Home

John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts)

This is a discussion on John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #65
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They did this and they determined a large amount of people wanted play now live, but as you see those here do not necessarily appreciate that. Remember this group here isn't the majority of CFM users, in fact it is a small minority of the total population. As he explains many people play CFM different ways, and what one group sees as an essential feature is unnecessary and a waste to others.

By proposing ideas and people/CFMs attaching their name to it, they can better start framing out what demographics really want what. I get that some people are dejected with the advancements over the last couple years, but in other groups the advancements have been big hits. It is just hard to really get perspective without seeing how many people actually play CFM and how few are actually vocal about it here or on social.
Quick question. And possibly you may not know the answer. I understand that operation sports is only a small portion of their fan base. But do casual fans interact a ton with the developers. Do they request certain features and point out bugs. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, so please don't take it that way. But I would have to bet that the majority of requests and feedback comes from the smaller die hard fans from here or other sites than the casuals. So when they say one of the most asked feature was something I don't remember reading about a ton on here, Twitter, or other sites...it just seems off to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Quick question. And possibly you may not know the answer. I understand that operation sports is only a small portion of their fan base. But do casual fans interact a ton with the developers. Do they request certain features and point out bugs. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, so please don't take it that way. But I would have to bet that the majority of requests and feedback comes from the smaller die hard fans from here or other sites than the casuals. So when they say one of the most asked feature was something I don't remember reading about a ton on here, Twitter, or other sites...it just seems off to me.
No, that is a completely fair question. I am trying to get some stats of their user base how "they" see it. I know they do a lot of focus groups and play testing of "regular" people too. This is something I think they could do a better job of explaining, just how many people sit in certain groups and how do they interact with each group.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #67
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Deuce's blog is in play, but what part of it should be first? It's not all going to just pop up in one or even two releases. That is more my point, it was a great large picture proposal but everyone has to get on board with where do you start or else be okay with anything is okay.
not trying to be rude but I've said this many a time that this is simply not our responsibility as consumers.

That is what this dude gets PAID to do. to figure out the best way we can incrementally get CFM to resemble Deuce's post.

The blueprint is there, it is his JOB to build it.

If John White were to say we will work towards delivering Deuce's vision of CFM in the next 4 games, and every year we see them working towards that, then there will be zero complaints. Guaranteed.

We will only assist him in working through kinks and things that don't work.

It is the complete absence of a vision for the mode that makes this so disheartening.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:49 AM   #68
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Duece's mock up was fantastic, but like T4Verts said, we aren't the only game in town.

Shopmaster put up a list to vote on once Dueces's mock up circulated on Twitter and I'm sure there are other sites. He said in the interview that he has a list from someone that has about 100 items long and which items goes first?

So, they will collect all the information from every source they have and start making their decisions based on all those sources.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
not trying to be rude but I've said this many a time that this is simply not our responsibility as consumers.

That is what this dude gets PAID to do. to figure out the best way we can incrementally get CFM to resemble Deuce's post.

The blueprint is there, it is his JOB to build it.

If John White were to say we will work towards delivering Deuce's vision of CFM in the next 4 games, and every year we see them working towards that, then there will be zero complaints. Guaranteed.

We will only assist him in working through kinks and things that don't work.

It is the complete absence of a vision for the mode that makes this so disheartening.
Well they can't say that specifically for legal reasons, it is actually one of the reasons they generally don't take "ideas" from consumers. You can say it's not your job to design the game, but at the same time you can't expect them to read your mind. You don't have to design it, but you can collectively tell them what this community prioritizes.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #70
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I can tell you, as a commissioner of a 32 man league since 2010, what you touched on in the interview is my number 1. Commissioner override settings for user assists like ball hawk, heat seeker, ball carrier auto moves. Currently no way to regulate that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
I've been commish of a league since 2011 and feel exactly the same. I was shocked to hear John say he never heard we want those types of options. How can you have a fair playing field if you can't make sure everyone has the same user assist settings or none at all?
The commissioner should have the following options for each "User Assist" setting:
Set on
Set off
Follow user settings

There's no reason that should have to be detailed any further. The commissioner should have the control to override anything that could make gameplay easier.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 08-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #71
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
No, that is a completely fair question. I am trying to get some stats of their user base how "they" see it. I know they do a lot of focus groups and play testing of "regular" people too. This is something I think they could do a better job of explaining, just how many people sit in certain groups and how do they interact with each group.
Got ya. That is for sharing the interview, lots of stuff in there. You enthusiasm for the game and the mode showed throughout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #72
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I've been commish of a league since 2011 and feel exactly the same. I was shocked to hear John say he never heard we want those types of options. How can you have a fair playing field if you can't make sure everyone has the same user assist settings or none at all?
The commissioner should have the following options for each "User Assist" setting:
Set on
Set off
Follow user settings

There's no reason that should have to be detailed any further. The commissioner should have the control to override anything that could make gameplay easier.
Yeah it seems pretty simple to me. I want the ability to turn on/off any assists that would aid the user. I don't think it's too complicated or would take too much effort to add but maybe I'm wrong.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »