Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #49
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

1. Change the progression system. The current xp system does not feel very realistic, and even when it is being used as intended it isn't very fun scrolling through each individual player to assign a couple points in various places.

2. Better scouting/draft system. The current system isn't very fun or rewarding. Finding a mid to late round gem feels more like luck than skill/strategy. You shouldn't be able to hit on a 4th round pick every time, but a good scouting staff should get it right more often, while early round busts are too easy too find.

3. Stats. We've had it in the past and it's 2017. There is no reason we should not have a full historical Database.

4. Real life personalities for players affecting their behavior. Laveon Bell holding out for a new contract, quarterbacks restructuring their deals for salary cap purposes, players being suspended for off field issues.

5. Full coaching staff and former players as coaches.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I've already given my list...and under 3 sentences per point. Brodie

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Per the OP, we're not supposed to have discussions here. That's what he meant by "too many sentences".

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #51
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

1. Optional alternative non-performance-based Progression System
Gaining more XP based on stats and awards is backwards. Players should not improve because they performed well. Players should perform well because they improved. Ratings should be progressed or XP earned solely on practice focus, positional coach ratings, % of Snaps played per Season, Development rating and some random probability. Make it an option so those who like the current system can continue to use that. You can't please everyone with one system so give the consumer multiple options.

2. Full Coaching Staff – OC's, DC's, positional coaches & Training staff
Non-performance based Progression System is the main reason OC's, DC's and positional coaches should be added. Each coach should have ratings which affect progression of their players in certain categories. Teams should be given an equal Coach's Salary Cap to spend on Staff in order to make this an even playing field.

3. Weekly Wrap-Up/Highlight Show
Animated Studio show with Scores and Stats from top games of the previous week. Allow Users to nominate 1-4 highlights from their own game which can be used in the weekly highlight show.

4. League Customization / Expansion / Rebranding

We need better relocation options, hundreds of team names, fully customizable uniforms (TeamBuilder). In-depth Stadium creator with hundreds of options, etc. Division Realignment (See NBA2K & NCAA14 conference realignment). Pre-Season Scheduling. Expansion Draft and Protections.

5. Retool the FA bidding period

It's a huge aspect of NFL football and it has currently been destroyed by the transparent point system which just leads to last second sniping. Add promises to the equation like NCAA Football 14 had so its not always just the top bidder who wins and an easy gimme in single player CFM's.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

In no particular order:

1. Improved / expanded player contracts & salary cap management (i.e. See cap hit by season before offer, control of the same, renegotiate contracts , roster bonuses etc)

2. Expanded app or online Management and ability to export rosters, FA and draft players to excel. One of the things I miss most from NCAA 14

3. Improved CPU roster and cap management.

4. I'd like to see player specific caps on physical attributes. Some players are never gonna achieve super speed or super strength.

5. Ability to move teams between conferences and divisions.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #53
MVP

Question Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

With GOAT edition out I wanted to check back in and see if any other items need added here. Will probably ask once more time a couple days after official release to give everyone a chance to provide feedback before compiling the stats.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:20 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

1. The ability to assign playbooks and gameplans easily without using two controllers
2. Realistic Contracts-Contracts based on service time which would result in RFAs and exclusive right free agents, 5th year options on 1st round picks. Contracts based off stat production, not just overall
3. Don't make scouting such an exact science, have teams hire scouts and every scout can have a different rating for a prospect. Slowly reveal rookie ratings over the course of their rookie season so you don't immediately know what you drafted
4. Make it more immersive, track career stats and awards. Have individual team record books like NCAA
5. Scrap XP and hide potential, at the very least give us the option to hide this stuff
Old 08-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #55
MVP

One last bump here to try and get anyone else who may have missed this thread before I start compiling data for John.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #56
Rookie

MetalBeldo's Arena

1) Real life Coordinators, that you can fire/hire, with some players added to the hiring pool every year after they retire.

2) Coaching Carousel like the NCAA Dynasty mode.

3) Bring back EA Gameface for created coaches.

4) Training Camp, similar to older Maddens, where you would take a player and put him through drills.

5) Community shareable draft classes, like in the NBA 2K series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »