 icons on screen. The only thing I can compare it to is NFL fever again. Fever had a bigger reticle on the ground versus a standing reticle. I'm not sure if that's the thing that's throwing me off , but I'm finding it really hard to determine which reticle is the receivers normal route and which is my icon. Having both those on the screens isn't helpful when sometimes they look like the same color.*

I can see people who will say having a bigger reticle isn't what's needed, but I feel like a need a reticle I can see. The current one is tiny. And I get some will say it should be tied to the stats of the QB, but all I want is more visible icon. I have a 55 inch 4k TV and I'm sitting 5 feet from it and I can't see the icon in the foreground sometimes.*

The other issue is the second icon. I rather they show me the route then another icon or remove the 2nd icon altogether. Too many times its confused me with my icon. I also think the icon moves too fast but I think that is something I can get used too.

Again, I think it's a bit flawed but the promise is there and that alone has my interest and makes me want to play to get better and play more of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »