Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #57
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

1. Coordinators/Position Coaches/Head Coaches/GMs/Scouts - like everyone else has said, bring in coordinators and position coaches. Make the coaches have strengths and weaknesses that will increase the progression of players in that certain area (that effectively will boost players in-game in those areas). Weaknesses slow progression and make players more prone to underperforming in those areas. Make these coach ratings (teach QB play reading (makes QBs better or worse at throwing to right recievers), teach pass/run block, teach run/pass play recognition). Make all ratings smarts-oriented, coaches dont have influence on a QBs throw power or accuracy, or a RBs speed, etc. Physical ratings are mostly constant with little deviation, skill ratings develop/progress with practice/playing time, "football IQ" ratings progress with experience( ie. practice/playing time) and with coach influence. Head coaches should have very small football iq influence but should have leadership ratings (high leadership ratings lead to improved overall team performance). GMs should be added into Madden and should have team building traits (like 2K). For example, they should have trading, free agency, and drafting ratings. Trading and free agency should be "influence ratings" that can help convince other GMs or free agents. Drafting ratings should be a logic-type rating. Scouts should be introduced and have ratings for each position in how accurate their reports are (reporting an A when actually a B or B- if they have a bad rating).

2. Ratings and Player Progression/Regression - Ratings should be either A) grades that turn into more accurate grades and then numbers, or B) number ranges that turn into closer range gaps. THIS IS JUST IN CFM, IN ROSTERS RATINGS ARE ABSOLUTE. These ratings ranges should become more accurate as players gain experience (for example, a highly drafted rookie has a rating shown as a 10 point gap whereas an undrafted rookie has a rating gap of 20 or 30, and middle-low drafted rookies are in between depending on round drafted or if they were scouted or not). Players rating ranges then shrink and become more accurate as they gain league experience. As players regress or spend long amounts of time without playing time or league experience (i.e. Glennon mentioned below) the ranges should start to slowly increase to simulate taking risks on old veterans or revived players. RATING GAPS SHOULD ONLY BE FOR SKILL OR IQ RATINGS, PHYSICAL RATINGS ARE ABSOLUTE, OR HAVE A CONSTANT CLOSE RANGE. Right now it is to easy to build teams because you already know the specific rating 100% accurately for every player in the league (for example, the Bears are taking a shot on Mike Glennon but in Madden, there is no risk because you already know exactly what he is capable of even if he hasnt played for awhile). XP should also be trashed and make rating progression/regression based on coaches, player development trait (under same rules as rating ranges), playing time, and on-field performance. This way players who perform well progress faster (same concept as XP but more naturally) and players who are out of the league for a decent amount of years regress in skills, like real-life. Player development ratings should also change based on performance and experience (for example, players out of the league for a couple years should have a semi-random development trait with influence from past experience, such as a player who has been out of the league 3 years and is now 24 will have lower ratings but might develop them back faster and have a "career revival," or might have a lower development trait and do worse than before). This makes taking a chance on these players a riskier move. INJURY RATINGS should also be ranged or a general category or fragile, normal, non-issue, for example we know RG3 is injury-prone but we obviously dont know how often he'll be injured in the future.

3. Preseason/Training Camp - preseason logic should be more accurate during games, i.e. game 1 - starters play 1 or 2 drives, 2nd string plays until half, scrubs play the rest. game 2- starters: first quarter, 2nd string: halftime-mid 3rd, scrubs: rest of game. game 3 - starters: mid 2nd-halftime, 2nd string: start of 4th-mid 4th, scrubs: ROG. game 4 - starters: DNP-1 drive, 2nd string: mid 2nd-halftime, scrubs: ROG. playing time during preseason should also be influenced by injury rating, age, league experience, and if in position battle or not.
For training camp, we should have practices with specific drills such as realistic drills from gauntlet or drills from the combine in Longshot. Included should be special teams and options for contact, non-contact, or walkthrough. Injuries should also be possible in practices, scaled to the intensity of practice (full contact should be a minor decrease in injury possibility, non contact should have a significant decrease, walkthrough should have no injuries. Practices should also account to progression, influenced by practice intensity. Also, practices should be in preseason and during the season and be scheduled in a schedule form.

4. Playable CFM roles - Users should have the option of playing as a coach (position coach, coordinator, head coach) as a GM, or as an owner. Each role would have the same rating influences as the CPU would have in the same role (position coach only influences players at that position, head coach has leadership rating influence on team (mentioned above in rating section), GM has gm ratings in effect, etc.) but each specific job during the year (sign free agents, call plays, position lock during games/practices, drafting, etc.) are always available to all users, but each role has default settings to manually control only options that involve that role (QB coach only controls QB during game/practice, only schedule specific QB drills during practice, can only submit suggestion to CPU GM for QB trade/free agent/scouting/draft targets) and all other jobs are defaulted to CPU controlled.

5. CFM Editing - Okay so this one will be pretty short. All coaches, scouts, players, etc. should be fully editable, as well as being able to manually add injuries to players. Sliders should be expanded to affect all gameplay aspects (CFM gameplay sliders should be separate from main menu sliders), player progression/regression should have sliders for each position, draft, free agency, and trading should all have difficulty sliders, option to use range or absolute ratings, and above all else FULLY EDITABLE, SHARABLE DRAFT CLASSES. All 32 teams should also be able to use customized playbooks regardless of if in 32 team control or not.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #58
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

Top 5 Features:
1. (Art) – Full screen pictures that depict major milestones(yearly awards/career stats), free agent signings, re-signings, draft picks holding jersey at team facility, pro bowl roster, new stadiums, new uniforms, promotional ads around the city, Annual/weekly SI magazine covers, NFL Network’s Top 100 countdown each stage of the offseason and unequivocally the Madden Cover Athlete each year. It tells your story without telling a specific story. You can add anything to this style of approach, easter eggs, hidden things for year X in the future of your franchise, etc.
2. (Year to Year Saves) – Bring in your franchise from where you left off from previous Madden. There’s an excitement to playing with new rookies and all but there’s also regret in leaving a team you’ve built for a year. Currently you remember a player you drafted 2-3 years, I want to remember his career.
3. (Rebrands) – the ability to give a team a fresh look 5-10 years down the road or immediately, *cough* Lions!! *cough*. Allow me to make at least two alternates while keeping my team’s history of uniforms. An in-game creator similar to Teambuilder using all existing uniform features could allow me to give the Cardinals a retro look while keeping the current number font.
4. (Coach Carousel) – Like in NCAA all coaches and assistant coaches have a grade based off performance so when black Monday arrives chaos ensues! You don’t know who you’ll lose and who you will have to pick from once the party starts. Unlike NCAA though I would like the option to keep a coach if money can change his mind.
5. (Roles/Chemistry) – (Taking from MUT, might be sacrilegious around here, but I like the idea of certain card/players having the ability to affect specific players or the whole team. Transfer that by having player/coach chemistries that give an AWR boost for home games or one that gives a PRC boost to his position because he’s signed in the offseason with mentoring role.)
Old 09-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 0

Thank you to all who provided feedback. I have now gotten all of the responses into a spreed sheet and I'll be compiling a report specific to this "play style" for John. Hopefully we can use the group response here to help shape this specific experience.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 3

Thank you for starting and being a point of contact for this effort.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #61
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Top 5 Features:
1. (CPU playbooks) – Should be an easy fix. Open the entire playbook up to the CPU.
2. (Coach/Organization Identities) – Have coaches with attributes that affect team building and playcalling. IE, Al Davis loved speed. The Steelers love to build from within.
3. (Detailed stat keeping) - In this age of information, stats should be kept on everything and cross referenced. Maybe even community wide across use r CFM's.
4. (Easier multiple team control) – like fifa team sheets, let us edit everything for CPU teams.
5. (In game atmosphere) – let us hear fans, players, refs, and coaches talking. Stadium chants. Detailed sidelines.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 0

I figured some people would find this stuff interesting. Below is a snapshot of the data overview gathered from this particular thread. Note that I had to break every response down into one of the "common" categories, I dropped ones that didn't fit anything into "other". I submitted this along with all the raw data (the actual responses) to John and will be doing so with the data from the other 3 threads as well.

There is some subjectivity here obviously as I had to place them in their categories but it does seem to paint a pretty obvious picture of common desires for this play style.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 09-06-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:46 PM   #63
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

1.) Players ratings and style, stand out much more. Start with QB.
2.) Teams play like they do IRL
3.) Coaches. Taking a step further from #2. This gives team personality. Assistant coaches would be a great touch if possible. And everything that goes with having a great assistant coach. Faster development, Higher awareness, etc.
4.) Ability to edit draft classes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »