Home

As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

This is a discussion on As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

I dont mind QBs taking on a sacks on a dead play. I'd like to see QBs fall to the ground or brace for the hit when they've given up... Protect himself maybe..

The way it is now is awful .. no movement just standing there unaware, inviting big hits, Injuries & fumbles..

Unfortunately instead of fixing the problem they'll probably do a rush job and just have the QBs throw the ball away at the slightest sign of pressure..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #18
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

but...but...we have to dumb everything down for all the new players from longshot
Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #19
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascs13
I dont mind QBs taking on a sacks on a dead play. I'd like to see QBs fall to the ground or brace for the hit when they've given up... Protect himself maybe..

The way it is now is awful .. no movement just standing there unaware, inviting big hits, Injuries & fumbles..

Unfortunately instead of fixing the problem they'll probably do a rush job and just have the QBs throw the ball away at the slightest sign of pressure..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
This is what I'm afraid of. I hope they don't overdo it in a patch so QB's just throw the ball away at the littlest bit of pressure.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #20
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

As a community, we shouldn't be accepting a lot of things with madden.

But we do, because there is no other football game, and our voices are played on deaf ears.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The worse part is that they looked at the way it was in 17 and decided that the issue wasn't worthy of the resources necessary to fix it for 18. If only there were a couple of YouTubers with a few hundred thousand plus subscribers whose primary focus was User vs CPU CFM play who could complain about it.

In 2017, it isn't enough that the sack number might still be within the range of statistical norms. This is either a bug or a crappy design decision, either way they're 100% in the wrong for considering this a low priority issue.

Also, I concur that going back to the instantaneous throwaways from last year would be an unacceptable FU band-aid fix.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
As a community, we shouldn't be accepting a lot of things with madden.

But we do, because there is no other football game, and our voices are played on deaf ears.
It falls on deaf ears because this community buys the game EVERY YEAR no matter what.

I buy the game because while it isnt perfect, Its solid enough to deserve my $60 each year. The year it wasnt, the first year of CFM, I didnt buy it.

If one year this community took a stand and said "We arent buying the game", I promise you they would take notice. Their sales wouldnt drop significantly but I promise you, EA would take notice and would put some of its focus on getting this community back.

I'm a huge UFC fan and there is only one MMA game for purchase. If that game spent version after version ignoring the additions that offline gamers want, I would quit being a gamechanger and never buy the game.

Its that simple. Dont buy the game or buy it used a week from now if things like the QB AI and Zone coverage issues are big enough deals. No one is forcing you to buy the game on release day. No one.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:09 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It falls on deaf ears because this community buys the game EVERY YEAR no matter what.

I buy the game because while it isnt perfect, Its solid enough to deserve my $60 each year. The year it wasnt, the first year of CFM, I didnt buy it.

If one year this community took a stand and said "We arent buying the game", I promise you they would take notice. Their sales wouldnt drop significantly but I promise you, EA would take notice and would put some of its focus on getting this community back.

I'm a huge UFC fan and there is only one MMA game for purchase. If that game spent version after version ignoring the additions that offline gamers want, I would quit being a gamechanger and never buy the game.

Its that simple. Dont buy the game or buy it used a week from now if things like the QB AI and Zone coverage issues are big enough deals. No one is forcing you to buy the game on release day. No one.
Well said, I know it's the only NFL game available but if we want to ever see the changes that we want, we're going to have to sacrifice being able to play an NFL game for a year or else EA has no incentive to listen to us
Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #24
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

So let's pretend that all of the "Madden CFM'ers" all came together and decided to not buy the game.

They're probably what...300 dedicated Madden CFM'ers that regularly come on this site?

So 300 people not buying the game would be enough for EA to start giving us the CFM that we want? Heck even if it was 400 people.

Aren't there millions of people that buy Madden every year? What's 400 people less?

*Just saying...*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »