Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-15-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

In an attempt to better align the OS community on what features they are looking for in CFM I am conducting a survey to send to John White at EA. John has identified the four ways he believes a majority of players play CFM. The point of this specific thread is to determine the Top 5 most desired features for people playing CFM in a “Season(s) w/ favorite team” focused way. This means that you play in a CFM by yourself, or with limited other humans, for one or more season in an attempt to lead “your team” to the Super Bowl. If you play in multiple CFMs and play them differently, or think you fit in multiple categories, please fill out a separate submission for each thread.

If this fits your style of play please reply to this thread using the below template. When naming your features be as specific as possible, saying better contracts is too vague. I will compile the lists later and group them into larger groups, but if we start with more specific responses it gives more flexibility to combine them later. Make sure the order reflects your feelings on the importance of these being in the mode in your mind.

Top 5 Features:
1. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
2. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
3. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
4. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
5. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)

Please do not add any other comments, or thoughts, on other people’s responses. The idea of this is to have a central location that we can easily develop lists that will be compiled and sent to John down the road.

If you have any questions please feel free to DM me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

Top 5 Features:
1. (Get rid of XP) – (Cannot have true progression no matter what tweaks you do with XP and all features that stem from this will be unrealistic as well)
2. (In depth scouting) – (Better scouting, more challenge, more realistic rookies)
3. (Coaches) – (Get coordinators and positional coaches)
4. (Immersion) – (Stuff that could have been done on a PS1 like past stats)
5. (Get rid of XP) – (So important I'll list it twice )

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

1. Editable Draft classes.
2. Position coaches, coordinators at the very least.
3. Carry over stats, award winners, sb winners etc.
4. Mouthpieces, yes it gets its own, shouldn't have to be asking for it in 2017.
5. True progression, no more xp.

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

1. Get rid of XP and introduce a more realistic system that follows real life trends/odds.

2. Deeper coaching staffs that have pros/cons to each coach. Coordinators, position coaches, even trainers.

3. Everything is a record. I want to be able to go back and look at scores from week 2 of year 3 in my season when I am in year 16. EVERYTHING should be archived.

4. Front office negotiations completely revamped. From talking to players to negotiating trades with other teams. Relationships with other GMs, past players taken into account. Better logic. Playoff push, rebuilding, etc. should play a role in the GM and players on the market in decision making.

5. A better rating system. They will likely never get rid of the numerical system, so I'd rather see everything done like a lot of text sims where you can pick the scale, 1-5, 1-10, 1-50, 20-80, 1-100 and have it set to where you and the AI see exact ratings or if you only see what your scouts see in the player which may not be completely accurate. Under the hood QB1 is an 86 overall with 92 deep accuracy, your scouting reports tell you he is a 82 overall with 84 deep accuracy, the Chiefs scouting report sees him as a 89 overall with 97 deep accuracy. They may go hard after him in free agency, or if he is on your team you may be able to get more out of a trade than you'd think because they value him more based off of their reports.

― Plato
Old 08-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

1/ dump exps
2/ lower objectives for 2nd/3rd string (doesnt for 3-4 pass rushers for example) all olbers i have have 10 sacks required
3/ restricted FAs, both type of tag, 5th year options resign udfas in season to multi year deal - ie proper contract stuff
4/ formation subs in custom playbooks with custom packages, subs as per madden 08 pc/hc06/ncaa 14
5/ coaches, coordinators. etc like hc06/09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #6
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

1. Improved AI - play calling (no more verticals on 3rd & long), roster management, and QB AI.
2. Coaches - Offense and defense coordinators that have Pros and Cons.
3. No more XP - I just don't like it. Would rather it go back to the way it was before.
4. Continued stat tracking - Super Bowl winners, Division winners, yearly award winners, and Super Bowl MVP.
5. Better scouting - be able to hire a scout and have that scout give you a certain range of that player. (ex: 60 - 80 route running)

Last edited by Cowboy008; 08-15-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #7
Rookie

bucknup's Arena

1. Editable draft classes
2. Halftime & a weekly show wrap up, showing big plays, weekly award winners and stuff like that.
3. Coaching carousel like NCAA 14.
4. Training camps to get more practice for rookies to progress.
5. Keep stats continuously throughout CFM career, keeping track of award winners, super bowl winners and stuff like that.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

1) Coordinators/Coaches -- Would like to see the ability to hire/fire coordinators at the very least. Would also like some retired players to come back as coaches.

2) Start career similar to NCAA 2014 -- Loved being able to be a coordinator and having to work up to being a head coach. Job is offered to you, not you choosing where to go to. Helped with my immersion anyway.

3) Holdouts/Stories/Trade demands -- Liked the old Madden where player X wouldn't show up for Training Camp because they were trying out basketball or filming a movie, etc. Would also like to see players hold out for larger contracts or demand a trade (Carson Palmer for example).

4) Training Camp -- Would like to see the old training camp make a comeback. Choose a player at a position and run through drills to earn points to assign to attributes. I was invested in those rookies I drafted and wanted to have a hand in developing them.

5) Better progression/regression -- I'm not a fan of the XP system as a whole. I'd like to see the old system back with maybe a few tweaks here and there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »