Home

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

This is a discussion on ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

EA sports and Maddens’ presentation and “TV broadcast” continually irk me every year and this year is no exception. I am baffled as to how they could have taken a step back when it seemed things were finally starting to move forward. I don’t know about you guys but I am tired of EA constantly adding presentation features then taken them out 2 years later, only to add these same features again years later and nothing seems to be improved or the way its implemented. Some of the things they add, like the team runouts this year are a cool feature and look good, but IMO don’t have any flow to them and don’t make any sense how they are shown during the course of the season. Don’t get me wrong I like that they have added them this year but I hate how the feature is implemented. It seems they only add these features so they can write a blog about it before the release date to get peoples attention and don’t stop to think what would be the best way to use this feature so it doesn’t get stale. After seeing our teams runout a few times in play now or the regular season the majority of us will just skip it and go right to the kickoff. How could EA do this again?

I am tired of the gimmicks (MUT, Longshot, Draft champions), tired of EA not paying attention to the stuff that is important to the consumer like FRANCHISE MODE, tired of the presentation always falling short of other sports titles, and tired of them saying they are listening to us but always seem to have another agenda that holds them back because they are trying to bring in a “new audience”. I get that part of it is a business, but you gotta take care of your core audience first!

I’m not the best at creating threads and getting my point across so if anyone has any thoughts please share in a productive manner. I am going to list a few videos and pics to help explain better what I mean as far as presentation goes. Im hoping to keep this thread going and possibly edit and update it if I get better ideas.

**One statement before we move forward. I dont want EA getting the wrong idea that i want "REAL LIFE" videos mixed into the presentation. I am totally against this because it ruins the immersion of your league when real life videos of your team is mixed with animated presentation. There is nothing worse than a video of Brady as your QB when its 2025 in your franchise and hes been retired for almost a decade.**

Lets start with the team run outs they put back in the game this year…
***CLICK LINKS BELOW***

1)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vysIxbfHFJU

yea, that’s great and all but is this going to be before every regular season game??? CANT WAIT TO SKIP IT IN WEEK 4 OF MY FRANCHISE! These entrances are a must in the game but need to be implemented correctly. I understand that in real life almost every NFL team has an enterance that they do for every regular season home game but its usually not televised.

I also couldnt help notice how empty the fields are when the players run out. Classic example of another lifeless presentation feature that seems to be a trend with EA.

Madden:

VS REAL LIFE

Wheres the cheerleaders??? wheres the flags??? what happened to the opposing team on the sideline??? Just empty and lifeless!!

This brings me to my next point. Why is there no difference in regular season presentation vs playoff presentation. The Conference championship shouldn't feel like a "ho hum" its a week 2 regular season game. Fans should be louder, commentators should be more excited.
Can we use the same effect that the NCAA games would use with loud stadiums where the controller would vibrate and the WR routes would start shaking all over the place? That really helped the intensity of the game and the Playoffs could use a little of that intensity in Madden

Let me show an example below of a couple opening intros to some regular season games in real life, then we will compare them with real life playoff televised game so we can see the noticeable difference.

Regular season games

2) ex.A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1--wdekTTzA

ex.B]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL68ZJUTYR4

nothing too flashy right?? Showd some fans walking into the stadium (take notes EA),

Brady and Garapollo just casually running onto the field.

Now lets get to some playoff games….

3)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy8JbgHbmx4

Dramatic team video before the big team runout

wow!, see the difference? NOW ITS TIME FOR THE BIG DRAMATIC TEAM RUNOUT! Dramatic video of the city itself, fireworks going off with pyrotechnics in the endzone. MUCH BIGGER DEAL! I can guarantee you that you will NOT see this amount of hype televised in a regular season game 90% of the time unless its a big Monday Night Football game

Lets take a look at this next video….

4)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq6SonPMvcg

dramatic video of the cities where the teams come from

Playoff picture/scenario screen

AFC intro title screen

national anthem televised

again, dramatic video going into the team team runout, it has flow, it makes sense from a broadcast point of view. Notice the logo that says “the playoffs continue”, the full rundown of the rankings of the teams and key player stats/ranking. Notice the huge American flag being held on the field. Fans waving towels going crazy! National anthem televised. BIG TIME PLAYOFF GAME ATMOSPHERE!
Now I understand Madden added some of these features in their entrances and they have firework displays on the stadiums this year, but I should not being seeing this kind of hype in week 3 of the season, just to see the same presentation when the playoffs come. SMH…
The playoffs need to be unique

How bout the Super Bowl? Lets look at Maddens new team super bowl entrances this year.

5)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglpAMGcCkM

WHAAAAATTT???? Seriously….what was that? They just randomly start running out from the endzone??? What a huge step back in super bowl presentation! I mean that’s just laugh out loud funny how bad it is!

Lets take a look at real life...

7)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvnN47ZC3c

Notice the difference? Shows team walking out of the locker room, shows dramatic video for each team before they run out of an ACTUAL TUNNEL!!! Also notice the logo on the TV broadcast saying AFC or NFC champions when the team runs out? Its all about the small details!

Dont get me wrong EA, I love Madden and play if every year and I love alot of things you guys have done with the game in the last few years. I mean you guys have to be an extremely talented group of developers to get where you are. You have a job creating friggin Madden!!Stop being second or third to other sports franchises!

"I mean, you could just keep doing the bare minimum ....."

or you could start showing your flare, expressing yourselves and start giving other companies a run for their money when it comes to presentation AND CFM. (I believe they go hand in hand)

Im gonna end this post right here and leave it open for discussion and possibly edit it in the future. If you guys are like me and are just plain sick of the same presentation every year please add your thoughts and hopefully we get the developers attention. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Last edited by Cato06; 10-14-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: **edited for added pics from video links**
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Re: ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

So. If by week 3 you're ganna skip it anyways.

Why should anyone put any effort into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
So. If by week 3 you're ganna skip it anyways.

Why should anyone put any effort into it.

??? i dont think your getting my point.... Im saying the big entrances and fireworks should be saved for big games... i would definitely not skip it then because it wouldnt be stale...
Old 08-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Great post.. if only ... Smh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
??? i dont think your getting my point.... Im saying the big entrances and fireworks should be saved for big games... i would definitely not skip it then because it wouldnt be stale...

I agree. It'd be similar to M25, when they had the intro videos for Primetime & Playoff games but not every week. I got ya.

I haven't heard it specifically said yet that these intros happen before every game IN cfm...so my naive self is hoping it only happens in CFM before primetime & playoffs. We'll see.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I agree. It'd be similar to M25, when they had the intro videos for Primetime & Playoff games but not every week. I got ya.

I haven't heard it specifically said yet that these intros happen before every game IN cfm...so my naive self is hoping it only happens in CFM before primetime & playoffs. We'll see.

Yes, we will see. Correct me if I'm wrong but some of he gameplay videos I thought showed the entrances on regular games. Again just to clarify, I don't mind the entrances being their, I just would like some hyped up different presentation for bigger games. It would make prime time games and the playoffs a lot more fun to go through. I like that they added special commentary for the super bowl. At least it shows they are thinking of it to some degree, but I would like to see the visuals and tv broadcast to get the same level of attention to detail. You can see clear differences in real life how they broadcast a playoff game vs a regular season game.

When they add a new feature for presentation I would just like to see them strategically place it into the game with a little more thought as to what we see on TV
Old 08-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #7
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Maybe I'm blind, But it looks like ea did their research on the intros. As they are like their real world counterparts. How much more flashy do you want them?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:48 PM   #8
MVP

young22's Arena

I agree that the intros should be saved for big games. Better than not having them tho. I just wish they'd change up the scoreboard. That would go a long way to making the game feel new. In game presentation has been the same for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »