Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

1) Coordinators - Can't just be cosmetic. Must have an impact on schemes and play calling.

2) Dynamic injuries - I would like to see more injuries have an impact on ratings and long term impact of some injuries.

3) Chemistry - Schemes and players with different skill sets should have an impact on how well teams work together.

4) Added traits - The more player differentiating the better.

5) Progression/regression - I would like to see this improved upon. Not sure if xp is the best way of going about it.

Cheating a bit but improved CPU AI is a must!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 10:08 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

1. Make Player Age affect their abilities on the football field

2. After winning the Super Bowl for your team, make it where the fans can buy the jersey at anytime throughout the season, not just off season

3. Make it, where you can relocate or rebuild stadium at anytime, without waiting for rating to drop

4. Better presentation for pre-game and post-game

5. Dynamic Injuries, show x-ray of where the injury is located on the football player and perform surgery on the injured area
Old 08-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #27
Rookie

1. Coaches - Adding coordinators and/or position coaches who have an impact on player performance, development, and more.

2. Hide-able ratings - Various options for hidden ratings in franchise. Options including fully visible (how it is now), fully hidden, letter grades/ranges, and a progressive system that reveals and narrows ratings towards their true value as players age and/or remain on a team for multiple years. Would add a lot of intrigue to comparing competing players on the depth chart - might make practice a huge part of franchise.

3. Training camp - adding more/different ways to develop and evaluate players with training camp. Should be different/unique from regular training.

4. Editable draft classes - Allow draft classes to be edited by users and also exported to be shared, downloaded, and incorporated into franchises.

5. Revamped progression/regression/xp system (or lack thereof) - To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what an ideal system would look like, but the current system of xp feels cheesy and has some logic flaws.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:07 PM   #28
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

A lot of good ideas so far in this thread, so I'll try to go with a few that haven't been mentioned.

1. Team/Coach Philosophies and Positional Importance
This was a big part of my franchises on PS2/Xbox. Schemes add a small layer to this already with ratings boosts. But I shouldn't have to play all 16 games to manually play a run-first offense, use both running backs or prioritize my 99-rated tight end over my 75-rated receivers. Sliders should determine simulation stats for teams that want to run a certain offense, or, better yet, determine the type of offense an AI team runs against you in-game.

2. Revamped Practice Squad
Retuning the practice squad feature to better mimic real-life NFL rules may be what needs to happen next. I'm not an expert on the actual rules but there's a games-played threshold that CFM could easily implement based on info in the player card stats. Also, we should be notified if a team's in negotiations with one of our PS players. Bidding wars could theoretically begin over these players using the same logic present in offseason Free Agency.

3. Customizable In-Game CFM Broadcast Presentation
It's already a great idea to toggle on/off the score ticker and XP notifications. I'd almost take it one step further and implement an MLB The Show styled "broadcast package" to cater to any type of player. "Video Game" for those who want heads up displays, extreme closeups and on-screen XP gains, "Hybrid/Custom" for those who want a customizable experience and "True Broadcast" with real-life stadium angles and increased amounts of stat banners, commentator anecdotes and in-game cutaways. And if anyone wants their own experience, put every presentation option on a yes or no toggle (or a none/some/frequent for replays and stat banners).

4. Expand Larry Ridley's Role as Studio Host (pre-game, halftime, cutaways, post-game, weekly wrap?)
Some Madden fans aren't that fond of Larry but I think he does a pretty good job in the really limited amount of things he presents. I think it has less to do with his voice acting and more to do with the technology/direction. Give him his own 3D model and have him host an interactive pre-game with dynamic commentary. Have him break in like NCAA 14's Rece Davis every other drive with relevant full-screen score updates (kind of like what Brandon and Charles are doing in audio format only this year). Expand halftime coverage to something similar to NBA Live and its specific, skippable stats and highlight reels. Bring back the old post-game highlight reel including the player of the game and break down his stats. Finally, if time allows, have Larry break down the top plays and games of the week in the menu. Replay data could be automatically saved and uploaded to the cloud/hard drive after every game and loaded into the highlight reel after the commissioner force advances.

5. "Virtual Director" and Expanded Real-Time Presentation (as in FIFA series)
Since FIFA 14 on next-gen, everything in the FIFA series happens in real time. Madden's been trying to reverse this trend in recent years, but still relies on canned cutscenes and assumes every player skips things over. In FIFA, players get showcased if they're in form, disgruntled, coming off a great performance or recently acquired. The camera often goes back to these players after big plays, no matter where they may be on the field (e.g. if Pogba makes a great tackle, they'll go back and show it the next stoppage). Show opposing QB's on the sideline with their headsets on. Show the injured starting QB barking orders to his backup. Show the embarrassment in the eyes of a burned defensive back after a big gain or the reaction of the quarterback whose interception lead to his opponent's go-ahead TD. It happens every once in a while, but not very often. (I know this is much more of a nuts-and-bolts suggestion rather than a franchise suggestion but I work in sports broadcasting and there's a lot of stuff Madden gets wrong compared to other games on the market...but it also does a lot of things right, and it really needs to build on that potential instead of scrapping it just to look "new"...EA's own FIFA is a great place to draw inspiration from in that regard).
Old 08-15-2017, 11:09 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

1. Move XP system to under the hood, replace user end with directed progression, e.g. tell WR to work on playing physical gives added weight to things like rls, CIT, etc. Reintroduce Potential, make it completely hidden. Keep development speed

2. Custom draft classes.

3. Meaningful coaching staffs. No OC that gives +2 to THP. Coaches have traits, personalities, and strategies that set them apart.

4. Vastly improved AI at every level of game. AI teams that can adapt to you, teams/coach that may employ different strategies for the same thing (e.g. CB following #1 WR, defense mirroring offense (sam/will))

5. Realistic injury system. E.g. following injury, report says could miss 4-8 weeks, actual time depends on player. Never an exact length given, anything less than 3 weeks uses doubtful, questionable, probable
Old 08-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #30
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

Top 5 Features:
1. (Coordinators/assistant coaches) – (Ratings should be affected by who you have as an assistant coach/coordinator. It could be cool seeing teams request to interview your assistant coach for a head coaching job.)
2. (Player Morale system that replaces confidence) – (Confidence isn't that deep and doesn't do too much. Build a player morale system preferably close to the one MLB The Show has.)
3. (Relocation Changes) – (Let us pick any uniform/brand we want for any of the available Cities. Im tired of being tied to only 3 team names per city. Player Morale should be heavily affected if you relocate.)
4. (More Relocation Stadiums) – (I dont see why we can't move to any of the Draft Champions stadiums they have in the game.)
5. (More CFM specific Commentary) – (The commentators should acknowledge if I just benched my QB or fired my Coach/Coordinator.)
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Old 08-16-2017, 12:47 AM   #31
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Top 5 Cfm features

1. (Controller Select mid game) - Allows user to select what team they are from the pause menu mid game. This allows the user to play for both offenses.

2. ( OC/DC Additions) - Add offensive and defensive coordinators onto the coaching staffs.

3. ( Coaching Carousel) - just like the feature from NCAA football

4. (More Playbooks for generate coaches) - Create more playbooks so generated coaches can have their own unique feel and style to their coaching.

5. (More realistic regression) - Similar to madden 17 except slightly toned down. No artificial cap though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 12:57 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

1. No more XP - Develop a realistic system with realistic variation from player to player for progression and regression. Different players peak at different times.
2. Weather/stadium select - Simple, let us pick the weather and stadium for each game we play. I love the Vikings. I hate playing in domes.
3. CFM roster AI – Have the AI look at the overall build of their team more realistically. No more drafting 4 QBs in one draft. No more being able to sign and trade them 5 FSs because they needed one.
4. Hidden ratings - At the start of each CFM randomize the ratings, making veterans stay very close to their original ratings and rookies and younger guys have more variation. Make us scout other players we will go up against or are thinking of trading for to find out their ratings. For our own team this will make preseason games and practices actually matter as we figure out our own team, and as time goes on our estimated ratings get more accurate (so at the beginning of the year Dalvin Cook's tackle breaking is listed as 70-83, by the end it might be 79-82.)
5. Expanded coaching roles - Add OC/DC and preferably a couple more coaching spots as well. Have the coach matter as to which offenses work better and player development.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »