Home

As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

This is a discussion on As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #65

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Ok but can you address my other point though? We know THEY KNOW about this issue and they won't speak on it, what else could we do other than not buy it? If we can't get a response? And even if the topic of this thread does get off point we all simply WANT the issue to be FIXED or at least acknowledged.

Let me restate the original premise. We as a community CANNOT accept the current CPU QB play, and the "not accepting" part involves not buying the game or buying the game used and I think that is EXTREMELY relevant. I can't say that that's the way other threads should have gone, but this one specifically...How else can I say it? If it was ever justified to say it I think this is the place to say it until we hear from those guys.

Confused as to what point you would like me, a moderator at OS, to address?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
"They're looking at it." They're looking at it? And what if I told you that's not good enough? I need to hear "yes we see it, yes it's a problem, yes we have plans to fix it" I'm a customer I think yall for get that sometimes like this is not some negotiation here this is *do you want my money or not* you go somewhere to get your car fixed "we're looking at it" is not going to suffice. You need solid evidence and commitment that your issue is going to be solved.

This seems to be an issue that lasted ALL YEAR for M17 and I need to know if EA is willing to let this last into M18, because it's quite simple. If it does, I'm not buying the game and I don't think the people in this community that care about simulation gaming should either.
I get the frustrated customer angle and I'm not happy with the results of this lingering, either.

Go on Twitter and tell all that stuff to Clint.

At the very least, they have acknowledged they are looking at it, instead of radio silence since last year on the matter.

Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #67
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Feels like the same old process of Madden's devs running up against the limitations of the code base, and after progressing in some areas, are just caught in tuning hell. Fix or improve one aspect of the gameplay and it breaks another, or causes a reversion bug, and most of your already short dev time is spent on playing whack-a-mole over gameplay balance versus implementation.

I have no doubt Rex and co. are doing their best, I just feel like Madden is, at its essence, an especially wheezy and crotchety old jumble of code.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #68
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Feels like the same old process of Madden's devs running up against the limitations of the code base, and after progressing in some areas, are just caught in tuning hell. Fix or improve one aspect of the gameplay and it breaks another, or causes a reversion bug, and most of your already short dev time is spent on playing whack-a-mole over gameplay balance versus implementation.

I have no doubt Rex and co. are doing their best, I just feel like Madden is, at its essence, an especially wheezy and crotchety old jumble of code.
I would love for them to take 2-3 years off and just rebuild the entire thing from the ground up.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
"They're looking at it." They're looking at it? And what if I told you that's not good enough? I need to hear "yes we see it, yes it's a problem, yes we have plans to fix it" I'm a customer I think yall for get that sometimes like this is not some negotiation here this is *do you want my money or not* you go somewhere to get your car fixed "we're looking at it" is not going to suffice. You need solid evidence and commitment that your issue is going to be solved.

This seems to be an issue that lasted ALL YEAR for M17 and I need to know if EA is willing to let this last into M18, because it's quite simple. If it does, I'm not buying the game and I don't think the people in this community that care about simulation gaming should either.
That is a poor example. You havent purchased the game yet. To use your example, you want to buy a car and have been told that there are some issues with it that the dealer is trying to figure out how to fix.

Now if you buy that car, you cant complain about the issues because you willingly bought the car knowing there were issues and only with a promise that it would get looked into. You could wait to see if those issues are fixed down the line and buy the car then. Or you could wait and buy the car from someone else for cheaper because you are unhappy with how the dealer responded to the issue.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I would love for them to take 2-3 years off and just rebuild the entire thing from the ground up.
I would love if they could fix all the legacy issues....neither of those things will happen.

Also there is no guarantee that rebuilding is the answer. EA has taken off years to rebuild Live and it still is below average.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #71
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I think because of the lineplay, the issue looks worse that it actually is. There is no collapsing pocket as the back end has things locked up. Instead a random DL breaks through runs right into the QB's vision for 5 yards while the QB just stands there.

Why doesn't the QB throw the ball away or scramble you say? Because then there just wouldn't be alot of sacks. Again, I believe the CPU QB AI is bad but it's also a bit of a means to an ends.

CPU QB AI is tough to tune though. Too good and it's robo QB, too bad it's a situation to what we have now.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 1

Clint wants us to buy the game and then complain after they have our money and zero reason to fix it as we are the whiner offline cfm'ers ...
is that the same for the borker zone defence or the 6 other things that wont work as they should or as intended at launch (that number randomly generated off a 12 sided die) but would be in line with historical performance

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »