Home

As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

This is a discussion on As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #57
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzy678
There has not been a demo for madden since madden 25(in 2013) lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
lol tbh i think that was the last madden i owned before i erroneously pre-ordered M16 when I got a PS4... haven't played Madden since.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 3

I just watched a video of the Miami vs Buffalo. Tannehill gets sacked on THREE consecutive plays. The first sack isn't bad because he at least looks alive. On the next two sacks, he stands there like it's a glitch. No movement at all and there was plenty of room to run on one of the sacks.

I didn't buy Madden from 2003 - 2015. Finally bought the game on PS3 the last two years although they weren't the current versions. This year I wanted to get it for PS4. Is Madden 17 just as bad? If there's not much improvement, then I'll just get the older game cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #59
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I just watched a video of the Miami vs Buffalo. Tannehill gets sacked on THREE consecutive plays. The first sack isn't bad because he at least looks alive. On the next two sacks, he stands there like it's a glitch. No movement at all and there was plenty of room to run on one of the sacks.

I didn't buy Madden from 2003 - 2015. Finally bought the game on PS3 the last two years although they weren't the current versions. This year I wanted to get it for PS4. Is Madden 17 just as bad? If there's not much improvement, then I'll just get the older game cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went from Madden 03 to Madden 10 lol literally played Madden 03 until the day I got my PS3 - updated rosters manually and generally had the most fun playing that game.

Bought every Madden from 10 to 25 and then as my PS3 started to die on me, I left gaming until I bought a PS4 in 2015... Pre-ordered M16 just for the love of football and was put off since.

In all honesty I would recommend just getting Madden 16. Every year since then I have seen zero difference. Although the soundtrack this year definitely is a huge improvement on M16 - which was horrendously bad.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Worst thing is that the gameplay being balanced would probably convert a gamer such as yourself to playing MUT online because conceptually the team building aspect is really cool.

FIFA is a great example of an EA game that has plenty of issues, especially regarding tactics, but the solid-ness and enjoyability of the gameplay means that while career mode is unplayable, FUT or Online Ranked games or even Pro Clubs are fun and have shifted me as a strictly career guy into someone who enjoys those modes and plays them exclusively.

#MakeMaddenGreatAgain

I have thought about fifa and the hockey game before to get my franchise fix since madden is 1999 basic. I have never bothered with them because they are made by ea and my experience with madden shows ea does not care about on depth franchise. Frankly, nba 2k works for me and beyond that I would rather play franchise badminton than another ea sports game. Madden is the only choice of about football game so they have me prisoner there but I don't know if I am even going to bother with a franchise this year.
May just play a bunch of different seasons as different players and see if I can set some single season records. I am going to treat it as an arcade game since madden should be embarrassed to even mutter the word sim at this point.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

To those saying this isn't really that big of a deal, I completely disagree. This is one of the main reasons why the CPU is not competitive at all against the user. The CPU cannot score points consistently when every other drive stalls because of a 10+ yard sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #62
Rookie

They have shown over the years that they are content to release a buggy, broken product, apt to fix it with game breaking tuners and patches, repackage the next year, and do it all again.

What's the definition of insanity?

I'll play my 10 hours and make my buy decision after.

I have purchased every madden since 03. 10 was the last decent one imo.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #63
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I have thought about fifa and the hockey game before to get my franchise fix since madden is 1999 basic. I have never bothered with them because they are made by ea and my experience with madden shows ea does not care about on depth franchise. Frankly, nba 2k works for me and beyond that I would rather play franchise badminton than another ea sports game. Madden is the only choice of about football game so they have me prisoner there but I don't know if I am even going to bother with a franchise this year.
May just play a bunch of different seasons as different players and see if I can set some single season records. I am going to treat it as an arcade game since madden should be embarrassed to even mutter the word sim at this point.
2k MyLeague has so much depth and despite some sim stats and results issues, it plays really well if you wanna dedicate yourself to it. I can only recommend it.

I would avoid FIFA unless they've done something drastic this year.

I've heard The Show has amazing offline play too, but yeah I'm in full agreement I don't trust EA for career modes anymore and only play their games for the online aspects, which is a shame because Online CFM has so much potential and is definitely the best part about Madden since it came onto PS3.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not sure what you mean by they won't speak on it.

Clint has already said they are looking at, which is better than having it ignored on Twitter.

Clint stated this before this thread was born and I posted it in one or two of the video threads.

I'm not sure what more we can get out of them than that at this point.

In my opinion, it's been acknowledged.

Here is the short Twitter exchange:

Just a concern I noticed: it appears that CPU qbs do not move in the pocket or scramble. Is there a tuning that can fix it?

We're looking at that
"They're looking at it." They're looking at it? And what if I told you that's not good enough? I need to hear "yes we see it, yes it's a problem, yes we have plans to fix it" I'm a customer I think yall for get that sometimes like this is not some negotiation here this is *do you want my money or not* you go somewhere to get your car fixed "we're looking at it" is not going to suffice. You need solid evidence and commitment that your issue is going to be solved.

This seems to be an issue that lasted ALL YEAR for M17 and I need to know if EA is willing to let this last into M18, because it's quite simple. If it does, I'm not buying the game and I don't think the people in this community that care about simulation gaming should either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »