Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Steelers vs. Cowboys (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Steelers vs. Cowboys (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Steelers vs. Cowboys (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaink
Why can't Madden ever seem to get it correct, at the 3:25 mark when the Steelers fumble and the offensive team member picks up the ball the whistle blows immediately and the player who picked the ball up wasn't even down. Madden has done that for several years now and that's not correct that Steeler player should have been able to continue on after that.
Because rules and all:

Article 6 Fumble After Two-Minute Warning. If a fumble by either team occurs after the two-minute warning:

(a) The ball may be advanced by any opponent.

(b) The player who fumbled is the only player of his team who is permitted to recover and advance the ball.

(c) If the recovery or catch is by a teammate of the player who fumbled, the ball is dead, and the spot of the next snap is

the spot of the fumble, or the spot of the recovery if the spot of the recovery is behind the spot of the fumble.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:51 AM   #10
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

At 2:41, I really liked Elliot's blitz pickup. He realized that the Dlineman was being blocked so he moved on and blocked Dak's weaksode. He still got sacked but I think the initial blitz pickup was nice.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 08-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

I'm one of the bigger optimists here, even though I generally don't post a lot. But this video gave me actual pause for the first time...

Dallas kept coming out in that weird formation with only 3 lineman, and for what seemed like an entire drive they ran handoff after handoff from that formation & Elliot racked up 10 yard gains every time. How is it possible to run with only 3 lineman in front of you? I've never seen this formation in Madden before, but I don't care for it. Looks like the D was tricked into "covering" the lineman who lined up wide, leaving nobody to tackle Elliot except the safety's.

I have to be missing something. I've been up since 4am so maybe my brain is missing something obvious?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Because rules and all:

Article 6 Fumble After Two-Minute Warning. If a fumble by either team occurs after the two-minute warning:

(a) The ball may be advanced by any opponent.

(b) The player who fumbled is the only player of his team who is permitted to recover and advance the ball.

(c) If the recovery or catch is by a teammate of the player who fumbled, the ball is dead, and the spot of the next snap is

the spot of the fumble, or the spot of the recovery if the spot of the recovery is behind the spot of the fumble.

Sorry, I understand that rule but this type of result also occurs at other times in the game and the same thing happens including outside of the 2 minute mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »