Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Titans vs. Steelers, Raiders vs. Cardinals (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Titans vs. Steelers, Raiders vs. Cardinals (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #9
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Titans vs. Steelers, Raiders vs. Cardinals (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
5:37 MARK.. Another example of too much cushion with zones.
i think the issue there is that the defenders are too strict about only defending their zones, especially when the play breaks down and it's clear that their zone won't see any action. In this case, the WR runs directly into the CB's hard flat zone, and then when the play breaks down, breaks down the field to get open, and the defender doesn't follow him.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #10
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Titans vs. Steelers, Raiders vs. Cardinals (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtree14
Simfball is the only guy I see not drop way back and he also steps up, his qb play in the pocket is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I agree, and it looks good when he does too. Not seeing other guys doing it though is probably due to the fact that 1 - players are not used to there being a pocket and the new game. 2- Players are not used to having time to throw and automatically dropping back immediately as pressure came so fast in 17. 3 - I think they see blitzes and are used to OL not picking it up properly let alone the RB. I saw some other videos where guys figured it out that they can step up and run through the pocket to the outside though with ease. Then they kept doing it almost every play. I'm hoping we can get more DT pressure upfield a bit to help against it being OP (if it is).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »