Home

Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
If they are so disconnected, why did they get in things like off the ball injuries and draft boards? (two huge requests)
I think people are talking about actual GAMEPLAY requests that we've been asking for for how many years now? The aforementioned QB scrambling or lack thereof has been a problem for how long now?

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #26
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Re: Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Mad

Quote:
If they are so disconnected, why did they get in things like off the ball injuries and draft boards? (two huge requests)
Remember when they said they wouldn't put something in unless it was 100% done? They put draft boards in but with NO LOGIC to what a true Draft Board does in real life. They literally put it in there for the sake of saying they added a draft board.

My problem really is how John White is trying to separate everyone into groups instead of making the game better for EVERYONE. The way that this all sounds is, they want to cater to a specific group which is the worst way to go about this.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #27
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
My problem isn't with them asking. My problem is that they should already know what the game needs. They play it. How can they not know what's wrong, what doesn't work, what could work better. I defy anyone to play franchise mode for example and not look at the ticker in the menu screens displaying real life NFL news and not appreciate that it's completely out of context; or think the contract and free agent system shouldn't be improved upon. They simply shouldn't NEED to ask.

This is why they should ask.

I consider myself uber sim, but I didn't even notice the ticker. If it spat out the Contra code I wouldn't notice or care. It doesn't add to sim for me. That goes for all presentation. I'm (admittedly) an extremist so I see "sim presentation" as something that contains mandatory :15 commercials I can't skip like YouTube. Anything less than that isn't really sim.

I think the contract system should be so sim I should have a calculator and excel sheet to ensure I'm under the cap, but I'm a minority there.

Point is. It's NOT obvious and we are all different shades of sim and have different priorities. Only sometimes do they actually align. Those things are what it seems like they deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #28
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree4erMadness
I think people are talking about actual GAMEPLAY requests that we've been asking for for how many years now? The aforementioned QB scrambling or lack thereof has been a problem for how long now?

off the ball injuries is a gameplay request and so is coverage assignments that we got this year. They dont always read our lists or take our suggestions but there have been requests by the community that have been addressed.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

One of the developers in the past knocked out 80% of a long list that OS people put together.

It's been done before.

And this is why OS can't have developers here because I'm sure the same attitudes would prevail behind a computer screen.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree4erMadness

So off ball injuries wasn't a gameplay request?
Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Out of HOW MANY problems we've listed over the years?????

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

no-one should have to get someone's ear, that's just stupid and totally rubbish customer feedback.

there have been 2-4 threads per madden cycle that cover my area of concern, off line sim in coach mode. im totally %^&*ed off repeating the same things every year as i'm sure everyone else is. sadly i dont think anyone in EA actually reads them.

Usually the items mentioned have been in previous iterations of Madden. How difficult is it to have a look back at prior games or read a few threads. by asking through someone every year they should as if they care but history shows that the affect on the next version is minimal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »