Home

iMAV3RIQ's HONEST First Impression's Playing Madden 18

This is a discussion on iMAV3RIQ's HONEST First Impression's Playing Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #57
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: iMAV3RIQ's HONEST First Impression's Playing Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
For me it's not necessarily a failure to deliver on sim. It's the unpredictable points of regression that make each new year feel like a game of wack-a-mole. Like how QB AI was vastly improved in 16, and regressed in 17 to a state worse than 15. And, related to sim elements, patching out QB inaccuracy to appease the complaints of the competitive scene are irritating, but I thought "simulation" style was an acknowledgement of this dilemma.
I couldn't have said this better.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I'm surprised because it's not what I saw in the off screen captures @ EA play.
How long were the off screen captures? A minute? 2? Thats not enough to make a judgment positive or negative about any game.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by seththor; 08-10-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The biggest question for me is, why is anyone surprised by this? LOL. This is Madden man. They can talk all the sim talk they want, at the core, they will never try to replicate it to the standard it should be at by now.

We just have to enjoy it for what it is....
True words here.

It reminds me of Madden 10 or 11 when Bezo and LBz went down for CD and once the game was released, it was like, what game is this?

I'm sure with the heat from the CGers , Twitter and other sites, well, it should be changed for the better.

Sim has already said he will have plenty to say tomorrow and said he was in Rex's ear the the video grab.

Same stuff, different year.

Last edited by roadman; 08-09-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #61
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How long were the off screen captures? A minute? 2? Thats not enough to make a judgment positive or negative about any game.
No, but fwiw there is the statement that the Game Changer guy made about the difference. Obviously that alone could be down to a variation of the user's circumstances at EA Play vs capture event, but Rex made some kind of acknowledgement that the team was aware of this and looking into/working on it (along with other GC feedback).

I can say that I'm eager to hear the impressions from the users on this board once EA Access hits. With some exceptions, the consensus here usually matches my reading of the game year to year.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 08-09-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
No, but fwiw there is the statement that the Game Changer guy made about the difference. Obviously that alone could be down to a variation of the user's circumstances at EA Play vs capture event, but Rex made some kind of acknowledgement that the team was aware of this and looking into/working on it (along with other GC feedback).

I can say that I'm eager to hear the impressions from the users on this board once EA Access hits. With some exceptions, the consensus here usually matches my reading of the game year to year.
Yeah, he acknowledged the zones in three separate tweets, not once, not twice, but 3 different times.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #63
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
For me it's not necessarily a failure to deliver on sim. It's the unpredictable points of regression that make each new year feel like a game of wack-a-mole. Like how QB AI was vastly improved in 16, and regressed in 17 to a state worse than 15. And, related to sim elements, patching out QB inaccuracy to appease the complaints of the competitive scene are irritating, but I thought "simulation" style was an acknowledgement of this dilemma.

If sliders could remedy a lot of this stuff, I wouldn't even care. But when they take these aspects, like QB accuracy, and basically make them unfixable it makes everything harder. Same with zones. In M17 the CPU on All-Madden plays zones absolutely perfect but there really is no way to get your players to play anywhere near that level. If I pop in M18 and have to start knocking QB accuracy all the way down to 10 just to see one or two inaccuracies per game on sim mode, it's not even going to be worth my time.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #64
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

After watching everything I am seeing some more positives. I really like some of the new player models. And seeing some new catch and tackle animations.

Don't get me wrong, there are still a ton of old ugly animations, but it does look better. Blocking and running game do look improved.

Like I said before, EA Access will be the deciding factor for me. But that decision will be easy to make if zone defence isn't adjusted by launch.

So disappointed they would do something like this. It would be fine if it was done on arcade or competitive, but this literally is the opposite of sim.

I have to believe Rex doesn't like this adjustment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »