Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-16-2017, 01:23 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

1.) Improved depth charts, Nickel corner should have it's on position in the depth chart, so should slot wide reciever, these are key important positions in offenses and defenses that Madden doesn't recognize. Also long snapper should have it's own position on the depth chart. Also gunner and any other major unrecognized position on depth charts.

2.) Depth charts should be universal I should be allowed to play any person at any position I see fit. If I want my big athletic DT to come in for a few plays and run block for my HB as a FB that should be allowed. If I wanna run a 3 TE set run play and use only 1 TE I should be allowed to make my OL those 2 extra TE in order to block better. Basically there should be no limit to who I want to play and align where. If I have a WR I wanna play more as a RB it should be allowed without me having to change their position, to do this I believe stamina and positional stats would have to be really important because we don't wont people cheesing and playing their most athletic players 2 ways

3.) In depth statistics & more analytics... I want stats overload I wanna know my stats and ypg rushing to the right side of the field, ypg to the left side of the field, ypg in the middle, I wanna know my RB stats for ypg between the tackles, outside runs, zone runs, toss plays, I wanna be able to break down and dissect every stat possible... If statically my QB is much better on roll out plays I wanna know this. If he is better in shotgun I wanna know this, I wanna know pass rushers QB pressures, hurries and hits. Sacks have become a stat of the past although still important but still don't do justice to some of the great pass rushers and we need stats that justify all of these things. I want stats on my QB when throwing the slant, when throwing short plays , when throwing 10 yards or more, I wanna know everything possible about stats, also I want history when it comes to my stats I wanna be able to go back and look over my rookie QB who his now a 10yr vet and see all these stats for his whole career. I really want a in depth statistics similar to what Pro Football Focus does and I dont think it's too much to ask, look at how MLB the Show crams in every baseball statistic possible. This would be great.

4.) I think this is a given but Editable draft classes, as big and important as football off-season is it is unexplainable why this isn't already done ,this would make the game so much better because 16 games isn't that long In Madden I usually can go 10 to 15yrs deep into my franchise and if I was able to edit and have somewhat realistic draft classes that would make my immersion as a player that much better.

5.) Real life CBA, contracts, salaries, Madden's whole contract system has never came close to resembling real life NFL, I want the ability to franchise tag players transition tag players,I want the 5th year option to be able to accept or decline it for first round picks. I want players to hold out if they feel they deserve more money, I want incentives in contracts i.e you make the pro bowl you get a extra 2mil and etc.... mike Glennon got a 3yr contract 48mil but after this first season of the Bears cut him it will only cost them 4mil in dead money I want the ability to sign those type of contracts in Madden, realistic contracts.

6.) Auto-subs and stamina need to be way more important, Football is the biggest team sport there is yet Madden has never really made it that for years on Madden I would trade away good depth players for better starters because depth doesn't matter on Madden except in the case of injuries other than that their is no need to have 4 good OLBs in a 3-4 defense or 3 good DEs in a 4-3 defense because in Madden their isn't a pass rush rotation. That needs to change depth needs to become important players need to fatigue and not play well if not given the proper rest. Auto subs should work I should be able to set it up where player A plays 60% player B plays 20% player C plays 20% all at the same position.

7.) Deeper Formation subs that work better, sometimes in Madden 17 formation subs work sometimes they don't. But I want better formation subs i want formation subs for passing downs say my dime 3-4 defense is akiem Hicks De Eddie Goldman NT Jonathan Bullard DE LOLB Pernell McpHee MLB Freeman MLB Trevathan ROLB Floyd but it's 3rd and 15 so I know their passing so instead I want more pass rushers and better coverage players i.e a Passing 3-4 dime formation subs which would be Akiem Hicks DE LAMAR Houston NT Bullard DE MCPHee LOLB Adrian Amos MLB Trevathan MLB Floyd ROLB so I want formation subs broken down basically into specific situations so I can already have them pre- set oh I think they may try a run on this 3rd & 15 becaus3 their up so I go to my 3-4 dime run protection formation subs.

8.) Offense & defensive players improved A.I on broken plays, on broken plays in Madden 17 if it's a WR running a streak route and he finished his route he will turn around and run back to the QB, the defender who is in man to man will totally loose him and it will be a easy deep completion, or on broken plays man coverage the RB stays in to block and the linebacker who is covering the said RB will just stand there and do nothing and just mirror the RB movement but won't stop and become a pass rusher or drop back and become a pass defender basically taking himself out the play. Madden needs to improve on this that linebacker needs to know that if his man stays in to help block to then rush the QB or drop into coverage to help others but to do something and not sit there in idle mode. Also receivers need to do a better job of getting open for their QB but they do a decent job now but could still be better. But defenders when a pass play goes on to long they totally get lost and have no clue what to do and that has to change.

9.) Zone coverages need improvement, too many times in Madden 17 I will run a zone and a defender will sit and literally do nothing if there is no offensive player near or by their zone. Which should not happen defenders should know if no one is close to their zone to adjust and move to the nearest receiver possible, i.e I'm in cover 2 the play is a deep play 2 guys running streaks on opposite sides of field slot WR running a post to sidelines and te running out to sidelines. The corner back on the opposite side line after his man runs the streak no one is near him so he will just sit there now it's a broken play the streak guy is coming back torwards qb and that CB sitting idle is doing nothing giving up easy completion, that has to change zone awareness and coverage ability has to improve drastically.

10.) QB accuracy should matter I should not be able to throw for 80% completion percentage with Brock Osewiler every game plain and simple.

11.) 30 team control it needs to be way easier for user to switch between teams their controlling, I recommend taking a look at the way 2K does theirs it literally is a simple move of the right stick left or right and your controlling a different team.

12.) Easy to read and acess menus, it needs to be way simpler for me to get to NFL schedule standings stats and etc. Menus need a complete overall. Again 2K does a great job at this they have tons of information easy and simple to get to.

13.) Sliders need to be effective and matter. I understand you all make the game to be played by everyone, but for us super SIM heads who love to play at the hardest and most realistic level , sliders need to be effective and create change when we use them, for me I help my buddy Jarrod with his all Madden sliders every year and it seems like you guides basically make it where some sliders barely have any effect at all and every year we are having to tune things to 90 and 100 to even notice a difference that needs to change.

14.) Some type of Value system to offset the overall system that shows how important a player is to a certain franchise, for instance Ronald Darby a decent CB recently traded by the bills due to the fact that in the new coaching staffs scheme his abilities weren't valued as much. So scheme fit & value needs to happen and be accounted for every team and player

15.) More realistic Free agency I shouldn't have 73 and 74ovr players asking or expecting 3-4yr deals during free agency it needs to be more realistic as far as what players are wanting and getting offered. Players should take roles into account when they accept contracts. Teams should do the same. Role, scheme, team fit, age, rather this a rebuilding team or championship contender all of this needs to be taken into account during free agency.

16.) Roles players have roles there is the blocking TE, the slot WR, you guys already have this to a certain extent but I think It should matter more and be forefront, their is no reason a 3-4 run stopping DE should be signing up with a 4-3 team to play DE. Teams and organizations need roles too i.e the browns 3-5yr rebuild same could be said of BEARS. This should effect teams free agent acquisitions and who they target who they re-sign and etc...Patriots Perennial championship contender this means their more aggressive signing players who can help right now no matter the age.... 2K again does a great job of this for reference.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Operation Sports mobile app

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose

Last edited by jfinger2013; 08-16-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:23 AM   #34
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0

Top 5:

1. Coaches. Coaches.Coaches. Look at head coach 09, NCAA 14, and nba2k for a good start. Go farther than that. Offensive coordinators should have sliders or set preferences or percentages. Inside run, run out of gun, shotgun pass, no huddle, play actions. And etc you should feel the difference each game you play. And then tie it into new free agent acquisitions, and rookie drafting. You sign a big time free agent rb ? Maybe ai bumps up the o coordinators running attempts sliders a tad.

2. Progression. Have it mimic the play type of the player. For example if I take a rookie qb and live on the short game. I shouldn't have the progression ability to make his deep game better because that's not what I worked on at all. Maybe it grows a point or 3 but most of the progression should be In the short game. And have two separate progressions. One you set for the season in the beginning of the year that you can change. And what you do in the game. If I get all my sacks in game with the finesse move for a certain player let that skill and associated ones develop. But I could have his in season progression set to run stopping since he lacks it and it's a slow steady progression. Despite not doing so in game( so this would be what the player works on in training camp and practice so to speak over the season )

3. Ratings. Toggle to show them or hide them. Just give us grades. And have it dictated off how the player plays. You could draft a rookie wide receiver that just makes plays for you and could be a 68 overall. But hide it and let us find out if he's worth a roster spot. It'll let us practice/utilize preseason to figure out who stays and who goes. And these grades can be completely wrong and tied into a scouting grade for the head coach. Or god forbid you add front office management and have scouts and etc. but if I do 32 team control. And say I used a team who had an a+ scout and looked at certain free agent. His letter grades would be much different than say a scout who had a c-. Same thing with the draft. Just grades and have them be wrong sometimes. A+ scouts can still get it wrong.

4. Draft classes. Let us edit. Give us stats for players. Give us story lines. Give us top 25. Give us the ability to understand everything that's going on in the college world. Heisman race. Award races throughout the season. Mock drafts. Rumor mill. Scheme fits for teams/coaches and etc. you guys talked about smarter ai for this year. But what about multiple years. If a team drafts a qb top 5. They probably wouldn't touch another one for at least 2 years. Most people here play cfm for the long haul. You generate prospects every year. But what makes each year different. Make draft class random generators that tie in things. Matt Miller tweeting " this is the best offensive linemen group I've seen in 20 years." Daniel Jeremiah tweeting " I wouldn't draft a widereciver in the first round of this draft." They could be true or it could be a lie.

5. Actually play out the cfm and ask yourself does it make you wanna play more? Do you wake up going oh snap I gotta play the next week and find out what's going on around the league. What's going on around the college world for prospects. NCAA and head coach 09 had me hooked like no other. Every game is different and the quality of depth had me wanting to play more and more to keep creating my own story in my own world. What stops the continuation of a cfm is when each week and each season feels the same. I appreciate all the hype in this thread. But they should have done this a long Time ago. I can still pick up NCAA 14 and head coach 09 today and just get lost in the sauce. Give us an experience that allows us to be truly connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 08-16-2017, 02:18 AM   #35
Rookie

1) Remove XP...let player performance change "under the hood".
2) Drastically improve AI in every position and facet of the game.
3) Improve immersion through weekly, half-time, pre and post game shows. re-introduce the chain gang making REAL first down measurements.
4) Fix the challenge system so we can challenge outcomes same as they do in the NFL.
5) Make the draft and off season activities more enjoyable by creating immersion, not just pages of text.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by mykelmosinee; 08-16-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
Top 5:

1. Coaches. Coaches.Coaches. Look at head coach 09, NCAA 14, and nba2k for a good start. Go farther than that. Offensive coordinators should have sliders or set preferences or percentages. Inside run, run out of gun, shotgun pass, no huddle, play actions. And etc you should feel the difference each game you play. And then tie it into new free agent acquisitions, and rookie drafting. You sign a big time free agent rb ? Maybe ai bumps up the o coordinators running attempts sliders a tad.

2. Progression. Have it mimic the play type of the player. For example if I take a rookie qb and live on the short game. I shouldn't have the progression ability to make his deep game better because that's not what I worked on at all. Maybe it grows a point or 3 but most of the progression should be In the short game. And have two separate progressions. One you set for the season in the beginning of the year that you can change. And what you do in the game. If I get all my sacks in game with the finesse move for a certain player let that skill and associated ones develop. But I could have his in season progression set to run stopping since he lacks it and it's a slow steady progression. Despite not doing so in game( so this would be what the player works on in training camp and practice so to speak over the season )

3. Ratings. Toggle to show them or hide them. Just give us grades. And have it dictated off how the player plays. You could draft a rookie wide receiver that just makes plays for you and could be a 68 overall. But hide it and let us find out if he's worth a roster spot. It'll let us practice/utilize preseason to figure out who stays and who goes. And these grades can be completely wrong and tied into a scouting grade for the head coach. Or god forbid you add front office management and have scouts and etc. but if I do 32 team control. And say I used a team who had an a+ scout and looked at certain free agent. His letter grades would be much different than say a scout who had a c-. Same thing with the draft. Just grades and have them be wrong sometimes. A+ scouts can still get it wrong.

4. Draft classes. Let us edit. Give us stats for players. Give us story lines. Give us top 25. Give us the ability to understand everything that's going on in the college world. Heisman race. Award races throughout the season. Mock drafts. Rumor mill. Scheme fits for teams/coaches and etc. you guys talked about smarter ai for this year. But what about multiple years. If a team drafts a qb top 5. They probably wouldn't touch another one for at least 2 years. Most people here play cfm for the long haul. You generate prospects every year. But what makes each year different. Make draft class random generators that tie in things. Matt Miller tweeting " this is the best offensive linemen group I've seen in 20 years." Daniel Jeremiah tweeting " I wouldn't draft a widereciver in the first round of this draft." They could be true or it could be a lie.

5. Actually play out the cfm and ask yourself does it make you wanna play more? Do you wake up going oh snap I gotta play the next week and find out what's going on around the league. What's going on around the college world for prospects. NCAA and head coach 09 had me hooked like no other. Every game is different and the quality of depth had me wanting to play more and more to keep creating my own story in my own world. What stops the continuation of a cfm is when each week and each season feels the same. I appreciate all the hype in this thread. But they should have done this a long Time ago. I can still pick up NCAA 14 and head coach 09 today and just get lost in the sauce. Give us an experience that allows us to be truly connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of went over the 3 sentence guideline, eh? Lol

Old 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #37
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Can a mod change this title to add "Offline CFM?" That's what the OP is talking about.

1. Replace xp and drills with OTAs and Training Camp, the first giving points to be used on physical attributes, the latter on position attributes/awareness. Obviously this is done prior to the preseason, this way you only have to worry about it during one point in the season instead of the annoying every week crap.

2. Real NFL offensive and defensive coordinators.

3. High quality weekly wrap up show.

4. Keep track of previous season win/loss records, scores, Super Bowls, etc. Have commentary make note of this, i.e., "last seasons stingiest defense, the Browns only added in the off season." And DON'T have commentary about 2017 in 2022- i.e. "last year Brady won his 5th Super Bowl."

5. Improve Super Bowl win presentation, including authentic songs (such as We Are the Champions by Queen). Have a Super Bowl PREGAME show, an actual pregame show, not just a quick introduction before heading to the field, comparing team statistics and with commentators (different from the in game commentators) making note of the odds and who the favorite/underdog is, and those commentators making predictions.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 08-16-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #38
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

1) COACH INFLUENCE
I strongly believe that coaching is responsible for 75% of a teams success in the NFL and players are only 25%. I want to see the practice/preperation completely redone. Instead of only choosing to practice for "man coverage" or "Zone blitz" which i think is unrealistic. Good coaches prepare for everything! I would like to see each position broken down to 2 or 3 different choices. You start with Safties for expample, and choose whether your going to prepare to be aggressive with "blitzing","tackling" or stay conservative with "zone coverage", "open field tackling" for the upcoming opponent. Players can still earn their xp's but i would like to see top tier coach's boosting their players ratings before a game based on the preperation. Coach's and players should fall into 4 different tiers based on their overall ratings. Tier 1 being the best, tier 4 being the worst. A tier 1 coach would have the ability to boost his players ratings by (+4) or (+5) for the ratings that accord with the preperation you have choosen. Tier 2 or 3 coaches will have ability to boost ratings by (+2) or +(3), Tier 1 (+1), etc.

2) WEEKLY RUNDOWN
Ive said this before. Their is no better way of getting the player completely immersed into his franchise than a weekly rundown show. Half the time Im not even sure whats going on in my CFM because i have to navigate through a bunch of diffeent screens and menus to find standings, injuries, playoff picture, draft stories, stats. Bring it all to me instead in a weekly rundown where i dont have to put in the effort and have to research my own league to feel immersed.

3) MORE CONTRACT OPTIONS
Being able to approach a player to renagotiate a contract. Incentives, front loaded, back loaded contract.

4) IN DEPTH PRESENTATION
Presentation is key to a good franchise mode. If you dont have in depth presentation to counter all the info available in your league, it feels like you are putting so much effort into building a team to win it all, just to feel empty in the end if the presentation gets stale too quick or doesnt feel rewarding. EA needs to hype up the playoffs more, have some new fresh ideas to match what we see on TV, and have it tell a story as to whats going on in the league. Playoff atmosphere needs to be bigger and more intense. Fans need to be louder and more noticable. Different graphic pop ups for bigger games, etc.

5) UNCERTAIN PLAYER DEVELOPMENT BASED ON PERSONALITY

If i select a high talent player with a personalitly rating of D or lower, I want that to be a "high risk" player. I want to see his ratings drop drastically if he doesnt play well or increase to his full potential if he plays well or has a top tier coach that helps his development. There needs to be more players that end up being a roller coaster with ratings. It will create more "busts" and "breakout" players.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Kind of went over the 3 sentence guideline, eh? Lol

Did you see the guy above him? 16 wishlist items & paragraphs for days. Somebody didn't read the OP.

Sorry 4Verts, I won't comment more

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Did you see the guy above him? 16 wishlist items & paragraphs for days. Somebody didn't read the OP.

Sorry 4Verts, I won't comment more

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
LMAO...yeah, I saw that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »