Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Player Progression Tips & Regression Changes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Player Progression Tips & Regression Changes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Player Progression Tips & Regression Changes

Madden NFL 18 Franchise Tutorials: Player Progression Tips & Regression Changes

https://youtu.be/wOmOh3J2IvA

MoonlightSwami | FranchiseNation
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Player Progression Tips & Regression Changes

Some good stuff here. I like how expensive physical attributes are now. Personally I don't think they should be upgrade-able at all but being ridiculously expensive is good. The speed regression change is nice too, assuming acceleration and agility do regress under 90. Speed just matters to much in this game so at least they won't be worthless past 30.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Player Progression Tips & Regression Changes

I dont understand the speed regression cap.. Dont players get slower as they age in real life? Maybe i just haven't played enough years in my cfm to understand what the problem is. Old players are slower no ?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I disagree with the speed change. I thought it provided a nice change over the career path of a player. A RB who may rely on speed early in his career could turn into a power back if you continued to work on trucking over his career as his speed regressed. I did the same with WR. I like having a speed WR on the outside but after a wr speed would regress i would move him inside and he could still use his high catch rating to be useful.

Maybe the regression in acceleration will still provide some of this but i thought they hit regression pretty well with M17.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Madden NFL 18 Franchise Tutorials: Player Progression Tips & Regression Changes

https://youtu.be/wOmOh3J2IvA

MoonlightSwami | FranchiseNation
So excited about the regression changes!! Thanks for the video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
I disagree with the speed change. I thought it provided a nice change over the career path of a player. A RB who may rely on speed early in his career could turn into a power back if you continued to work on trucking over his career as his speed regressed. I did the same with WR. I like having a speed WR on the outside but after a wr speed would regress i would move him inside and he could still use his high catch rating to be useful.

Maybe the regression in acceleration will still provide some of this but i thought they hit regression pretty well with M17.
Does that really happen though? How often do you see a speed guy turn in to a power guy in the NFL? Sometimes WRs that physically fall off their peak extend their career with superior route running/catching/etc but players don't often change archetypes that I have noticed.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't like how theres a speed regression cap at 90 OVR. Now there is going to be many players all with the same speed, which is silly. No variation at all, really? They could have reduced the chance of a player losing speed or made it so it happens every 2 years or something. Or, you know, add a player trait to separate those who regress more then others. Capping all players who regress at 90 OVR speed seems like the absolutely simplest, uninteresting thing they could have done. Very underwhelmed with the progression/regression changes. It feels more like a band-aid then an improvement.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #8
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Can't watch the video right now, is there anything mentioned for QB regression? Really don't like my 29yr old QB regressing by 2THP each year when a lot of QBs hit their strides in their 30s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »