Home

Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players

This is a discussion on Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #9
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
For a sneaky overrated, I'm going with James White on the Patriots, who I think is an 81 and is the top rated RB in New England with Dion Lewis. *White is getting a super bowl boost, and if the Patriots lost that game and white didn't have a historic performance, he'd be like a forgotten 76 overall.
James White had 60 receptions for 551 yards and 5 TD's last year. His receptions and yards were 3rd most in the NFL for RB's. The SuperBowl was when the whole world got a chance to see how good this kid is, New England fans saw it all year long. He might actually be one of the most underrated RB's in this years game
Old 08-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #10
Rookie

KeanuReevesRules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
Gronk is the most dominant player on the field at any position. Being rated a 98 isn't inaccurate. There is literally nobody that can cover him. Nobody. Not to mention he is amazing in the blocking game as well.

Sure. He's injured a lot. But when he's on the field there is absolutely nobody in his league.
JJ Watt is his defensive equivalent IMO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanuReevesRules
JJ Watt is his defensive equivalent IMO

I'd even be hesitant to say that. Watt and Donald are by far the closest. BUT! I've never seen anyone as dominant as Gronk. Ever. He's made of glass, but I'll be damned if he isn't the single most dynamic player I've ever watched. I'd say LT in his heyday was probably the closest we've ever seen to Gronk on the defensive side of the ball.

This guy just owns everyone he goes up against. Defensive game planning doesn't matter. If the Patriots scheme for him to be heavily featured that game, he puts up ungodly stats. He's such a physical freak at his position. He's got a bigger reach than anyone who covers him, by 6-10" usually. He's stronger than anyone who can run with him. He's faster than anyone who matches up remotely in size. Has hands as good as anyone in the history at the TE position.

You can gameplan to negate great defensive linemen as much as possible. They'll still get their wins, but you can limit them. There is no limiting him when the Patriots call on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #12
Rookie

KeanuReevesRules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
I'd even be hesitant to say that. Watt and Donald are by far the closest. BUT! I've never seen anyone as dominant as Gronk. Ever. He's made of glass, but I'll be damned if he isn't the single most dynamic player I've ever watched. I'd say LT in his heyday was probably the closest we've ever seen to Gronk on the defensive side of the ball.

This guy just owns everyone he goes up against. Defensive game planning doesn't matter. If the Patriots scheme for him to be heavily featured that game, he puts up ungodly stats. He's such a physical freak at his position. He's got a bigger reach than anyone who covers him, by 6-10" usually. He's stronger than anyone who can run with him. He's faster than anyone who matches up remotely in size. Has hands as good as anyone in the history at the TE position.

You can gameplan to negate great defensive linemen as much as possible. They'll still get their wins, but you can limit them. There is no limiting him when the Patriots call on him.
Until I see Gronk flip over and play defense like Watt has to offense I will say they are equal.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #13
Rookie

This honestly may be the worst write up I've seen in my few years on this site. *Vic Beasley just led the NFL in sacks, and is rated 83 ovr, but Cameron Wake is the most underrated at 89? *They literally do the same thing, and Beasley is better at it. *How in the world is Marshawn Lynch underrated at an 85? *What are you expecting from him, at 31 years old, that would require him to be above an 85?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #14
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

The Gronk kool aid is strong in here. Best player you've ever seen???
Old 08-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
The Gronk kool aid is strong in here. Best player you've ever seen???

Where did I say best? I said most dominant.

Brady is the best player I've ever seen. Along with Jerry rice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #16
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

My bad. I'll try again.

The Gronk kool aid is strong in here. Most dominant player you've ever seen???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »