Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-15-2017, 06:25 PM   #17
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

1. Ability to easily control all 32 teams without having to switch from one 'character' to another. Example would be able to quickly go through each team in the scheme section and if you have control of that team, be able to modify those settings without having to exit out, hit R3, wait for new coach/owner to come-up, then go back into the scheme again.
2. The ability to assign custom playbooks as the default playbook for each team.
3. The addition of and the ability to edit coach traits (including offensive/defensive aggression, sub frequency, run pass ratio, even RB carry split). This should be tied into both roster edits (allowing them to be shared online via file share like they were on NCAA 14) AND be editable once a franchise is started.
4. Addition of coordinators who offer modest boosts to facets of team performance based on their abilities and skills. One possible model would be from NCAA 14 but I would prefer something a little more in-depth.
5. Overhaul of confidence system which makes it more dynamic based on team performance, player performance, and player morale factors. Full 0-100 range should utilized. Morale to be based on multiple factors including contract status, playing time/location on depth chart, performance, quality of coaching, team performance, etc.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:26 PM   #18
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

1. Assistant Coaches and Position Coaches: adds so much to the depth and immersion. It would allow a greater degree of differentiation between teams, with different coordinators and position coaches having different boosts/negative affects on their position/side of the ball.

2. Scouting: scouting is extremely boring in Madden now. NBA 2K has done this beautifully, where you can see a players basic strengths and weaknesses, then you can scout him and unlock his actual abilities, and the degree of accuracy depends on your scout (which ties back in to adding bigger coaching staffs). It would also be nice to see a players college stat totals add up throughout the season.

3. Player Contracts: I would like to see the actual CBA implemented, with restricted free agents, unguarenteed contracts, and the ability to structure contracts differently and to potentially restructuring contracts to add salary cap room.

4. Better Stats: this includes better stat tracking during the season, like more realistic simulation stats, drops and deflections are accurately recorded etc, but also being able to view stats from previous seasons more easily. This could also include new stat categories like advanced stats, specifically for teams and different stat splits.

5. Immersion: this is a big, broad category. I would like to see a better halftime show, perhaps with league scores like NCAA 14, a weekly wrap up or a postgame show, and a better interface when not in game. A bottom ticker previewing league matchups (or showing game scores after a game is played) or highlighting different player stats/awards would go a long way to increasing the immersive feel of franchise.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 08-15-2017, 06:31 PM   #19
MVP

Toupal's Arena

1. Customize/ Share Draft Classes:
- Give us full control of editing players before the draft. Allow us to set sliders for the quality and depth of the draft class.
- More in depth scouting such as college awards and stats. I want to hear commentary about former heisman winner in my season

2. Assistant Coaches/ Coaching Pool:
- Coordinators and position coaches are a must with the ability to fully edit coaches
- Coaching Free Agency so you can hire/ fire coaches in the middle of the season
- Retired players become coaches

3. Historical Stat/ Award Tracking:
- Season awards and records are viewable all the way back to the NFL beginning 1920 Season.
- Player cards show stats and awards for player by season and what team they were on.
- More records are tracked and they have an actual legacy score to compete with other players for the HOF.

4. Uniform/ Stadium Creator:
- Similar to NCAA's teambuilder website. Let us build a stadium, jerseys, and do relocation from scratch. Let us build our own unique stadium that can be shared and viewable by others.

5. Presentation Update By Season:
- Commentary always needs to be up to date, and I want to see it carry on into year 2, 3 , 4 and plus. If the Bengals win the 2018 Super Bowl, I want to hear them referred to as defending super bowl champs in the 2019 season.
- With that, I want to see the stadiums/ championship banners update with championships
Old 08-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #20
Rookie

This category is the same as Team Manager for me:

1. Playbook Knowledge rating/mechanism - overall gist: players have dominant scheme/prior experience; rookies and free agents with no previous experience have to go thru a learning curve - ties into AWR/PRC; impacts on drafting, free agency, chemistry, depth chart, trades, pre-season, practices, progression/regression

2. Assistant Coaches - w/impact on team building (minimum OC,DC,ST) - impacts drafting, free agency, chemistry, progression/regression, pre-season, practices, depth chart

3. Chemistry - similar to what is in MUT already, more detail the better, positions that rely on chemistry to succeed as a team (QB/WR, RB/OL, QB/OL, LB/DL, CB/S etc.

4. Expanded Contracts - to include multiple types seen in today's NFL as well as RFA, ERFA. (to keep a RPG element - incentive contracts to replace the current goal XP)

5. Customizable Draft Classes - including sliders for customizing
Old 08-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

1. Game breaks and/or weekly highlight show - In season games have game breaks showing highlights/big play from games around the league. Also a weekly highlight show ALA NFL Primetime.

2. Assistant Coaching Staff - The full monty. Coordinators, position coaches which add or deduct from our overall team ratings, also training staff to enhance or hurt you in injury recovery. All can be hired and fired as well.

3. Injuries - What I want to see is a dynamic injury system with body parts, progressive injuries that can worsen if trying to play through them (Think Head Coach 09) also absolutely we need lingering injuries where they have a true injury list of questionable and doubtful and tie this into the league news each week. If you play a guy questionable his injury can linger longer and may lead to worsen.

4. Mass Subs option - Just like on the old NCAA series. We need this for blowouts to get our backups some playing time and accomplish this is an easy manner. No reason not to have this feature.

5. Vastly improved CPU Front Office and Coaching AI in CFM - They should be able to make logical and realistic lineup decisions, free agency signings and draft picks. Not starting Dez Bryant as a primary KR for example. Having a RB rotation like in the real NFL. Please improve AI!!!!!
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #22
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

All 5 of mine are centered around the immersion factor.

1. Weekly Wrap-Up Show
- shows box scores around the league, injuries, trades, story lines, draft stuff, play off scenarios, league leaders, stuff like that.

2. Historical Stat/ Award Tracking: (credit to Toupal)
- Season awards and records are viewable all the way back to the NFL beginning 1920 Season.
- Player cards show stats and awards for player by season and what team they were on.
- More records are tracked and they have an actual legacy score to compete with other players for the HOF

3. Smarter AI - on and off the field.
- if a player is struggling mid way through the season bench him for a rookie. Especially QBs when teams are out of the playoff race
- have star players be the focus each week

4. Have stuff relevant to your CFM during loading screens. No more XP Goals
- have stuff like team leaders for both teams, who played well last week, Standings, historical records vs each other (similar to the last NCAA)

5. Ability to easily control all 32 teams without having to switch from one 'character' to another. (Credit Josh C)
- Example would be able to quickly go through each team in the scheme section and if you have control of that team, be able to modify those settings without having to exit out, hit R3, wait for new coach/owner to come-up, then go back into the scheme again.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #23
MVP

1) CPU gameplay absolutely must be improved, with players playing true to their ratings and sensible CPU game management taking place.

2) CPU gameplans need a complete overhaul. Each team should feel different when playing against them.

3) Coaching is important. Give us at least 15 playcall windows per each gameplan situation rather than a ridiculous 9. Most of us don't like to have to formation fumble through our playbooks when in game.

4) Practice is important. Therefore, allow us to have our gameplan show up in practice mode. See Madden 12! Add a situational playcall mode so we can work on 2 minute drills, 3rd short, etc....

5) Allow for us to scout our opponents top 20 plays, while giving the CPU the ability to do the same.

Thank you for doing this T4Verts

Last edited by edgevoice; 08-15-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #24
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Top 5 Features:

1. Full coaching staffs - OC, DC, WR, RB, OL, DL, DB, ST, CB, S etc. Have coaches get hired, fired and even have a coaching carousel like NCAA had. It wasn't the most realistic but it worked.

2. Completely revamped draft/scouting mechanics. No more seeing letter grades instead have full scouting reports that have some variations based on how good your scouts/GM is. This would create a system with actual draft busts/gems.

3. Ditch the XP system. Tie progression into what actually happens on the field, not winning awards (which are often flawed to begin with).

4. Relocation - Have a full relocation suite that mirrors what NHL is doing. Allow the user to select everything themselves from the city to the team name to the logo. No more being tied into 3 crappy choices. Also allow a full set of custom uniforms (home, away, color rush home, color rush away, and two alternates) with the ability to use the uniforms of the team you moved from.

5. Make the rest of the league matter. Right now CFM is a single team experience for me. I really have no clue what is happening in the league around me. I am not going to dig through pointless tweets to find out either. Have a weekly recap show, mock drafts, draft recap, etc etc etc).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »