Home

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

This is a discussion on ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #41
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

I have said this for years, Madden needs to get rid of the actual NFL commentators and hire some voice actors. The commentary this year is better than it has been in years but that's not saying that much. The problem is Madden plays out a lot faster than real life does and all these guys are used to reading lines as if they were calling them for an actual NFL game. What we are left with is monologues from the colorman that last 2-3 plays or excitement (or lack there of) that just doesn't match up with what is actually happening.

I would much rather have them hire 4-6 no name voice actors and have 2-3 sets of commentators. Two for normal games and one for special games (Monday, Sunday, Thursday) and mix them up come playoffs time. It would get rid of so much of the monotony that currently exists from the commentators. You could even have separate graphics packages for the announce teams. They can create separate in-game networks like EA Sports 1 and EA Sports 8 The Ocho (props to anyone who gets the reference).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #42
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Doesn't FIFA have 3 sets of commentary teams? Why doesn't EA just copy off them for Madden? It kinda funny how each EA Sports game is set-up differently. It's like they don't even speak to each other to share features or to get help
Old 08-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #43
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
Doesn't FIFA have 3 sets of commentary teams? Why doesn't EA just copy off them for Madden? It kinda funny how each EA Sports game is set-up differently. It's like they don't even speak to each other to share features or to get help
Or just recycle Phil and Jim for a few games, and then the news guys for the rest.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I have said this for years, Madden needs to get rid of the actual NFL commentators and hire some voice actors. The commentary this year is better than it has been in years but that's not saying that much. The problem is Madden plays out a lot faster than real life does and all these guys are used to reading lines as if they were calling them for an actual NFL game. What we are left with is monologues from the colorman that last 2-3 plays or excitement (or lack there of) that just doesn't match up with what is actually happening.

I would much rather have them hire 4-6 no name voice actors and have 2-3 sets of commentators. Two for normal games and one for special games (Monday, Sunday, Thursday) and mix them up come playoffs time. It would get rid of so much of the monotony that currently exists from the commentators. You could even have separate graphics packages for the announce teams. They can create separate in-game networks like EA Sports 1 and EA Sports 8 The Ocho (props to anyone who gets the reference).

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

I, too, would like an extra commentary team. However, I would settle for just the one we have if it meant we could get multiple presentation packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I played the NBA Live 18 demo and seeing the ESPN presentation, it's an absolute crime that EA shows no interest whatsoever in incorporating that - OR NFL Network presentation - OR BOTH - into the videogame. Details make a massive difference, presentation keeps the game fresh, realistic, informative and stops it becoming stale.
Yup the Madden team is lazy, they have no competition so they dont even try, NBA Live even tho they are EA too are chasing 2K so they are trying hard. No other NFL game lets Madden do the least bit they can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 05:30 PM   #46
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

I, too, would like an extra commentary team. However, I would settle for just the one we have if it meant we could get multiple presentation packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Love the way 2k do it, not a completely different commentary setup but different voices that mix it up enough that it doesn't get stale. I think the presentation for SNF, MNF, playoffs etc. would be a bigger improvement.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #47
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

There needs to be lines made specifically for replays with specific analysis of what transpired. Use it as a teaching.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2017, 06:10 PM   #48
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011

Yep. And voice actors can spend unlimited time too recording with no limits. These professionals say a lot but let's face it, they are limited for time and coming back for serious updating throughout a season is very limited

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »