Home

Probably the most concerning thing Ive seen in Madden 18 (video)

This is a discussion on Probably the most concerning thing Ive seen in Madden 18 (video) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2017, 02:16 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Probably the most concerning thing Ive seen in Madden 18 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
I'm not sure if "most of the time" is even fair. What we see now is every time this happens because people are looking for it and sharing it. I didn't watch this whole clip, so I don't know. But the play was taken 7 minutes into the video. It took 30 seconds to see that it was not every play.

In this case, Prescott probably still has fairly low AWR, because he is young. While the animation looks horrid, he ought to have more instances of not feeling pressure and taking a sack. Obviously, there are clips off Brady doing the same thing. But even then, I saw Brady quickly get throws off before getting hit.

I'm guessing it won't take much tweaking.
I wanted to mention this. I'm glad someone did first. Yes it is known that ai qbs hold the ball too long. I have seen it in several vids. However it happens in real life too. Qbs take sacks. Especially coverage sacks. Ai qbs standing there and doing nothing and taking a sack definitely needs to be toned down but not elimated. It happens in real life..

Again the game just needs more little animations to bring these guys to life and make the play seem more logical. Animations such as the qb looking for a receiver or turning their shoulders trying to find an open guy. Also what would be ideal is an animation where the qb takes the sack. Tom Brady takes sacks all the time because no one is open and just protects the ball and goes down. An animation like that would be perfect in that situation. You can watch that clip and say "oh no one was open and the Ai was aware of the pressure"

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-12-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:19 AM   #10
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

This issue is so bad it almost looks like a bug.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-12-2017, 02:28 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
This issue is so bad it almost looks like a bug.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
You're right. It does look awful. However as players, we also want to be getting sacks. It seems like the AI is trying to find the open guy but can't. Instead dak gets sacked. I remember a few years ago people were complaining about not getting enough sacks. The AI would either throw it away or run. It's a tough balance.

He definitely holds it WAY too long. But if my secondary is locking their guy down in man coverage and the AI has no where to throw the ball, I'm satisfied with the actual result of the play. Just not the look of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
You're right. It does look awful. However as players, we also want to be getting sacks. It seems like the AI is trying to find the open guy but can't. Instead dak gets sacked. I remember a few years ago people were complaining about not getting enough sacks. The AI would either throw it away or run. It's a tough balance.

He definitely holds it WAY too long. But if my secondary is locking their guy down in man coverage and the AI has no where to throw the ball, I'm satisfied with the actual result of the play. Just not the look of it.
I can buy that.
Lets say instead of standing around he "drifted" around in the pocket waiting for someone to get open, and then gets sacked.

Same result, just different manner of getting there.

Doesn't mean I'm willing to overlook this though. This is a case where I cannot get over the look of the play, unlike dropped ints that is largely the same situation.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:15 AM   #13
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I said this was an issue last year when we got EAPlay videos and Aaron Rodgers was doing the same thing. A good portion of the time it's okay simply because there's receivers open and they can get rid of the ball quick. But when there's decent coverage is when things really break down. It's a bit of a domino effect as well as with guys that aren't necessarily mobile but are great at moving in the pocket and avoiding pressure like Brady or Roethlisberger it makes them look like fools. And then with regular QB's it's the same thing so there isn't real a sense in the difference between a guy like Brady with elite poise and a guy like Alex Smith who constantly looks to avoid phantom pressure. And then the most important and glaring factor is it's even more of an issue with mobile QB's. You could put 2004 Vick in M17, and by the looks of it M18, and his greatest asset would be pretty much nonexistent.

Even if they improved it, you're still going to get your sacks because sometimes there's just going to be nowhere to go and nowhere to escape. But when there's huge lanes and areas for QB's to scramble and use to avoid or elude pressure I want to feel that and have it be taken advantage of. Guys like Russell Wilson are incredible at extending plays and that's something you should have to account for and be wary of.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:01 AM   #14
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Also, Clint mentioned on Twitter they are looking into it.

So by the time the patch drops to fix this and zone coverage and then the next patch drops to fix what the patch that fixed this and zone coverage broke, it'll be about time for the game to hit the EA Access Vault and I can start playing. Looks like I won't be paying $60 for the pleasure of being a QA tester this year.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:34 AM   #15
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
the cpu QB AI has been terrible in every video released. The falcons Pats vid had Brady sacked 4 times after standing there clueless.

the game will need sliders and player edits as usual
This was a problem last year as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #16
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

It's concerning that they either "didn't notice it" or they did and just didn't fix it? It's just weird that this gets out at all, in any build.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »