Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Custom Draft Board (MoonlightSwami)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Custom Draft Board (MoonlightSwami) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #17
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Custom Draft Board (MoonlightSwami)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Agreed...

This means absolutely nothing to someone who plays offline franchise.
It shows that the entire CFM mode was built - and continues to be developed - as an online franchise mode. With the offline element being secondary. Hence the inability to 'conveniently' sim a game between two cpu opponents among other things. It's partly why the bad AI is still bad AI, they don't really see the need to fix it because the idea is that human's are the ones making the decisions. I would love to know what the stats are when it comes to online vs. offline franchise and whether they justify that thinking or not.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 08-09-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm an offline only franchise player but I'll still use this feature. I like the idea of being able to rank all of the guys I'm interested in, in the order I'd select them
Old 08-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's so hard seeing stuff to do with CFM.

The fact that it's to the point where not drafting 3 QB's or 5 TE's in the first few rounds of a draft is described as a cool feature just shows how ridiculously far CFM really is away.

Hearing how there's going to be a ton of really good players in the first couple rounds and there's never going to be a draft class where there's no talent at a position and if you do it won't happen in consecutive years sounds really iffy to me.

Outside of that, cool addition for those that play online.
This is a red flag. Even with the lack of talent in '17s draft classes I felt it was too easy to build good teams.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #20
Banned

Brightline's Arena

The next time someone from EA says that they couldnt implement something because they wanted to make sure to do it right lets just all remember this.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #21
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
This is a red flag. Even with the lack of talent in '17s draft classes I felt it was too easy to build good teams.
I agree. And every draft I've seen it already seems like there is a plethora of franchise QB's in it. I especially don't like what was said about how if a position doesn't have talent one year, it won't happen in consecutive years. Why is that not something that is dynamic? It's not like after the 2011 draft the next year there was automatically a ton of good QB's. It seems like the same thing as gameplay where they're afraid if someone has a bad draft or makes a bad pick they're going to put down the game and the end result is making everything so easy that nothing bad ever happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I agree. And every draft I've seen it already seems like there is a plethora of franchise QB's in it. I especially don't like what was said about how if a position doesn't have talent one year, it won't happen in consecutive years. Why is that not something that is dynamic? It's not like after the 2011 draft the next year there was automatically a ton of good QB's. It seems like the same thing as gameplay where they're afraid if someone has a bad draft or makes a bad pick they're going to put down the game and the end result is making everything so easy that nothing bad ever happens.
This is an area I'd like to see total customization, maybe have a slider where at one end you get the same number of stars every year for any given position and the other end it's completely random
Old 08-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #23
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
I was floored when he said that, because each year you hear experts say, this group of WRs isn't as good as last year, or the Offensive Line group isn't that good, or it's a bad quarterback class, etc. Sometimes it happens consecutive years where a position doesn't produce talent. Funny thing is they went through all that work when the solution was under their nose the entire time.

That solution.... EDIT the draft class BEFORE the Draft. Let the players choose how top heavy a position is, or how bad a certain position is. If we scout and know that talent is bad at QB and we need a QB, from what we just found out. We can get a Ryan Fitzpatrick/Josh McCown for a one year band aid knowing we can get our Franchise QB the following year since the QB position won't be bad two years in a row.

I want that real life gamble teams take in the draft every year. It's not like the Panthers in 2011 just said screw it, we'll wait for Andrew Luck in 2012 and trade the farm for him if we have to and pass on Cam. Or the Jaguars just sit back and not trade up for Gabbert because they can just wait to trade up for RG3 or Tannehill in 2012. There needs to be that gamble where we take a guy and he busts and we pass on a guy a la Aaron Rodgers and he's making me regret passing on him while I still haven't found a franchise QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »