Home

Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 06:27 PM   #33
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 18 is avialable via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

I'm broadcasting a cfm test game on twitch.

all pro sim default, no assists, 9 min qrt.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks
Old 08-16-2017, 06:27 PM   #34
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Was it last year when the limit glitched and some guys like myself got like 15-20 hours?
That's a glitch I would enjoy
haha. Good call there. I don't know why they just don't let us buy the game now. I mean, 99% of the players will know within an hour or two if they're going to buy or not. ya know?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
haha. Good call there. I don't know why they just don't let us buy the game now. I mean, 99% of the players will know within an hour or two if they're going to buy or not. ya know?
Exactly, I buy every year since JM birth on my 128. I say it's the least they could do.
Besides some people on the fence may just go ahead and buy right away to keep playing. Where if they burn all 10 hours right away and then have to wait a few days, they could change their mind.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
As the browns default all pro against the steelers cfm, I threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns with Kizer. The defense was an absolute joke on both sides but I'm the browns they're supposed to be bad. All around disappointment. The game actually felt a little slower to me but that could have been the game speed but it's on normal.

This is what has happened in every CFM I've played for the last 5 or 6 years. So nothing has changed? So much for ratings are supposed to matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #37
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Exactly, I buy every year since JM birth on my 128. I say it's the least they could do.
Besides some people on the fence may just go ahead and buy right away to keep playing. Where if they burn all 10 hours right away and then have to wait a few days, they could change their mind.
Definitely. I also think they would gain more members for EA access. Gamers love to playe games early.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:36 PM   #38
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Speed and power is everything. If you are faster, you will dominate. If you are stronger, you will dominate. A more powerful running back will flatten a DB or Safety, even some of the smaller LBs too. I saw several times a faster LB run right passed the block of a slower offensive lineman. You can definitely scramble quite well with the QB.

Played against 3 scrambling QBs, neither scrambled at all. They all just took sacks or threw the ball away. A couple did the age old drift half to the sideline and fire a bullet across the field animation a few times. Bad offensive line, you going to have a hard time running the ball, running lane is TINY. Good offensive line though, your lane is HUGE and sustained for quite a bit.

I can easily see this game being an offensive shoot out with who have the ball last wins. Haven't tried the target passing yet, don't see a need for it when you can just go deep and be successful 97% of the time. Don't even have to be a fly route either, any deep passing play is successful.

Game just seem overwhelming offensive heavy. Out of all the defenses I played as, Cardinals, Pats and Seahawks, the Seahawks defended the pass the best. So maybe ratings really do matter this year ? Who knows. On the flip side I torched CPU controlled Bears, Texans and Panthers in the air.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #39
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

After playing for 3 hours here are just a few impressions...

Game play on normal seems like last years slow. I like it for the running game but not so much the rest of the game. Rb's feel fast as opposed to other players. I'm actually a guy who likes it on slow offline but even I think it could be tweaked up ever so slightly.

I really liked playing as a CB with usering and the ability to press inside, outside, and lock with right stick. It was satisfying to play as Richard Sherman and I got a few picks with him... There is a learning curve as I did get beat a few times too...

Looks like they nerfed qb rush from videos which is a good thing. You can still run when you have room with mobile ab's.

Running is fun and NO need to even press turbo anymore until you see a lane. Be patient and wait for blockers I found success. Turbo running on the handoff was unsuccessful. Playing as the Seahawks (bad OLine) was tough to run too as it should be. Seems like ratings really matter.

I liked that as throwing to the sidelines seemed like passes took a little longer to get there. I had time to switch to defender and make a play a few times to knock away some sideline routes.

I actually like the feature that shows you who you should be guarding. I usually play as a MLB but was using this as Kam and ET and I liked knowing my reads and responsibilities on who I should be progressing too. It made playing a safety fun for me. In years past I'd get out of position playing safety and give up deep throws.

There is a hiccup with qb in read option runs (on keepers) and a few play actions where he gets stuck in slow speed. Not sure if intentional or if it's a certain play call or what? It doesn't feel good though. That being said I do not like the read option in the game. Same as last year. It might be me but I can't make a read to save my life the window happens so fast. And I can't tell if DL is playing qb or rb quick enough. That could be me getting old!

QB's throwing on the run tuned way down on %'s from what I saw. I threw a few out of bounds on the run with RW.

Also, reach tackles are tied to Right stick and you press Right or Left on right stick. Problem is it's not camera relative. So, you need to hit right to reach left even though your reaching right. LOL! Make sense? I'd like to see this change to camera relative playing in madden classic view...

I will dive in deeper tonight with man and zone stuff.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-16-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #40
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Replay angles are still weird. Just following the ball mid air. No sense of how the play developed.

Instant replay still doesn't work. Wr clearly catches the ball out of bounds (both feet). I challenge and it stays a compketuon

I wasn't a fan of the play live initially (when I read about it) and probably will never use it to start a cfm, but it's a neat feature for play now games. As it gives you options of the current game for your favorite team or a highlighted game of the week.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »