Home

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

This is a discussion on ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

I like the hold option, because sometimes I hit to skip but realize I wanted to see a replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #66
Rookie

Xoax34's Arena

Man there are so many things that bug me.

1.) No stat tracking from previous years. NBA 2k will show past teams, awards, etc. It shows past champions. Franchise stats.

2.) Lackluster Postseason. Wish there was at least a celebration for the conference championship.

3.) The twitter social media thing is just garbage. I really liked 07 with the Radio show and Newspaper. I want storylines, headlines, etc, not useless/repetitive lines from people I dont care about. NBA 2k did this good too, with game summaries (ex: Harden scores 30 as Rockets down Spurs)

4.) For the love of god, if i see one more overlay with player stats...like why are you showing/comparing stats like Speed and Catching as part of a presentation package??????

5.) I honestly could care less for the constant overlay that points to the player that did something, like 9/10, 100 yards. I can get that from the scoreboard area.

6.) Wish the previous champion got a ring/banner ceremony, or at least show a banner at all.

..theres more....theres always more, im just done at this point, lol
Old 02-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #67
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
The best part of presentation aspects in sports games is when the developers give me the option to instantly skip it. Not "hold x" for two seconds.... not watch the first five seconds then get the option to skip... tap "x" and I'm immediately back to the playcalling screen. I came here to play the game, not watch it. Plenty of football videos on the internets and plenty of football broadcasts on TV for watching this stuff. I despise every second wasted watching some animated infographic or fan celebration or coach doing his "WTF?" gestures on the sideline... I despise all of it. Let me play and get off my lawn!
Yea, i dont know, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect it, but I believe games these days need to be well rounded when it comes to gameplay, features, and presentation. I get that gameplay is probably the most important thing if you want to keep the game addicting, but we cant go back to the days of Madden 98' and just make games strictly with gameplay. I believe the option to skip presentation scenes is important. Sometimes we just dont have the time to sit and watch the same cutscenes over and over, i get it. But a sports game these days just wont survive if they dont compete with other franchises with good presentation and features.

Just look at what happened with the NBA games. NBA 2k has been light years ahead of anything else with having both great gameplay, AND great presentation. EA actually had to stop making their own NBA games when people started to switch to the next generation consoles because they just couldnt keep up with what 2K was doing and they knew their game wouldnt sell. With all of EA's money, resources, and marketing, they still had to cave in to NBA 2K because the fans spoke with their wallets and knew 2K was a better game. Think about that for a minute, and tell me how you don't think presentation is important.....
Old 02-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #68
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, that would be a perfectly valid point if the competing NBA Live games were comparable in gameplay quality and presentation aspects could be viewed as the primary separating factor. But they weren't comparable in game play. NBA Live had been hot garbage on the court ever since they left the Cartridge Era. It lacked everywhere. I doubt many stuck with NBA2K because of cheerleader dances during timeouts or David Aldrigde sound clips... The success of the product was because it just played vastly better on the court.

As to my original post, I was not asking for any presentation aspects to be removed. But my only request for presentation improvement is keeping / enhancing my ability to instantly skip things and return to the gameplay. In fact, it's my biggest gripe with NBA2K... so much lag and button mashing to escape those god awful coach pep talks on the sidelines or horrible Shaq jokes in the halftime show that MUST be loaded every time... ugh. Tap a button, back to the action. That's my presentation improvement suggestion... after that... make as much content as you want.

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 02-02-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #69
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I don’t see why they couldn’t have a presentation slider, which could allow you to have zero presentation, some presentation, or full presentation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #70
Banned

NBALIVE19CFM's Arena

What EA really should add to presentation is FAN INTERACTION which would make them step up there crowd physics... I would also love if they actually add PRACTICE SQUAD and all the other managers and trainers to the sidelines... I know guys aren't really supposed to run down the sideline but every time a big run something of that nature should trigger... It's definitely time for change!!
Old 02-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #71
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I don’t see why they couldn’t have a presentation slider, which could allow you to have zero presentation, some presentation, or full presentation.
I totally agree. Having been around OS for quite some time, I know there are some people that want to see every cutscene, some people who want to by-pass them all, and a bunch of people (like myself) who fall somewhere in between. I would actually suggest 5 levels of cutscenes....Never, rarely, sometimes, frequently & Always. And maybe a separate option to bypass the pregame, halftime and postgame.

I have been playing sports video games since Atari. But the past view years have seen a sharp decline in the amount that I play. There are a few reasons for that, but one of them is the amount of idle time waiting for games to load and button mashing through cutscenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 02:19 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hello everybody this is Larry Ridley!! This has started every game for how many years now? For some reason that drives me nuts. Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »