Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

My lord. Just 5?! You could easily list 10 and just be scratching the surface. lol

1. Coaching staffs/traits & Coaching Carousel (see HC09/NCAA14). They also have their own play styles /traits/systems they like to run.

2. Chemistry/Moral/Playbook learning (system/scheme)- Playbook learning could limit you from just signing the best FA's as "plug & play".

3. NEW scouting & Pro Days. See Madden 12, NCAA14, HC09. We need something besides this dumbed down three button mashes system. And have the accuracy of scouting affected by GM/HC/scout traits/level with there always being a +/- % accuracy.

4. RFA & Improved Contracts. HC09 had RFA and bonus's/incentives for contracts. It can be done.

5. Customization / Rebranding. Owners mode is pathetic. We need better relocation options - ie team names, uni's, stadiums, etc. See NBA2K & NCAA14 (conference realignment).

6. Team/Player historical stats. Should be able to see a players "history" along with team historical stats and league/franchise history.

Didn't even get to the asinine menus (UI?) and unorganized league news/tweets or less than stellar CPU AI.

Man, franchise is a mess. Are we sure they aren't trying to get rid of it? I mean, I hear/read what they say, but then I see what they do (or don't do).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
My lord. Just 5?! You could easily list 10 and just be scratching the surface. lol

1. Coaching staffs/traits & Coaching Carousel (see HC09/NCAA14). They also have their own play styles /traits/systems they like to run.

2. Chemistry/Moral/Playbook learning (system/scheme)- Playbook learning could limit you from just signing the best FA's as "plug & play".

3. NEW scouting & Pro Days. See Madden 12, NCAA14, HC09. We need something besides this dumbed down three button mashes system. And have the accuracy of scouting affected by GM/HC/scout traits/level with there always being a +/- % accuracy.

4. RFA & Improved Contracts. HC09 had RFA and bonus's/incentives for contracts. It can be done.

5. Customization / Rebranding. Owners mode is pathetic. We need better relocation options - ie team names, uni's, stadiums, etc. See NBA2K & NCAA14 (conference realignment).

6. Team/Player historical stats. Should be able to see a players "history" along with team historical stats and league/franchise history.

Didn't even get to the asinine menus (UI?) and unorganized league news/tweets or less than stellar CPU AI.

Man, franchise is a mess. Are we sure they aren't trying to get rid of it? I mean, I hear/read what they say, but then I see what they do (or don't do).
Limiting it to 5 gives them a good indication of what should be higher priority. If we listed 10 things (or even 16 like the other poster) then everyone's list would be identical.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #43
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
In an attempt to better align the OS community on what features they are looking for in CFM I am conducting a survey to send to John White at EA. John has identified the four ways he believes a majority of players play CFM. The point of this specific thread is to determine the Top 5 most desired features for people playing CFM in a “Season(s) w/ favorite team” focused way. This means that you play in a CFM by yourself, or with limited other humans, for one or more season in an attempt to lead “your team” to the Super Bowl. If you play in multiple CFMs and play them differently, or think you fit in multiple categories, please fill out a separate submission for each thread.

If this fits your style of play please reply to this thread using the below template. When naming your features be as specific as possible, saying better contracts is too vague. I will compile the lists later and group them into larger groups, but if we start with more specific responses it gives more flexibility to combine them later. Make sure the order reflects your feelings on the importance of these being in the mode in your mind.

Top 5 Features:
1. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
2. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
3. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
4. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
5. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)

Please do not add any other comments, or thoughts, on other people’s responses. The idea of this is to have a central location that we can easily develop lists that will be compiled and sent to John down the road.

If you have any questions please feel free to DM me.
i know this is broken down by what John White believes we play our franchise.

What kills is me nothing mentioned fit a category I like to call "The Commissioner". The reason why I don't think we hear John reference it is because they haven't given us any tools control to run a league as such.

The big thing you control with this kind of play style is.....

Easy 32 Team Control:
1. No more spending an hour setting up CFM to control all the teams. You instantly have control over any team by just toggling to their homepage.
2. Play ANY game you want without having to own a character

Choose What to Do:
1. Let the CPU run everything automatically. You just intervene when you want (free agency, draft, trades, gameplan, or anything for the matter)

Full Roster Control
1. This is similar to the last one, but let us intervene with any roster we want without having to control the team.
2. We have it now, but I want to stress the importance of it. Full player editing for any team

Build a stadium/ jersey/ team relocation:
1. If I have a franchise with the Patriots, and I want to see the Raiders move to Las Vegas or the Rams Back to STL, I should have the ability to do that.

Full Control
1. I want to be able to edit draft classes, had out suspensions, force injuries, over ride scores, manually set teams game plans, control the weather, you name it, I want full control.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 AM   #44
MVP

1. Menu Ticker To create a greater sense of immersion, a ticker in the menus of CFM would display scores from the previous week, current week matchups, news (injuries, contract extensions, FA signings, etc.), and statistics. This ticker would either compliment or replace the current news hub. A DeuceDouglas mockup of what such a ticker might look like.

2. Coaching Staffs – As much as I'd love to have full coaching staffs (down to trainers and quality control coaches) in the game, I'll settle for coordinators. Each coach would possess certain ratings, perks, etc. and "progress" or "regress" in some sort of way depending on the staffs and teams they are a part of. Ideally, one would be able to edit all coaches (names, age, appearance, equipment, etc) as well.

3. Improved CPU Depth Chart Management – To make the pre-season more user-friendly and usable, we should have the ability to divide our roster into a first team, a second team, and so on. We should also be able to pre-set their playing time by selecting either a number of possessions or an end point (ex. end of first quarter). Once again, DeuceDouglas had a great mockup as to what this might look like.

4. More Detailed Player Cards – Player cards should include the teams a player has been a member of on the career stats screen, a full transaction history, and a full injury history.

5. Multiple TV-Style Presentation Packages – To help keep things fresh in CFM, the team at Tiburon should take a page from the Show's playbook and implement multiple presentation packages. Ideally, there would be one imitating FOX, one imitating CBS, one imitating SNF on NBC, one imitating MNF on ESPN, and another for TNF. In real life, each network's presentation package helps create a unique vibe while watching the game (CBS' creates a classy, laid back vibe, for example) and hopefully the same effect could be achieved in Madden.

Honorable mentions: the ability to export my CFM team into Play Now, historic stats archive, the ability to edit prospects before the draft and share draft classes, the ability to choose preseason opponents, no more than two consecutive home or road games in schedules past season one.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 08-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #45
Rookie

I guess what bothers me the most is that 1) We've told them, in great detail over the years, exactly what we want. Problem is it is rarely EVER heard.
2) Don't they understand WHY more people don't play single player CFM? It's because it is so shallow, boring, and lifeless. I haven't been able to finish 1 single season, because there is no immersion in it. It literally feels like 16 play now games. Hell, even the weather is screwed...I'm a Packer fan, and I RARELY ever see snow at Lambeau. There's usually snow in Wisconsin from about mid-late November until April...but not in Madden's world.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #46
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I guess what bothers me the most is that 1) We've told them, in great detail over the years, exactly what we want. Problem is it is rarely EVER heard.
2) Don't they understand WHY more people don't play single player CFM? It's because it is so shallow, boring, and lifeless. I haven't been able to finish 1 single season, because there is no immersion in it. It literally feels like 16 play now games. Hell, even the weather is screwed...I'm a Packer fan, and I RARELY ever see snow at Lambeau. There's usually snow in Wisconsin from about mid-late November until April...but not in Madden's world.

Too many sentences brodie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 08-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 2

1) Remove xp and replace with a more true to life progression/regression system. It should be dependent on on-field performance as well as their potential.

2) editable and shareable draft classes. This makes the game so much more enjoyable when you are multiple seasons in

3) player personalities and relationships. Morale and having to manage your roster to ensure you don't break down relationships with players and coaches. At the moment you could bench your 90 rated qb for an 80 rated player with no real repercussion. His morale should drop resulting in him demanding a release/trade and ruining any chance of you signing him in the future. Holdouts would also be an addition that could come with this for players being paid below their rating

4) Vets and players with a high football iq (make this a new rating please) having a greater impact off the field. If I sign a 35 year old qb with a high football iq as a backup, this should result in boosted progression for my younger qbs on the roster

5) improve the draft! - this should be from start to finish with improved scouting, meeting with players, combine!
Old 08-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
Too many sentences brodie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've already given my list...and under 3 sentences per point. Brodie

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »