Home

Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #401
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
What's worse is that even if you win 5 super bowls they are still going to be exclusively talking about that game in 2030.

EXACTLY!!! Lol. Even though they're doing some updates with the commentary, because CFM does not have lifetime stat tracking or understanding, they won't be able to update that. So yeah, I'm sure I'll be hearing it my entire franchise. If the game itself doesn't make me chuck my controller through the tv, the announcers digging on my birds lame SB sure as hell might!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #402
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
This is gonna sound like such a noon question, but how do we not download patches?
Don't connect to the internet.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #403
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
Most of these could have been addressed/added with a simple madden 17 patch, not a $65+ touch up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nah. They didn't have Frosbight, plus with addition of better OL blocking, I disagree.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #404
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

I swear, the madden team can't implement anything properly. I was excited about off ball injuries, but holy crap. Injuries on every other play. I can't make it to halftime, because half my roster is done by the first half of the first game.
Also, the lineup graphic is broken, seeing my dbs randomly on my d line and vice versa.

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #405
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

New Era Field in Buffalo is so inaccurate, it might as well be in an alternate universe.

I submitted a few photo suggestions in a "Stadium Inaccuracy Thread" that was stickied after the release of Madden 16. Most of what I presented actually made it into Madden 17. I was shocked.

This year, EA removed most of what I presented and added at least 4 or 5 elements that don't exist (glass luxury boxes where concrete walls/ads usually are, keeping only one Benrus analog clock ad but moving it to the opposite side of the stadium versus having two ads, one on each side).

I know this sounds fairly petty in the scheme of things but I'm starting to think that our stadium won't be 100% accurate until the Bills get "relevant" enough. And that's a shame. Other stadium models got a ton of TLC this year, so it's upsetting so see them go so far backward.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-18-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #406
Rookie

Falconsfan21's Arena

OVR: 1

defense is pure crap this year. cpu qbs are too accurate. passing defense does not work. Cpu overpowered. Im about to cancel my pre-order.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #407
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Played the 49ers last night and Hoyer was 18-22 and I sacked him 8 times. I was actually okay with a few of the sacks but there were a couple that were really bad. I sacked him on 3 straight downs at the beginning of the game and 5 times in the first quarter but outside of that he was unstoppable. Going to have to turn accuracy way down which isn't a surprise but I was hoping OOTB for Simulation would be at least a little bit better for Simulation. Here's a look at the sacks for anyone interested:

Spoiler

Mobile Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I've watched a number of streams and videos, including SimFBCritic, and all of them have had one thing in common: Very high CPU completion percentage. I'm dead serious when I say I haven't witnessed anyone hold the CPU to under 80% passing.

Earlier, people were throwing out that "they probably just weren't calling plays well". Definitely has nothing to do with playcalling and everything to do with the game. You can see the difference in how the CPU plays pass coverage compared to Human AI does. It's almost like you are at the mercy of how many points the CPU feels like scoring when it comes to defense.
Yeah, on All-Madden at least, coverage just isn't that tight for the user. Then when you get decent coverage the QB doesn't want to throw the ball. It's extremely similar to M17 in that regard but in 17 the QB would throw the ball away a bunch but I'm not seeing that at all in 18. Zones are really soft in the flats and towards the sidelines.

Here's a good example of User v. CPU man coverage on All-Madden:

Spoiler

Mobile Link

First play with Peters he kind of gets beat off the line and then slows down while running with the WR allowing some separation and then of course Hoyer lays it in the most perfect spot possible. If coverage is tighter there's a chance to trigger a WR/DB animation and if there's more QB inaccuracy then it could also likely cause an incompletion.

The second is just a slant where again the CB Mitchell kind of loses inside but then goes through that hunchback type slowdown rather than keeping with the receiver and having the chance at triggering an animation and instead creating a ton of separation. More willing to live with that because it also looks like a pick play but I've had instances where it's just one-on-one out there and the same thing happens.

And then the third play is their coverage. Very similar to the second play but the corner gets inside and then runs in the pocket of my WR for the entirety of the route.

I think overall I'd just rather see more inaccuracy (which I can hopefully get to a decent spot with sliders) because I think if they made coverage tighter CPU QB's wouldn't be able to handle it at all. They seem to refuse to throw into coverage which is resulting in a lot of these statue sacks as they really don't have a "timer" telling them to do something when nothing is there or there is pressure.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #408
Banned

OVR: 0

So, trying to edit a player's name within CFM to Bills UDFA rookie Nigel Williams and I get this message when trying to edit first name - the text you entered is either too profane or contains too many numerics. NIGEL wtf
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »