Home

Advanced target passing

This is a discussion on Advanced target passing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Advanced target passing

The following video shows advanced target passing . This is what I was hoping this feature would be https://youtu.be/pn9spt1TMKI

This is going to add more animations and a more accurate difficulty to the passing game. The learning curve and replay value of this feature will be a welcomed feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Advanced target passing

such a shame it doesn't take the QBs accuracy into account, it looks like it would be not only fun but a nice added challenge to the passing game. I just cant justify ever using it though because its not sim for the QB to be able to pinpoint exactly where he wants it no matter his ratings
Old 08-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
Rookie

ig0easy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
such a shame it doesn't take the QBs accuracy into account, it looks like it would be not only fun but a nice added challenge to the passing game. I just cant justify ever using it though because its not sim for the QB to be able to pinpoint exactly where he wants it no matter his ratings
bingo. i think a lot of sim leagues will not allow it because not only does it override QB accuracy, it over rides the targets route running and awareness.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14
Advanced target passing

What it should really take into account is the QB accuracy and wr route running. Lower route running makes them more liable to not change their route and leave the ball out there for the taking.

They also need a rating for "on the same page" that goes up with practice time in CFM. Players that stay on the team start where they ended the previous season. New players start at 50. The more they practice and play together the higher it goes. But if their confidence is low and they have a bad game, that rating can dynamically go down.

Last edited by eXperiment63; 08-12-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:23 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

In user vs user games you know exactly where the ball is gonna go. This sounds like it could actually be a balanced gameplay mechanic.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I agree, but some would say that all NFL QBs are accurate when their feet are set and whne they aren't pressured.

But even still, what about arm strength?
Old 08-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

The easy fix is a wider circle the less accurate the QB is, however I overall think that this is much more a sim thing than everyone fears. Granted I only know for sure we do this in New England but at the top of a cut near every route has 2-4 options off it. This feature might be the closest thing to replicating that in Madden for the foreseeable future. I also don't think this will be too OP if headturning works properly or you use it in an intelligent way. Ideally if I throw a corner when my guy is running a post he won't be able to stop and turn quick enough to get there anyway, but I expect an NFL caliber athlete to be able to turn his In route into a post if he sees the ball trajectory in time or a streak into a comeback which was a Peyton Manning staple adjustment. Given the inherent limit of being stuck in place this would only be usable on 3 step quick drops or 3 man rushes for anything deep
Old 08-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #8
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

It'll be gone next year...but I suspect its the main reason the pass rush was nerfed--you gotta be able to use the shiny new feature, after all.

My issues:

1) With knockouts no longer a thing (a terrible decision, btw) and accuracy generally untouched did the already-powerful passing game really need a steroid?

2) Its in the game because gameplay doesn't have two throws: the back shoulder pass and throw at the back of the endzone....wouldn't it have made more sense to improve/expand lead passing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »