Home

Is the wind in CFM still broken?

This is a discussion on Is the wind in CFM still broken? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 12:59 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Unhappy Re: Is the wind in CFM still broken?

The wind meter not working should be embarrassing enough to have gotten patched in the first place. It's unbelievable they still haven't fixed it. It's embarrassing.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:58 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is the wind in CFM still broken?

I'm serious when I ask this.
What happens from year to year...do the start building the next year's game from the OOTB version from the previous year?
I ask because it seems this happens a lot, where something that was PATCHED the previous year is unpatched the following year, such as the wind issue.
It's shocking to me that these little, but important stupid issues persist year after year. Don't they remember what was patched last year, and check to make sure it isn't a lingering issue the following year?
It's really starting be get ridiculous, imo.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 05:32 AM   #19
Rookie

daze21's Arena

It makes you think it'd be better to chose having the wind in the 4th.

you don;t really do the coin toss anymore but the arrows when you did just pointed up and were really unhelpful.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #20
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Can it be broken if it's intended to be that way?

All kidding aside this was something they did and talked about it M15 because prior to that I don't think wind ever mattered so the response was to make every outdoors game have 7-10+ mph wind. I agree though, definitely needs to be tweaked because of the issues it causes with the CPU skying 10 yard punts into strong winds and also attempting 60-yard field goals at inappropriate times.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

All kidding aside this was something they did and talked about it M15 because prior to that I don't think wind ever mattered so the response was to make every outdoors game have 7-10+ mph wind. I agree though, definitely needs to be tweaked because of the issues it causes with the CPU skying 10 yard punts into strong winds and also attempting 60-yard field goals at inappropriate times.
Yeah, if last year was ever any indication that the wind is messed up in the game, then I don't know what is. Punts going 10 yards in one quarter, and then 75 yards in the next quarter. Teams being forced to punt from their opponents 30 yard line in one quarter, and then booming 60+ yard field goals in the next quarter.

You just want to rap on cube of anybody play testing this and be like "Do you think that this is normal...?"

It's like, that code went into a shipped product, and nobody thought to say "Y'know... this is wrong."

I've said it in other threads before, but this is a prime example of something EA could have spared themselves the trouble (and cost) of shipping bugs into the game if they had allowed people at EA Play and other events to upload gameplay footage back in June. I'm sure this bug was present in June, and if anybody could upload gameplay footage back in June then it would have been caught immediately, and then they'd have ~2 months to at least strategize how they could add this into an upcoming patch. Instead, the videos are all held back with strong NDA, not allowing anybody to share any details, and the first CFM video finally comes out ~5 days before the product hits customers hands, and we all immediately find plenty of bugs from just watching videos.

It's as if EA doesn't understand the concept in software development that shipping bugs costs more money than trying to prevent the public from noticing bugs until you sell the product. Finding bugs is a good thing, bug reports in software development are good things. They're not bad things. People on this website, YouTube, Twitter, and elsewhere, are reporting bugs, let them do free QE work for you all the time and you'll make more money in the end. Shipped bugs will always cost more money to fix than bugs caught (by anybody!) in pre-release.

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-15-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #22
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

I've been seeing some strange things lately.

Are others experiencing issues with the wind in Madden 19?

Old 08-26-2018, 06:40 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

I think it’s ridiculous that it’s 2018 and we still do not get a weather forecast for any of the games. It literally is a part of every nfl game we watch and on all the pre game shows. I don’t know why that is hard to implement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #24
Rookie

yea they need to figure that out like asap... its almost a game breaking issue to an extent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »