Home

As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

This is a discussion on As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #49
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
As has this conversation.
precisely.

personally, I just hope that the time people invest in this game; testing, modding, adjusting sliders or posting on this forum isn't wasted by EA.

They literally have hundreds upon hundreds of pages of in depth, articulate, passionate information that they have ignored for years and years.

The cold hard truth is that Madden is a badly made game, by a company with no excuses for delivering such a sub par product except greed (not wanting to invest in staff or tech to protect the already crazy profit margins they create on this game.)
Old 08-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #50
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

OVR: 0

/rantOn
I must admit, the red flags are everywhere for Madden 18 for me. I still reserve complete judgement until I've played the thing, but my goodness...

The one thing that I think is going to make or break the game this year for me is getting to play 10 hours with EA Access a week early.

I'm going to spend 5 bucks for a 10 hour trial. After those 10 hours are up, I'll have a really good idea of how the game will play. If I like it, I'll buy it. If it's awful and the legacy issues are just as prevalent as last year, then I'll pass.

I have purchased Madden every year for 20+ years, but it's getting to a point that I just can't stand it any longer.

To me, last years Madden was one of the worst. I still to this date have yet to enjoy it enough to complete multiple seasons in a franchise, and I've always played through many many seasons. It's what I do. It's why I loved this game. I'm strictly an offline franchise player and it appears, unfortunately, that I am part of a dying breed or at least one that is overlooked because I spend 60 bucks on the game, and they never see another dime from me.

MUT packs mean nothing to me. I don't play MUT, I don't enjoy MUT. I don't play online because, frankly, online play is a mostly negative experience for me. Either I play against someone who cheeses the game constantly, or they quit/try to make life miserable until I want to quit. This isn't enjoyable for me, personally.

I'm not a cash cow for Madden/EA so I'm in the group that is pushed aside for the more lucrative ones. I get it. I'm not upset by it. It's a business decision. If I were running a corporation, I'd probably do the same.

But there are issues with the game play that just simply are inexcusable any longer. I realize that (and I'm assuming here) game play changes/fixes are tailored to online competitive play because that's where the money is. I get it, but the offline franchise player is getting the short end of the stick. Honestly, there is even less incentive for me to buy it this year knowing that franchise was not a priority for them, but here I am, 2+ weeks before release, excited to try the game.

I want to love the game, I want to enjoy it. I want to get fully immersed into a franchise where I go to sleep at night and all I can think about is getting up in the morning and diving right back in. I want to pass the time cutting grass by going over the recent weeks game in my head and trying to figure out where to go next. I want to agonize over player personnel decisions. I want to feel invested in the game and in the team I roll with. I want to be obsessed with the game, but I just can't....

I don't want to have to worry about the wind being messed up, or a QB just standing in the pocket and waiting to be cuddled to the ground. I don't want to watch as a defensive lineman dives to make a tackle on a QB and bounces off the ground on his belly and is sucked up into the QB to make a tackle.

I'm currently in a bad relationship with Madden, and I'm trying to make things work, but she just doesn't seem to care...and it hurts, and I can't bring myself to leave her.

/endRant

TL-DR -- EA Access will let me know if I buy the game or not. Getting a 10 hour trial, for me anyway, is huge and if it sucks, I'll let them know by not buying the game.

Last edited by Mav3rek7; 08-14-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I heard that Live was horrible, from ones that have played the demo.
Sorry, no further comment, as Kehlis has suggested to discuss the topic on hand.

And keeping with that suggestion, I do hope they consider addressing it this Madden and do it correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The reason devs won't come near a thread like this is because it has delved into the same discussion nearly every other thread has.

The title says we can't accept the current AI quarterback play, and I don't disagree. Yet that has hardly been discussed in this thread.
Ok but can you address my other point though? We know THEY KNOW about this issue and they won't speak on it, what else could we do other than not buy it? If we can't get a response? And even if the topic of this thread does get off point we all simply WANT the issue to be FIXED or at least acknowledged.

Let me restate the original premise. We as a community CANNOT accept the current CPU QB play, and the "not accepting" part involves not buying the game or buying the game used and I think that is EXTREMELY relevant. I can't say that that's the way other threads should have gone, but this one specifically...How else can I say it? If it was ever justified to say it I think this is the place to say it until we hear from those guys.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #53
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rek7
/rantOn
I must admit, the red flags are everywhere for Madden 18 for me. I still reserve complete judgement until I've played the thing, but my goodness...

The one thing that I think is going to make or break the game this year for me is getting to play 10 hours with EA Access a week early.

I'm going to spend 5 bucks for a 10 hour trial. After those 10 hours are up, I'll have a really good idea of how the game will play. If I like it, I'll buy it. If it's awful and the legacy issues are just as prevalent as last year, then I'll pass.

I have purchased Madden every year for 20+ years, but it's getting to a point that I just can't stand it any longer.

To me, last years Madden was one of the worst. I still to this date have yet to enjoy it enough to complete multiple seasons in a franchise, and I've always played through many many seasons. It's what I do. It's why I loved this game. I'm strictly an offline franchise player and it appears, unfortunately, that I am part of a dying breed or at least one that is overlooked because I spend 60 bucks on the game, and they never see another dime from me.

MUT packs mean nothing to me. I don't play MUT, I don't enjoy MUT. I don't play online because, frankly, online play is a mostly negative experience for me. Either I play against someone who cheeses the game constantly, or they quit/try to make life miserable until I want to quit. This isn't enjoyable for me, personally.

I'm not a cash cow for Madden/EA so I'm in the group that is pushed aside for the more lucrative ones. I get it. I'm not upset by it. It's a business decision. If I were running a corporation, I'd probably do the same.

But there are issues with the game play that just simply are inexcusable any longer. I realize that (and I'm assuming here) game play changes/fixes are tailored to online competitive play because that's where the money is. I get it, but the offline franchise player is getting the short end of the stick. Honestly, there is even less incentive for me to buy it this year knowing that franchise was not a priority for them, but here I am, 2+ weeks before release, excited to try the game.

I want to love the game, I want to enjoy it. I want to get fully immersed into a franchise where I go to sleep at night and all I can think about is getting up in the morning and diving right back in. I want to pass the time cutting grass by going over the recent weeks game in my head and trying to figure out where to go next. I want to agonize over player personnel decisions. I want to feel invested in the game and in the team I roll with. I want to be obsessed with the game, but I just can't....

I don't want to have to worry about the wind being messed up, or a QB just standing in the pocket and waiting to be cuddled to the ground. I don't want to watch as a defensive lineman dives to make a tackle on a QB and bounces off the ground on his belly and is sucked up into the QB to make a tackle.

I'm currently in a bad relationship with Madden, and I'm trying to make things work, but she just doesn't seem to care...and it hurts, and I can't bring myself to leave her.

/endRant

TL-DR -- EA Access will let me know if I buy the game or not. Getting a 10 hour trial, for me anyway, is huge and if it sucks, I'll let them know by not buying the game.
Worst thing is that the gameplay being balanced would probably convert a gamer such as yourself to playing MUT online because conceptually the team building aspect is really cool.

FIFA is a great example of an EA game that has plenty of issues, especially regarding tactics, but the solid-ness and enjoyability of the gameplay means that while career mode is unplayable, FUT or Online Ranked games or even Pro Clubs are fun and have shifted me as a strictly career guy into someone who enjoys those modes and plays them exclusively.

#MakeMaddenGreatAgain
Old 08-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #54
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3rek7
One of the best posts I've ever read
We're Madden soulmates

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-14-2017, 12:01 PM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Ok but can you address my other point though? We know THEY KNOW about this issue and they won't speak on it, what else could we do other than not buy it? If we can't get a response? And even if the topic of this thread does get off point we all simply WANT the issue to be FIXED or at least acknowledged.

Let me restate the original premise. We as a community CANNOT accept the current CPU QB play, and the "not accepting" part involves not buying the game or buying the game used and I think that is EXTREMELY relevant. I can't say that that's the way other threads should have gone, but this one specifically...How else can I say it? If it was ever justified to say it I think this is the place to say it until we hear from those guys.
I'm not sure what you mean by they won't speak on it.

Clint has already said they are looking at, which is better than having it ignored on Twitter.

Clint stated this before this thread was born and I posted it in one or two of the video threads.

I'm not sure what more we can get out of them than that at this point.

In my opinion, it's been acknowledged.

Here is the short Twitter exchange:

Just a concern I noticed: it appears that CPU qbs do not move in the pocket or scramble. Is there a tuning that can fix it?

We're looking at that

Last edited by roadman; 08-14-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 12:19 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3
As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
no demo?

damn was SO close to buying

There has not been a demo for madden since madden 25(in 2013) lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »