Home

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

This is a discussion on ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Yes, we will see. Correct me if I'm wrong but some of he gameplay videos I thought showed the entrances on regular games. Again just to clarify, I don't mind the entrances being their, I just would like some hyped up different presentation for bigger games. It would make prime time games and the playoffs a lot more fun to go through. I like that they added special commentary for the super bowl. At least it shows they are thinking of it to some degree, but I would like to see the visuals and tv broadcast to get the same level of attention to detail. You can see clear differences in real life how they broadcast a playoff game vs a regular season game.

When they add a new feature for presentation I would just like to see them strategically place it into the game with a little more thought as to what we see on TV

They do show them on regular games, but I'm assuming everything shown so far has been Play Now games. Has anyone seen a video yet with, say, week 6 of franchise yet? I'm hoping that once you start CFM, they disappear until primetime or playoff games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #10
Rookie

daddynab2's Arena

OVR: 0

dude i totally agree. they need to take notes on how nba 2k11 and 2k12 did their presentation. they had about 3-5 different intros or something and it totally made the presentation more realistic and enjoyable
Old 08-11-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
Rookie

JDrama84's Arena

-To be fair, Longshot could be really good and if it is and people tell EA they like it, they will definitely make a career mode.

-as for CFM, I am dissapointed too and I REALLY hate to say this, but I think Madden 19 is going to have a clear focus on Franchise Mode.

-They admittedly said they didn't do much to CFM this year so you know they will have to take a big jump for the next iteration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #12
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
-To be fair, Longshot could be really good and if it is and people tell EA they like it, they will definitely make a career mode.

-as for CFM, I am dissapointed too and I REALLY hate to say this, but I think Madden 19 is going to have a clear focus on Franchise Mode.

-They admittedly said they didn't do much to CFM this year so you know they will have to take a big jump for the next iteration.
I am hoping for Madden 19 as well for CFM...

I dont mind modes like Longshot, i just dont like that the core audience has to continuously take a back seat so EA can focus on these modes.

I feel that CFM and presentation go hand in hand. Part of CFM is creating the atmosphere that we are actually running a real NFL team and putting us in that world. Without good presentation that creates that world for us we will never feel like we are part of a real NFL atmoshpere.

Last edited by Cato06; 08-11-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Would love to see broadcast style player introductions instead of this swag crap from last year where they stand on the field displayong their guns. Totally breaks immersion, because players aren't going to pose for the freaking cameras for a group photo moments before the game.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #14
Pro

vertman's Arena

Why do they feel the need to put the score banner at the top of the screen? Put it in the top right or left of the screen and make it much smaller. Man that drives me nuts. Anyone know if we can turn that off in the settings this year? Last year you couldnt
Old 08-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
I am hoping for Madden 19 as well for CFM...

I dont mind modes like Longshot, i just dont like that the core audience has to continuously take a back seat so EA can focus on these modes.

I feel that CFM and presentation go hand in hand. Part of CFM is creating the atmosphere that we are actually running a real NFL team and putting us in that world. Without good presentation that creates that world for us we will never feel like we are part of a real NFL atmoshpere.
CFMers are NOT their focus audience anymore. Online h2h AND MUT are. And primarily MUT. It's all about the Benjamins now, and MUT more than makes up for the lost revenue from declining sales.
They put minimal resources (people and money) into development, make a few improvements, and watch the profits roll in.
They even pull people from what already is a skeleton development crew to work on another game knowing it won't matter, because there are enough people into MUT and the tourneys that they cannot possibly fail.
That, and the fact that there's not any competition, and likely never will be.
Let's be brutally honest here, Madden 2005 was the end of drastic improvements and real innovation, as it was the last time they HAD TO step up their game.
The death knoll for us...the hardcore sim gamers. Now it's about dumbing everything down so little Timmy can score 100 points a game in as little time as possible.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #16
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

The one thing I would absolutely love to see is some sort of graphic during the game showing the other playoff matches, playoff scenarios etc. As it is now there is no connection in the game to the league around you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »