Home

(Ghostrobo) Raiders vs Chargers User vs CPU Sim Mode(Best Game I've Seen So Far)

This is a discussion on (Ghostrobo) Raiders vs Chargers User vs CPU Sim Mode(Best Game I've Seen So Far) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #9
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: (Ghostrobo) Raiders vs Chargers User vs CPU Sim Mode(Best Game I've Seen So Far)

loved the video, the gameplay was great

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 08-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #10
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: (Ghostrobo) Raiders vs Chargers User vs CPU Sim Mode(Best Game I've Seen So Far)

By far the best gameplay! These are the type of videos and gameplay EA should release as opposed to these other you tubers videos. It just shows off their game in a way better light. I get the marketing through them but just have them commentate a game and post videos of gameplay with sim guys playing sim football... CPU gameplay calls seemed like they were maybe touched on too... Good News!
Old 08-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
By far the best gameplay! These are the type of videos and gameplay EA should release as opposed to these other you tubers videos. It just shows off their game in a way better light. I get the marketing through them but just have them commentate a game and post videos of gameplay with sim guys playing sim football... CPU gameplay calls seemed like they were maybe touched on too... Good News!
Loved the CPU calling TO with 3 seconds left in the half and try a Arod play. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 12:13 AM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Some bette stuff for sure.

I'm really trying to put my finger on what bothers me about movement animations and running in general.

At 11:34 on the PR the acceleration and movement just looks all wrong. When I slow it down the foot planting looks right. Maybe there just isn't enough rotation in the upper body and hips in general. The really quick cuts seem to really emphasize the stiffness even more.

Also check out blocker #38 on that same play. He has a weird and stiff slanty posture going on like he's being dragged across the play by a string or something.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:18 AM   #13
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

The bad:
@2:40 Still no cpu Qb awareness in the pocket.
No pressure from Bosa or Mack (the oline still seems OP on default settings)
Mostly the same animations from 17
Mostly the same in-game presentation from 17

The good:
Juke moves
Open field running movement seems improved
Graphics and lighting
Pass defense seems improved

Overall it just looks like an more polished version of Madden 17, they really need to overhaul the animations and in-game presentation to give the game a fresher look and feel.

Last edited by Americas Team; 08-10-2017 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:20 AM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm really trying to put my finger on what bothers me about movement animations and running in general.
They're just ugly, goofy, non athletic, disjointed and don't belong in this generation of games.

I can't take this game seriously as long as it animates and moves like it does. There's some good to decent stuff in there, but it's few and far between. Madden really needs an overhaul in this area. Hasn't been decent since the PS2 days...

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #15
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This is why you can't judge a game off of short videos. This video showed a lot of good things that we didn't see in previous videos. It looks more like that I expected Madden 18 to look like.

The sack at around 2:50 was great. And it was a great block to pick up the LB too, but he fought through the block and made the sack while still being blocked. That was pretty sweet.

Now I'm a little more excited to at least try it with EA Access.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 12:34 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I thought the raiders were going to be in Las Vegas this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »