Home

Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos (Day 1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos (Day 1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 11:17 PM   #17
Rookie

Linebacker57's Arena

OVR: 0
Can you play online multiplayer with a friend in a season/franchise mode?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos (Day 1)

Im sorry but these videos look exactly like 17. The announcing is basically the same too. I honestly can't tell the difference.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #19
Rookie

John_2400's Arena

Thank goodness best buy let u get $25 off trade in towards this mess plus 20% off if u a gamer club member still a lot of legacy issues.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:17 AM   #20
Rookie

Madden needs perhaps a new deveoper team. Tiburon is too stuck in the same thinking. No fresh ideas. Of course every sports game is an update of previous years, it is just that Madden is the worst update amongst sports games in general. Out with the old, in with the new.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:38 AM   #21
Rookie

I haven't been excited for the videos to drop based on what I saw Rex post about the scores he got in simulation mode with 6 MINUTE QUARTERS!! Several 30 and 40 point scores which would mean 100 point games using 15 minute quarters...yeah, that's sim.
Also, it's been made abundantly clear now that it really isn't on the devs as much as it is on the suits. As long as the suits don't trust their developers enough to let them create and innovate, the game will go nowhere!!
It's frustrating and maddening (lol) to us, but imagine how it must be for the developers to have their name being put on something as poorly made as this!!
They SHOULD put the names of the people who make these decisions, with their telephone numbers and email addresses, on the credit screen! Let the suits weather the annual **** storm. Lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 04:08 AM   #22
Rookie

Has anyone heard anything about 4k / 60fps for PS4 Pro? I tweeted Clint about it, but no answer. Fifa looks pretty slick in 4k/60, so if Madden can offer that too, at least it will look improved graphics-wise on field.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:57 AM   #23
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

Oh boy!

After taking in the sights and sounds of these vids (some with the sound turned off) I have tried to assemble my impressions:

Graphics and Gameplay:

- Are graphics toned down? Because so far it seems to me that Frostbite was the wrong move. Shading in some of these vids is still a work in process.

- Im not entriely sure, but this game look very similar to last years version, maybe a bit worse? hard to say. They added some detail changes here and there, but other than that it seems to me like this is the same game visually? Is it worse?

- Big Ben does not look very big tbh. He is more the skinny version of Big Ben. And what did they do to James Harrison? He looks like he became a Wide Reciever!

- And what is up with all of the models looking exactly the same? Intro presentation is dull and grey before the matches when you are inside the tunnels..Uni colors look a bit grey or.. faded in some of these vids. A lot of bad blurring in the intros. The colts have an entire blur filter on them in the warm-ups. Lions look pretty nice in the new unis. The Ravens helmets look grey? What did you do to the NFL, EA?

- Weather effects look pretty good. Winter looks like it could be a lot of fun to play in.

-The fireworks are nice, but seem a bit too much at times.

- The Franchise mode has the exact same content? They even say the same unskippable sentences when you start up a new franchise?

- They mention new faces added to the game for creating your pro. I could only see one or two. Like the new shooter sleeves and 1/4 sleeves. Could not see if they added new helmets or face masks.

- The zones look weak. Defense seem to have lost out to power offence.

The game is just around the corner and Im getting a bit nervous about this game. It looks like this could be Mass Effect Andromeda in the Sports world.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #24
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Hmm, I will reserve judgement until I've used my 10 hour trial, but as a offlline franchise player I simply don't see enough here to keep me interested.

I'm sure I will buy it at some point because I need my football fix, but this looks very close to last years edition. I still hope it "feels" different, but these videos has done nothing for me.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »